Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (45 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sure

25th Hour
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead
Assault on Precinct 13
Doubt
American History X
Catch Me If You Can
American Psycho
The Usual Suspects
In the Name of the Father
Lord of War

I'm sure you've watched most of them, but there are probably a few of those you've missed out on.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thirst

Very interesting and awkwardly disturbing Korean movie. Unique depiction of vampires, lets just say the director Chan Wook Park decided to tarnish the lovely dovely female fantasy of humans - Vampire romances, hehe.

Book of Eli

Cool apocalyptic world/setting. The premise was interesting, and bit unexpected for me.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
lol yeah the unexpected part was convulated, but I liked the post armageddon world.

Regarding Thirst, that female actress was so fucking amazing. I mean, the difference between her innoccent version in the first half to later? Jeez.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The book of Eli was great. I really like the post nuclear apocalypse setting and the twist didn't bother me although parts of it were revealed to early.

I don't always like DZ movies but he was solid here.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Hmm, as amazing as it sounds, I'm not sure if I'm going to bother with that one :D
But do tell us what you thought of it.

Anyway,

The Social Network - Excellent movie. Who would have thought that a movie about creating an Internet application could be so thrilling & fun(ny). Fincher has done it again.

Choke - Meh, not good. Can't say it's badly made or acted, it just never engages.

A Serious Man - Considering this is a Coen brothers flick, I expected a bit more. It's a lot better than their 2 crap ones (Intolerable Cruelty & The Ladykillers), but it's nowhere near as good as most of their work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)