What's missing... ?? (3 Viewers)

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
And look at Man City for the past two seasons. Two epic failures.

We're on the right track. There is still plenty of work to be done, but the foundations are in place.
Yep, we are, and it's hopefully gets better when Llorente is here.

The real problem is 3-5-2. You can't play such a system nowaday if you wanna be at the top.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Conte switched to a 3-5-2 to cope with the fact that we didn't have a decent left back, (So I've read)
I remember it was to counteract Napoli when we got that 3-3 draw with some Pepe magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, people expecting us to get past every thing in the first year in CHL, After many years.

Just look at Dortmund last and this year.
I don't think people are expecting us to win CL or anything of the sort, rather, it's the poor performances over both legs that most are finding unacceptable, and many believe Conte could have avoided such epic failures, even if it still didn't mean we got past Bayern, with some sound tactical choices.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Indeed, people expecting us to get past every thing in the first year in CHL, After many years.

Just as I said on the match thread, we should look at those guys. They were last place on their group last year, and now they're on semifinals. We should aspire to the same, or maybe more. Experience is needed. And also a bit of luck. And a lot more of creativity. Someone who can change matches, someone who gives you a goal when you more need it.

We also need more confidense and hunger. Conte needs to study more and consider switch to 4-3-3 as much as I like 3-5-2.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What we need to do is be smart.

Last time we tried to add the finishing touches to an already good team, we spent 50 million € on 2 players & it set us back 2 years.

Exciting times ahead of us :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
exactly, the only fear here is a non-alignment of strategy between coach and mgmt, at the very least the intentions need to be spelled out without empty promises and/or and avalanche of platitudes

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

No, but I expect a good fight.

I know couple of years right after Calciopoli and under Ranieri with few individual class players only Juve dominated Madrid twice.

And I saw Malaga put a great fight and almost eliminate Dortmund and reach the semi's for the first time in their history.

A good fight wasn't there in both legs. There was no fight at all.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
we lack speed if we want to hit a team, lets say bayern, on the counter
we lack class if we want to hit them when they are defending..

if we want to be the countering italian team again, we need players who are extremely fast in countering (like how real madrid can get from their own goal to the other in 4 seconds)
if we want to outclass our opponents in the CL we need class... 5 more vidal kind of transfers would do (low cost allmost WC kind of players)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Suddenly the 433 is back in fashion?
Not suddenly, after every negative result.

- - - Updated - - -

That's B/S. As you say Giach, Isla and Giovinco could all play there, especially against the bottom teams. Even Giovinco could play behind the strikers in a 4312.
Giovinco is horrible in a central position, each time he played there he just got muscled off the ball.

You could try someone out of position at RWF for sure, at home to a small team, but it's no long-term strategy and isn't going to be deployed against a team like Bayern, so it's almost not worth bothering with.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Reduce the overdependancy on Pirlo.Get more creative players in(attack or in midfield) even if it means changing formation or the system.

May 22, 2007
To win in europe you need WC players, game changers, IMO we don't have any, Pirlo is past it.

We don't have any creative players that can make the difference and as soon as a team locked down Pirlo, our game stop flowing.
Regarding creative players, I agree. Or at least players that will provide more of an unpredictable side in attack. It seems like a few others agree with that too, which I'm glad to see, because Bayern demonstrated quite effectively what a top attacking set up looks like. For example, the attacking play where Robben laid the ball off for Ribéry to send in a dangerous cross after just 8 minutes was quite simple and opened up a great chance, Juve's width didn't really create anything in comparison? The best cross for Juve was from Pogba.

I think last season we saw a better attacking Juve, mostly because of Pepe providing an extra dimension, which led us to believe that a goalscorer was needed much more than anything else (which is still quite true). I've really started seeing thatthe team needs more attacking types of players this year. There isn't really an inventive player outside of Pirlo (and Mirko at times), all the attacking moves seem so rigid like they're practicing them over and over as a training exercise, collecting the ball back to goal and trying to flick it on to someone else to the side. Credit to Mirko for fighting against that pattern and moving the ball in different ways. Just the previous night I saw Isco, Götze and Reus all battling it out and I think they're exactly the type of player Juve is lacking.

Regarding the wingbacks, Lichtsteiner obviously adds a lot more than Isla/Padoin at this point, there's not really an issue with him. Asamoah and Peluso both struggled to do anything offensively. Maybe it's time to look for an alternative to this problem in the ability to switch formation more easily? Even when Pepe is injured.

It was so predictable that these sort of threads would pop up after the loss.

We live in the generation of the sugar-hit, zero patience and "I want it all...now!" And it's sad that some still can't acknowledge the massive steps we've made since July 2011.

To answer this thread, we need strikes who score regularly and another creative CM to eventually replace Pirlo.
So far I think this is the only new thread that has popped up, and it was intended to discuss what would take Juve to the next step in it's development after seeing it against a top tier club in world football for the first time.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
are there any players who could play on allmost every position? (like LM LW LB or something like that?) having some of those could solve our formation problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)