Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (28 Viewers)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I have Inception, Death at a funeral(loved it!), Cop Out, The Other Guys, The Book of Eli & Brooklyns Finest.

Haven't seen the other five yet & what do you think of those?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
F you. :D

But seriously, it was slow paced, shitty hand-hel camera work, incredibly annoying characters, most of all Anne's and that guy who played Rachel's husband. And to top it off, some incredible dull periods like that rehearsal dinner which lasted like 20 minutes and after that the weeding scene which lasted like 10 minutes with nothing happening. Ah, it was really painful. The story had potential but the execution was incredibly poor IMO.

Buck, this was the worst movie you ever approved. And that included Mega Shark and Giant Octopus. :p
Hey, I don't think I ever approved of that Mega Shark & Giant Octopus movie! Even if I did laugh a few times :shifty:

Anyways, if you think Rachel Getting Married is the poorest movie ever, do stay away of a certain masterpiece called "Run! Bitch Run".
The title really made me want to watch that one, as I expected a fun, tongue in cheek slasher. Well, it wasn't fun, the plot was missing & I think I'm a better actor than the ones in this thing.
I even fast forwarded about half the time. And trust me, I never do that...

Saw some other movies as well: Dan In Real Life (quite good), The Siege (still entertaining), Wolfman (utter crap), Cabin Fever 2 (meh, expected worse), I Love You Beth Cooper (okay-ish).

B & V, give me some good movies that have come out this year.
I'm usually a bit behind, so I haven't seen that much of the latest releases. But there are the usual mentions such as Inception or Kick-Ass.
Some "older" ones I would recommend: 500 Days of Summer, In The Loop, The Damned United, State Of Play, Adventureland, ...

Depends what you're into, I guess.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Everything except chick flicks, musicals & romance.
And you decided to ask B and V? :D
I have Inception, Death at a funeral(loved it!), Cop Out, The Other Guys, The Book of Eli & Brooklyns Finest.

Haven't seen the other five yet & what do you think of those?
Everyone's wanking off to Inception but I haven't seen it yet.

I only saw Cop Out(OK action comedy), Book Of Eli(pretty good action/fantasy flick) and Brooklyn's Finest(OK crime/thriller).
Bucky said:
Anyways, if you think Rachel Getting Married is the poorest movie ever, do stay away of a certain masterpiece called "Run! Bitch Run".
The title really made me want to watch that one, as I expected a fun, tongue in cheek slasher. Well, it wasn't fun, the plot was missing & I think I'm a better actor than the ones in this thing.
I even fast forwarded about half the time. And trust me, I never do that...

Saw some other movies as well: Dan In Real Life (quite good), The Siege (still entertaining), Wolfman (utter crap), Cabin Fever 2 (meh, expected worse), I Love You Beth Cooper (okay-ish).
I'll stay away from that then. I don't think I've ever fast-forwarded a movie, I always believe somehow it will turn out for the better. Sometimes, just the last two minutes can save a whole film.

Dan In Real Life was good, I recommended you that a while ago. The Siege I haven't seen in a while. Wolfman was indeed crap. Will check out the Beth Cooper one.

Watch Leap Year, it was OK.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

@Fatty, thanks i'll have a look at those suggestions.

@V, do you two love chick flicks & romance movies?:D Also where are your suggestions?
Yeah, I enjoy an occasional chick-flick. :D

Hmm...I'll try, but I watch so many movies, if they're not special I tend to forget them easily. :D Off the top of my head try these somewhat newer flicks;

- Unthinkable (fucked up thriller, very good)
- The Experiment (again little fucked up, thriller/drama, not bad)
- A Team (no nonsense blockbuster action flick, just fun movie)
- Crossing Over (solid drama about immigrants)
- Pandorum (a good sci/fi thriller/horror)
- Lovely Bones (good thriller/drama)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

It's a good thing. If i watch a movie with my sisters i don't want them seeing a stupid grin on my face if there are any boobs.:D

I better not regret it.:D
It might not be a good thing to watch that film with little sisters. :shifty:

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
They've seen many horrors like the exorcism of emily rose, saw series & some others. The best is when i scream & they scream for no reason too.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)