Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (64 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Looper :sergio:

Way to fucking ruin one of the coolest themes ever; time travel, whether one can change the past or not.

The people who made this movie should be fucking ashamed of themselves!!

And fuck all people who voted this piece of crap up to 7.7 at IMDB, trolling me into renting it!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Dude, I'm a huge sci-fi buff. I watch Blade Runner several times a year, naked, with candlelights lit.

This movie is garbage.

Wanna see a great Time Travel movie? Check out 12 Monkeys.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Jem, lemme know why you didn't like Looper. I also thought it was flawed (still thought it was coo tho).
1) the acting (Willis' acting was up to standard, but the rest: jesus christ...)

2) they didn't pursue the more interesting questions enough, and thus there were too many holes in the plot (particularly in connection to the "rain maker"; there's just so much left unexplained)

4) Jeff Daniels playing evil :rofl:

5) with a great theme like this, there's just no reason why 1 hour of the movie should take place on a farm (the most exciting thing that happens is the kid shouting a hole in a visiting Looper)

I'm sure I could go on....

Overall, just an unimaginative script, not impressed with the screenplay nor the acting. I'm a huge fan of this theme, and I just thought everything about this movie was a huge letdown. Maybe my hopes for it were too high.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
1) the acting (Willis' acting was up to standard, but the rest: jesus christ...)

2) they didn't pursue the more interesting questions enough, and thus there were too many holes in the plot (particularly in connection to the "rain maker"; there's just so much left unexplained)

4) Jeff Daniels playing evil :rofl:

5) with a great theme like this, there's just no reason why 1 hour of the movie should take place on a farm (the most exciting thing that happens is the kid shouting a hole in a visiting Looper)

I'm sure I could go on....

Overall, just an unimaginative script, not impressed with the screenplay nor the acting. I'm a huge fan of this theme, and I just thought everything about this movie was a huge letdown. Maybe my hopes for it were too high.

maybe(most likely) you just didnt get it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 61)