Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (90 Viewers)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Depends on which one is more of a real threat in your mind. If you believe in the paranormal you will be more scared than someone who doesn't believe in the paranormal.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
"Fallen". Trashy.
In a good way, right?

Depends on which one is more of a real threat in your mind. If you believe in the paranormal you will be more scared than someone who doesn't believe in the paranormal.
I do not believe in the paranormal, yet I thought it was a pretty efficient movie. Probably has a lot to do with the circumstances in which you watch it & your ability to "immerse" yourself in a story.

Creature from the Black Lagoon - As much as I tend to enjoy 50's sci-fi, this wasn't all that great. Not that it was bad, but for some reason I couldn't really get into it. Maybe my expectations were a bit high. The monster was nicely done though.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Some recent (I guess that's what you're looking for) horror flicks I enjoyed are:

- Rec (or the American remake named Quarantine, which was surprisingly well done).
- The Ruins: Typical, but very entertaining.
- Martyrs: Excellent (French) film.
- The Strangers: Seen it all before but some good moments.
- The Mist: Brilliant creature feature, but heavily influenced by old sci-fi so I guess you need to be into that stuff to really enjoy it.
- 28 Days Later: Zombies!
- The Hills Have Eyes (2006): Probably one of the best (horror) remakes ever.
- Severance: A must watch. Could be more comedy than horror though, depending on your point of view.
- Slither: Also more of a silly comedy. An acquired taste.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
He should try the Excorsism of Emily Rose.El Orphanato(the real Spanish version of Orphan) Omen 666 is ok too.
The grudge was as funny as Child's play is.
that f***** was shit scary specially that stable scene and the scene leading to it where really messed up. i remember watching it with my best friend in the cinema at 3 am and i told him i've seen some scary movies this scene takes the cake. oh and please her boy friend was perfectly cool when he woke up to find her having a seizure on the ground next to the bed?!?!?! i mean come on half of us here would open the door and ditch the chick!! i know i would run soo fast i would'nt look back :D

personally i can deal with horror movies no problems but when it comes to spirits and stuff like that i tend to curl up a bit.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
that f***** was shit scary specially that stable scene and the scene leading to it where really messed up. i remember watching it with my best friend in the cinema at 3 am and i told him i've seen some scary movies this scene takes the cake. oh and please her boy friend was perfectly cool when he woke up to find her having a seizure on the ground next to the bed?!?!?! i mean come on half of us here would open the door and ditch the chick!! i know i would run soo fast i would'nt look back :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMOEe2Gn2Ak

personally i can deal with horror movies no problems but when it comes to spirits and stuff like that i tend to curl up a bit.
So true!:lol: The movie itself wasn't that grand but it had its moments. Her body & face really creeped me out though, i won't lie.:D

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
So true!:lol: The movie itself wasn't that grand but it had its moments. Her body & face really creeped me out though, i won't lie.:D

:lol: Jennifer Carpenter did an amazing job playing this scene to be honest. apart from her body and face they made it sink into yr head before the shit un-folded that it was based on a true story:D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
:lol: Jennifer Carpenter did an amazing job playing this scene to be honest. apart from her body and face they made it sink into yr head before the shit un-folded that it was based on a true story:D
I know.

Movies that give me the creeps are the voodoo ones. You should watch the serpent and the rainbow. Take a hot girl with you, she definitely will grab onto you & she won't leave. It's like witnessing an accident, it's sick but you can't help but look.:D

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I know.

Movies that give me the creeps are the voodoo ones. You should watch the serpent and the rainbow. Take a hot girl with you, she definitely will grab onto you & she won't leave. It's like witnessing an accident, it's sick but you can't help but look.:D
true story right here B i watched exorcism of emily rose with a chick who went to uni with me and considering it was my second viewing i was quite stable that time so i actually enjoyed the fact she was sitting next to me clinging to my arm for her dear life :D and what made it even more awesome ( realized that 3 years later on) was the fact i watched it behind my ex bec my best friend who had a thing for her ditched us to watch some wimpy comedy instead and she opted to watch that flick so i went with her :D

vodoo, and spirts are two genres i dont really feel comfortable watching let a lone discussing at length so if i ever watch that movie with a chick i will be clinging to her for dear life, goes with out saying which body part i will be clinging too though :eyebrows: :xmas: oh and guys who think i'm a chick BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Nobody would call you a girl or else half the forum would try to meet up with you.Sissy is the term that comes to mind.:D

I dare you to watch that movie, it's not great by any means but if you found eer scary you'll enjoy this one.:D

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Nobody would call you a girl or else half the forum would try to meet up with you.Sissy is the term that comes to mind.:D

I dare you to watch that movie, it's not great by any means but if you found eer scary you'll enjoy this one.:D
:D will find if i can download it and see whats all thr fuss is about :p:D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Don't worry Ahmed, i'm a sucker for flicks with dogs, not the ones that look like rats though.

I hate seeing dogs being hurt, so im a sissy in that respect.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 90)