Trans people: your informed opinions and why you hold them (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I hadn't seen the date.

However, is there any other kind of mental disorder for which we advocate surgery rather than therapy?
I'm not so sure this classifies (your favorite angle, I know) as a mental disorder in the classic sense, like a depression or bipolar disorders and the like. It's more wrapped up in a sense of identity. I guess you could say Dissociative Identity Disorder might come close (the old "multiple personality" TV trope), but then I don't see how surgery could even apply as a solution to that problem.

Perhaps you could make the case that this is different because surgery is actually an option, where in similar other issues your only choices are therapy (long, expensive, and not always successful) and/or drugs (temporary, imprecise, and rarely ever successful in the long run). The idea being it's better for the patient to roll with it, through technology, rather than to chemically and apply conditional behaviorisms to fight against it.

Because unlike being bipolar or having multiple personalities, having the identity of a man or a woman isn't considered a mental illness in society.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
gender is an invention by feminists and the like to 'reinvent' nature, there are SEXES, and no matter how much dress wearing one will do they are that sex
That's the problem. But I do know people can have that feeling where a part of your body isn't yours and you want to cut it off (source), and I wonder how much that's related to this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
gender is an invention by feminists and the like to 'reinvent' nature, there are SEXES, and no matter how much dress wearing one will do they are that sex
Cutting your dick off and constructing a vagina is on another level though. At least that's what I think.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What did the prophet say about transgenders? Serious btw. Did he or Jesus or any religious figure ever say something about this stuff?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That was weird. After my last post I mean.
The world is full of surprises.
Hey Fred, did you know that a diamond upside down is a pussy?
Interesting trivia, I'll use it the next time I'm at a company retreat.

- - - Updated - - -

What did the prophet say about transgenders? Serious btw. Did he or Jesus or any religious figure ever say something about this stuff?
You had the time to dig up posts all the way back from 2008, I'm pretty sure researching that won't be difficult.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The world is full of surprises.

Interesting trivia, I'll use it the next time I'm at a company retreat.

- - - Updated - - -

You had the time to dig up posts all the way back from 2008, I'm pretty sure researching that won't be difficult.
I just looked for Fred and ignorance. Had the gay thing within seconds.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
The Arabs are the biggest homosexuals going, in Morocco, every guy was walking down the street holding hands, slapping each others arses and kissing.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
oh i definitely commiserate
What I don't get is this though: we know that when testosterone is given, women tend to display more masculine traits. We also know that there appears to be nothing wrong with the hormone balance of transgenders. I suppose I just wonder where exactly it comes from.

- - - Updated - - -

iran is one of the most tolerant countries when it comes to transgenders @king Ale
Yes, but it was an actual question to see whether or not transgenders have been around for centuries.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
What I don't get is this though: we know that when testosterone is given, women tend to display more masculine traits. We also know that there appears to be nothing wrong with the hormone balance of transgenders. I suppose I just wonder where exactly it comes from.

- - - Updated - - -

my honest opinion, boredom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)