Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (46 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Yeah, I've read some "interesting" stuff about that one. I'll probably watch that sooner or later, purely out of curiosity.

I don't mind shocking movies, but there needs to be some substance besides that. Something Antichrist lacked imo.
With hindsight, I never would have watched that movie. And not a lot of substance in it.
icεmαή;2765452 said:
The A-Team - The cheesiest movie I have seen in quite some time. Its like they took all the cliche's ever to hit the screen and put them together in one movie.
Yeah, but it was still awesome. It doesn't take itself seriously and pulls it off. Top notch action flick, just like Expendables.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

ĵџvє_вãвγ;2765458 said:
Liam Neeson was very good as Hannibal Smith:beer:, i didnt think he would fit that role!..***..
Yeah, he was awesome. :D

But really all of the characters were well casted.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Yeah, but it was still awesome. It doesn't take itself seriously and pulls it off. Top notch action flick, just like Expendables.
Oh yeah, it was awesome alright. Enjoyed it even though it was a bit too long. I'll have to download Expendables next.

"But she's D.o.D" "I don't care if she's G.O.D." :lol2:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

icεmαή;2765465 said:
Oh yeah, it was awesome alright. Enjoyed it even though it was a bit too long. I'll have to download Expendables next.

"But she's D.o.D" "I don't care if she's G.O.D." :lol2:
Do it, Expendables is also very good. Just as much over the top, only less humorous and more macho. But still awesome for what it's meant to be.

A-Team has one of the most amazing opening sequences ever. It's so kick-ass, it almost makes me wish I was a yank. :D

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
If you want artsy horror, that is truly shocking, then watch "Serbian Film". That is the most disgusting, degrading piece of film I have ever seen. Had I known half of the shit that was shown in there, I never would have seen it. The director, writer should be institutionalized.
Yeah, I've heard it's the biggest piece of shit ever :lol:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
It really was a snore fest.
I thought it was extremely boring.
I still consider Fight Club his best work ever with Se7en as close second. Zodiac was not my kind of movie, simply put.
:tup: thank god it wasn't just me

oh and Fight Club is an abolutely awesome movie

@Vlatko-the Expendables was poor,if you like it then watch Machete,much better anfd funny as hell to boot

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
icεmαή;2765452 said:
The A-Team - The cheesiest movie I have seen in quite some time. Its like they took all the cliche's ever to hit the screen and put them together in one movie.
Lighten up, the movie was really funny and entertaining in a toungue in cheeck way. I thought it would suck, but one of the more enjoyable action movies I seen lately. Extremely good chemistry between that cast.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
The Other Guys

I don't understand how some people hated it. I was in tears. Will Ferrell is a comical genius!

The hobos doing a soup kitchen in the prius.:lol:

The wooden gun, the granny delivering raunchy messages & the ex gf with the husband chasing after the car.

Come back & make love to my wife.:lol2:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Lol, that little girl was epic, wasnt she? :D
I really enjoyed it. None of the typical super hero cliches. The best was him getting stabbed confronting the thugs & the little dance in Red Mist's car.:D

I love Mindy, her character was amazing.:heart:
yeah :D the movie really catches you off guard, but i still cant figure out how all the violence fits in

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Fight Club is great until the underground army theme comes in, from there on it's all downhill IMO.
then i am sorry to say you don't understand the theme of the movie.
forget the "army" it is all about the dissatisfaction of modern day consumerist american males,how mind numbingly repetitive their lives are and their constant striving to "better" themselves with products advertisers tell them they need to improve their lives.

and punching people,obviously

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
then i am sorry to say you don't understand the theme of the movie.
forget the "army" it is all about the dissatisfaction of modern day consumerist american males,how mind numbingly repetitive their lives are and their constant striving to "better" themselves with products advertisers tell them they need to improve their lives.

and punching people,obviously
you can still get that theme, even though its just one of many, and not like the terrorist spin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)