What's missing... ?? (5 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So many 4-3-3 supporters here these days :D and to think just a few months ago there were just a few of us including Hustini, W and myself of course.

Imo we're missing quality in attack and more aggressive approach especially in big games. 3-5-2 is not about having possession and pressing but rather on neutralizing opponent's force. I never liked 3-5-2 because we played better football with the 4-3-3. We kept the ball better were more aggressive pressed opponents which works very well in big games. We already saw what happens if you give possession away to a team like Bayern. We won't conquer Europe with this passive approach. Inter showed it's enough to play with 3 forwards to make us big troubles. Milan used it to.

We certainly don't need revolution but we should go back to possession football we played in 2011 - 2012. We have a strong squad, with good rotation options for this fomation. We finally got a real CF in Llorente who's used to playing in 4-3-3. Vucinic and Giovinco should play on the left wing as they both are more wingers than SS/CF like we used them this season. For the right wing I'd go for Sanchez who's an upgrade over Pepe, that's for sure. Asamoah goes back to playing as CM, to rotate with Marchisio. Lichtsteiner finally would play his normal position with support from Sanchez/Pepe it would lookd very good. We have 3 classy CBs and we should rotate them. Barzagli isn't getting any younger and Chiellini is injured a lot this season. Imo we should always play Bonucci with one of Barzagli - Chiellini just like BVB does with Hummels. Bonucci is able to play a lot of games, he's barely injured and his ball skills will be needed.

Buffon/Storari
Licht/Caceres - Barzagli/Bonucci - Chiellini/Bonucci - Peluso/DC
Vidal/Pogba/Isla - Pirlo/Pogba/Marrone - Marchisio/Asamoah
Sanchez/Pepe - Llorente/* - Vucinic/Giovinco

* - I'd like us to get some young CF with potential who could become our star forward in future. If we can't afford big names, we need to create them ourselves. Mari and Quag are likable and no that bad but they rather won't improve anymore. If we're to keep one of the two I'd choose Quag.

runner0xff

Feb 15, 2013
So many 4-3-3 supporters here these days :D and to think just a few months ago there were just a few of us including Hustini, W and myself of course.
3-5-2 is not about having possession and pressing but rather on neutralizing opponent's force. I never liked 3-5-2 because we played better football with the 4-3-3. We kept the ball better were more aggressive pressed opponents which works very well in big games. We already saw what happens if you give possession away to a team like Bayern. We won't conquer Europe with this passive approach. Inter showed it's enough to play with 3 forwards to make us big troubles. Milan used it to.
We certainly don't need revolution but we should go back to possession football we played in 2011 - 2012. We have a strong squad, with good rotation options for this fomation.
Dude, you're awesome =) This is probably the best post i've read in a couple of days.

What upsets me a lot is the fact that it was obvious that 3-5-2 is not gonna work against 4-2-3-1 since our "lucky" draw with shakhtar. Match in Donetck was not so important for ukrainians as they were already in play off so they dumped the game. Conte knew it and he didnt take any changes before bayern???. Hope he had some serious reasons behind his decision because otherwise i don't know what to think about our glorious manager :)

By the way i'd keep Matri as a backup for Llorente and got rid of Quag coz he can't play on the wing whole season and he is not a CF. It would save us some money. Moreover I think there is no need to buy Peluso. Chiel is not a left back but he can play at this position. He did in the past. So our back 3 can be easily transformed to back 4 with adding Licht on the right :) - you have to note this will also give us some fantastic flexibility coz with Asamoah in the line up as a CM 4-3-3 can be transformed to 3-4-3 whith no subs just with pushing Licht upfront!!!

I am not a great tactic analyst so please don't judge me too much :)

As for CB backup maybe just returning from loan Alberto Masi would be enough? Or recruiting some free player like Diakite - saved money again. So we only have to invest in right winger. Of course all those ideas apply in the case we will switch to 4-3-3

I desperately hope it will happen :)

am0110

Jun 5, 2005

Imo we're missing quality in attack and more aggressive approach especially in big games. 3-5-2 is not about having possession and pressing but rather on neutralizing opponent's force. I never liked 3-5-2 because we played better football with the 4-3-3. We kept the ball better were more aggressive pressed opponents which works very well in big games. We already saw what happens if you give possession away to a team like Bayern. We won't conquer Europe with this passive approach. Inter showed it's enough to play with 3 forwards to make us big troubles. Milan used it to.

We certainly don't need revolution but we should go back to possession football we played in 2011 - 2012. We have a strong squad, with good rotation options for this fomation. We finally got a real CF in Llorente who's used to playing in 4-3-3. Vucinic and Giovinco should play on the left wing as they both are more wingers than SS/CF like we used them this season. For the right wing I'd go for Sanchez who's an upgrade over Pepe, that's for sure. Asamoah goes back to playing as CM, to rotate with Marchisio. Lichtsteiner finally would play his normal position with support from Sanchez/Pepe it would lookd very good. We have 3 classy CBs and we should rotate them. Barzagli isn't getting any younger and Chiellini is injured a lot this season. Imo we should always play Bonucci with one of Barzagli - Chiellini just like BVB does with Hummels. Bonucci is able to play a lot of games, he's barely injured and his ball skills will be needed.

Buffon/Storari
Licht/Caceres - Barzagli/Bonucci - Chiellini/Bonucci - Peluso/DC
Vidal/Pogba/Isla - Pirlo/Pogba/Marrone - Marchisio/Asamoah
Sanchez/Pepe - Llorente/* - Vucinic/Giovinco

* - I'd like us to get some young CF with potential who could become our star forward in future. If we can't afford big names, we need to create them ourselves. Mari and Quag are likable and no that bad but they rather won't improve anymore. If we're to keep one of the two I'd choose Quag.

Great post.:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)