Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (101 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Exciting news from Mr Bongo Films... Wojciech Jerzy Has' two masterpieces are getting a restoration and blu-ray release.

If you haven't seen these films, they are two of the most incredible ever made. Both would probably make my top 10 of all time. Has is a brilliant director, and Cybulski and Nowicki as the leads in the respective films, put in masterful performances.

:snoop:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
PI :heart:

--

I watched Il conformista. It's really hard to believe how old is it and how amazing cinematography was, it was absolutely brilliant. Other than that, I think it was good, but not great.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's about fascism?

edit: doh I read that book back in 2011.

So the movie is good?
Considering it got 100 from RT and 100 on Metascore I'd say the movie is very overrated :D Tbh I only enjoyed the cinematography as the camera shots were brilliant, especially for a movie which is 45 years old. I also wanted to watch cause it's Italian lol. Otherwise not my thing really.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Considering it got 100 from RT and 100 on Metascore I'd say the movie is very overrated :D Tbh I only enjoyed the cinematography as the camera shots were brilliant, especially for a movie which is 45 years old. I also wanted to watch cause it's Italian lol. Otherwise not my thing really.
Fascism is not your thing? I'm disappointed. :stuckup:

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you need to stop those stupid Metacritic comparisons. :p

- - - Updated - - -

PostIronic pulled a Badass. :lol:

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Just watched Fury Road. Action-packed with a level of insanity you'd expect from a Mad Max movie. Pretty good modernized take of the series. :tup:

The only thing that bothered me is that i thought the world, the wasteland could have been better explored. But then it'd be a 6 hour long movie. Maybe a TV series would do it justice.

- - - Updated - - -

Exciting news from Mr Bongo Films... Wojciech Jerzy Has' two masterpieces are getting a restoration and blu-ray release.

If you haven't seen these films, they are two of the most incredible ever made. Both would probably make my top 10 of all time. Has is a brilliant director, and Cybulski and Nowicki as the leads in the respective films, put in masterful performances.

:snoop:
Our hipster's back :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Now do us a fucking favor and change your name back to PostIronic.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Our hipster's back :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Now do us a $#@!ing favor and change your name back to PostIronic.
I've been watching a bunch of 70s and 80s sci-fi stuff lately.

Have you seen any of Piotr Szulkin's films? This one is great. O-Bi O-Ba - The End of Civilization

[video=vimeo;55954765]https://vimeo.com/55954765[/video]

His film Ga Ga - Chwala Bohaterom is quite good also.

Nikos Nikolaidis' Morning Patrol is an excellent one too.

Rainer Werner Fassbinder's 1973 tv film World on a Wire is another good one...

It's definitely one of the best sci-fi films I have ever seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)