What's missing... ?? (6 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Soooo tempted. It's not like this wasn't expected and it's being discussed nowhere else.
It was so predictable that these sort of threads would pop up after the loss.

We live in the generation of the sugar-hit, zero patience and "I want it all...now!" And it's sad that some still can't acknowledge the massive steps we've made since July 2011.

To answer this thread, we need strikes who score regularly and another creative CM to eventually replace Pirlo.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
We just needed a good spanking. I hope our players can grow and learn from this experience. It was a good CL run for our team, almost all of the squad is inexperienced in CL.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
THIS.

we need this kind of investment, to hell with all that padoins anelka bench players, I'd rather play primavera LB/LWB to 'compliment' suarez-isco-llorente attack line than accumulating all those average bench and/or out of position starting xi like asamoah

2nd most important thing is to have tactical flexibility

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
3 Key things:

1. Experience. Conte included.
2. More quality.
3. A transfer director that can sign us a top foward like Suarez. Marotta is probably not that man.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
People are going to over exaggerate. We lack experience, a world class striker and some handy depth that will allow us some flexibility tactically.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
This will be a great learning experience for him and the players though.

We're under no illusions now as to what is expected to be a true force in Europe again. If Conte is a smart manager (and if he has smart players) we will make the necessary changes to the squad when need be and approach games in the right fashion in future.

Personally, I reckon we should go for the most realistic of the SS options a d try sign Sanchez.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Probably better than Anelka and Bendtner, yeah.

But the Suarez, Agueros and Falcaos of this world are clearly out of our reach. For a variety of reasons.
If we could get Suarez for 40m, we should do it since we usually spend that much or more and we need a player like him bad. But instead Marotta will probably just spread it on Diamanti, Astori, Immobile etc.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We need what we needed since Marotta joined us.
A Licht class LB, a Chiellini class CB and a Trezequet class finisher.
We need less Padoins and Pelusos and more Vidals.
Unfortunately, as long as we have Marotta, we wont improve from here, we have reached his cap for some reason
and if we dont upgrade this will be our cap as well.
Its a shame that our coach and many of our players could have achieved so much more if it wasnt for this cap.
This transfer season was more or less a waste, apart from the great addition of Pogba.
We did not improve our team were it mattered though and yesterday we have paid the price of those mistakes.
Unfortunately we learn little from our mistakes and are bound to repeat them again and again...

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
We need Luis Suarez to partner Llroente and a Left back who can attack.. Conte really need to learn from all this, and have a backup plan when 3-5-2 does not do well.. I remember when we used 4-3-3 against Inter last season and it sucked and he changed to 3-5-2 after the break and all of a sudden we were deadly.
I wish Conte to do that again when the 3-5-2 is not working. either with 4-3-3 or any other formation.

But first, we need Luis Suarez!!!

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Veratti, Suarez/Jovetic/Sanchez, two attacking wing backs.

Or maybe it was just our game plan and formation that made us so predictable in attack.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
We don't need to change the formation. The problem is that we don't have the right personnel for it, and ironically that is the reason Conte says why he won't revert back to 4-3-3. You can't play a formation which solely depends on your wingbacks who can't put in a decent cross or dribble an opponent if their lives depended on it. Also, as much as we all love Pirlo, we need someone who can replace him next year. He can still cut it in Serie A, but Europe is better. Finally, Marotta needs to spend big in attack and starts to remove the crap we have upfront.

The team is still learning, yeah, but these last 2 performances have been abysmal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)