[International Friendly] Italy-Brazil (02/10/09) (20 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No, its not huge, he is better then Adriano and Luis Fabiano, and Pato is somehow disliked by Dunga. So primapunta position is open, if takes his chance really well.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
No, its not huge, he is better then Adriano and Luis Fabiano, and Pato is somehow disliked by Dunga. So primapunta position is open, if takes his chance really well.
i dont know, the tactics. i just dont see him settle in with the "midgets" :D

And although he is better....if Adriano gets his act together, he sure can be good as well.

Oh and R9 wants to have his last laugh....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Play this team and everything will turn out like sunshine.

Buffon

Motta - Legro - Chiellini - Molinaro

Gattuso - Camoranesi - De Rossi

Totti​

Amauri - Del Piero​

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
the tactics? They play with a prima punta, and Adriano is just average, and Luis Fabiano is good scorer, but not as good as Amauri overall as a player.

Amauri would fit in well with them, because he can do more then the prima punta role.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
1- Donadoni insisted on playing his 4-3-3 since he took over till the day he was fired.
He should have been more flexible, at least during matches, i agree. He could have changed the formation, depending on the opponent.

But now we see Lippi doing the same.

Italy-Brazil 4-3-3 (Pepe-Gilardino-Di Natale)
Italy-Montenegro 4-3-3 (Pepe-Gilardino-Di Natele)
Italy-Bulgaria 4-3-3 (Pepe-Gilardino-Di Natale)
Italy-Georgia 4-3-3 (Camoranesi-Toni-Di Natale)
Italy-Cyprus 4-3-3 (Di Natale-Toni-Gilardino) :rolleyes:

Lippi also insists on playing 4-3-3 since he took over up until today.

2- Donadoni had the dumbest tactics and formations.
Lippi plays the same tactics and formations.

3- Lippi is world cup winner therefore no one can really question him up till now. This was his first defeat. Hence the record he broke.
No-one's doubting that Lippi is great. Imo, the greatest coach today. I'm not questioning him at all. I'm actually agreeing with what he's doing.
But it's an undeniable fact that he's doing 100% the same Donadoni was doing.

4- Lippi will surely drop Cassano, but Del Piero, Totti? and many others will probably make it back.
Totti retired from international football and of course i'm not blaming Donadoni or Lippi for not playing him.
But Cassano and Del Piero?
Donadoni called them at the end. If Lippi does that, at least with DP, he'll again do exactly the same thing Donadoni did. Not play him in the qualifiers and then call him for the big tournament.

5- And Lippi didn't use this formation because that's the best he can get. It's a friendly game and if this is not the right time to try then there's never a right time.
Yes, but he's playing 4-3-3 on every single match, not only today.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
as much as i hate to say it but zambrotta was the best player out there, not saying much maybe but his place in the NT is undeniable.
The first half he showed some real weaknesses (like the fish flop on Robinho's goal, getting spanked in a wannabe offside trap call, etc.). The second half, his defense and possession really stepped up something major.

But as someone else mentioned, the entire match he looked like he was getting his crossing lessons from Molinaro. Hence why I would probably give Rossi as Italy's best performer on the night: great dribbling skills at his feet, some smart crossing and use of lanes, etc.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He should have been more flexible, at least during matches, i agree. He could have changed the formation, depending on the opponent.

But now we see Lippi doing the same.

Italy-Brazil 4-3-3 (Pepe-Gilardino-Di Natale)
Italy-Montenegro 4-3-3 (Pepe-Gilardino-Di Natele)
Italy-Bulgaria 4-3-3 (Pepe-Gilardino-Di Natale)
Italy-Georgia 4-3-3 (Camoranesi-Toni-Di Natale)
Italy-Cyprus 4-3-3 (Di Natale-Toni-Gilardino) :rolleyes:

Lippi also insists on playing 4-3-3 since he took over up until today.
Lippi switches his tactics between the halves. Something Donadoni wasn't doing.

Vs Bulgaria I remember he changed into 4-4-2 right after he figured out that 4-3-3 isn't stopping Bulgaria's midfielders.

Vs Montenegro... also everything changed once Toni entered the second half to replace Gila. Toni was playing like the upfront striker with Di Natale and Pepe?? supporting him from behind.

Donadoni never changed his tactics, never. Whether the team is doing good bad terrible he sticks with the formation and ignore his oppositions plans and tactics. That's why he's a failure if you ask me.

Also, before the WC 06, Lippi was playing formations during the friendly and qualification matches, but right when the WC started he was changing his plans right from his first Ghana match.

Totti retired from international football and of course i'm not blaming
Totti will return I believe. Lippi said that he will re-call Totti in the right time. And Totti admitted that he will return back only for Lippi. And looking at the past two matches, very likely he'll call him back in the summer IMO.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lippi switches his tactics between the halves. Something Donadoni wasn't doing.
No Rab, he doesn't. I just checked it. Only against Cyprus he switched from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2. On all the other matches he played 4-3-3 from min 1 till the last whistle.

Edit: Against Cyprus he switched from 4-3-3 to 4-3-1-2 actually, not to 4-4-2.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I would actually go with

Gigi

Zambrotta Canna Chiello Grosso

Pirlo/Aquilani De Rossi Perotta(Ambrosini)

Camo Rossi/floccari/gio

Toni/Amauri

players to come up the ranks soon: maggio, santon, criscito

did any of you see maggio play MC?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ambrosini? What rejuvenation :lol:

Pirlo should def consider retirement from NT. His been poor for Milan for a long time and its not happening for him anymore.
One of the last players to retire from the NT, of the older players. Still important. Thats for sure.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think Totti should stay out for the good of the team. Whenever the going gets rough, Totti has never done anything for Italy anyway. Time to move on.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
No Rab, he doesn't. I just checked it. Only against Cyprus he switched from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2. On all the other matches he played 4-3-3 from min 1 till the last whistle.
Don't know. I remember very well the Montenegro game and the Bulgaria game. The only two matches I've seen since Lippi took over. And of course the Brazil game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)