Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (111 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
1) Reservoir Dogs
2) Pulp Fiction
3) Jackie Brown
4) the QT bit from Four Rooms
4) Kill Bill ( the entire thing )
5) Inglorious Basterds
6) Death Proof
7) Django Unchained

That's how I line them up.
Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds for me. Not a fan of Tarantino's though.

Anyone here watched The Master?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds for me. Not a fan of Tarantino's though.

Anyone here watched The Master?
Basterds really didn't hit it off with me - the characters were way too shallow for my liking.

Looking forward to watching The Master though, huge fan of Seymour Hoffman.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
YES! I'm also a fan of Paul Thomas Anderson's works.

@Gustav ;)
It's just strange that Hoffman doesn't get that many lead roles. Especially when you consider the fact that he outshines virtually everyone else in the movies where he has a marginal character to play.

What do you think of Magnolia? People keep recommending it to me, might be time to check it out.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It's just strange that Hoffman doesn't get that many lead roles. Especially when you consider the fact that he outshines virtually everyone else in the movies where he has a marginal character to play.

What do you think of Magnolia? People keep recommending it to me, might be time to check it out.
Could be his looks/physique. His performance as Truman Capote is one of the most memorable acts I have ever seen.

As for Magnolia, I don't know if you'll like it but I can say for sure that Martin won't [:p]. Watch it ;)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Could be his looks/physique. His performance as Truman Capote is one of the most memorable acts I have ever seen.

As for Magnolia, I don't know if you'll like it but I can say for sure that Martin won't [:p]. Watch it ;)
Haven't watched Capote - ooh, looks exciting :D .

I know it wasn't the greatest of movies, but Seymour Hoffman was hilarious in Charlie Wilson's War :lol:

Jul 10, 2006
All actors have those bloopers. Travolta is far from the hollywood guy you should be singling out for shit :D
He also produced that piece of shit and was teh driving force behind its creation because he's a whacked out scientologist. :)

Seriously, Battlefield Earth is one of the worst movies ever made. It has a 2.4 rating on IMDB. I'll never forgive him for that.

Pulp Fiction, Saturday Night Fever and Get Shorty aren't enough to overcome it.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He also produced that piece of shit and was teh driving force behind its creation because he's a whacked out scientologist. :)

Seriously, Battlefield Earth is one of the worst movies ever made. It has a 2.4 rating on IMDB. I'll never forgive him for that.

Pulp Fiction, Saturday Night Fever and Get Shorty aren't enough to overcome it.
Plus he's a uber Scientologist. Can't respect that. It's the reason he did Battlefield Earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Basterds really didn't hit it off with me - the characters were way too shallow for my liking.

Looking forward to watching The Master though, huge fan of Seymour Hoffman.
Let me know when you finish it. I still haven't completely processed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4054583 said:
:sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

why
It's a more difficult story to get done right. The acting is great, directing apparent, it pretty much checks all the boxes. Pulp Fiction is good to, but from a cinematic point of view RD is just the better film.

If you haven't seen it, then you NEED to see it.:D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Tom Cruise for all his hollywood star formulaic work over ze decades, has by far proven he is a better actor then that overacting flamboyant clown that is John Travolta. Cruise has shown his acting chops in several dramatic roles besides the typical "star" roles he usually does. In overall a solid actor, not something I would say about Travolta, outside of musicals, and unserious roles that isnt hindered by ze overacting, he comes short for sure. Plus both are Scientologists, so he cant even be better then Tom in his main batshit crazy flaw.

Jul 10, 2006
It's a more difficult story to get done right. The acting is great, directing apparent, it pretty much checks all the boxes. Pulp Fiction is good to, but from a cinematic point of view RD is just the better film.

If you haven't seen it, then you NEED to see it.:D
What he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Cruise was fantastic in Tropic Thunder, Rain Man, Born on the Fourth of July, The Color of Money, Minority Report, Ghost Protocol, Risky Business.... Travolta isn't fit to carry Cruise's jockstrap.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
YES! I'm also a fan of Paul Thomas Anderson's works.

@Gustav ;)
Im huge PT Anderson fan... Magnolia and Boogie nights are amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

What he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Cruise was fantastic in Tropic Thunder, Rain Man, Born on the Fourth of July, The Color of Money, Minority Report, Ghost Protocol, Risky Business.... Travolta isn't fit to carry Cruise's jockstrap.
Cruises best performance for me was in Magnolia i also liked him in Vanilla Sky he really is miles ahead of Travolta... Travolta cannot be taken serious in any role, i like him just as i like Sly or Arnie. he is cheese... but good cheese :)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Good to see some reason :tup: I have heard too many terrible actors said to be better then Cruise in last few years, just because they can't stand Cruise the crazed celebrity.

P. S Vinny, you forgot Collateral.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)