[International Friendly] Italy-Brazil (02/10/09) (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hehe, Juan and Marcelo are very good, and Lucio if he doesnt go suicidal is quite good too (with excellent backup options etc). So yeah, what weaknesses to have. Though they should find someone to take over Gilberto's spot for good.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I like this Brasil. They aren't just dancers with the ball, they're also tough. Maicon, Melo and Gilberto are doing the job that wasn't done in 2006. With Anderson soon to become a regular it will be even better.
They finally have a world class goalkeeper (not that Dida wasn't one, but it didn't last long with Dida), they have 4 amazing AMCs (Kaka, Dinho, Robinho, Diego) and they will have top attack if Dunga stops being an ass and starts playing Amauri and Pato more. Elano is also doing fantastic and perhaps the weakest part of the team are the 2 CBs and the LB.

With the way South Americans are winning every single world cup played outside Europe, it won't be silly to say that Brasil is #1 favorite to take the throne from Italy and win the WC next summer.
Lucio-Juan is ok.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hehe, Juan and Marcelo are very good, and Lucio if he doesnt go suicidal is quite good too (with excellent backup options etc). So yeah, what weaknesses to have. Though they should find someone to take over Gilberto's spot for good.
Exactly what i meant. Good players are the worst part of the team, so you can imagine the others.
Gilberto is still a very good and useful player. No wonder every Brasilian coach starts him. He's 32 and he's far from being old. I read that he's re-born in Panathinaicos and one of the main reasons why the Greeks are still playing CL football.
But yeah, soon they will have to look for someone else. I didn't follow ManUtd much. Can Anderson replace Silva?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Anderson should play CM NEXT to a ballwinning DM, but not be that himself. He is really an AM, box to box mid who has been brought down for his work ethic, but it would be using him wrong to make him even more of a hard worker.

sacrer

Nov 6, 2006
Looking at the game today, and seing how much better Italy played in the second half, I would say Lippi should make use of the confederation cup this year to start giving the young players some experience before WC 2010...
This could be a great opportunity, I would feild teams like this:

Buffon
Zambrotta, Chiellini, Santacroce, Grosso
. De Rossi Montolivio Aquilani
Camoranesi Rossi,
Toni (unless we can have Amauri)

with substitutions of players like: Giovinco, Marchisio..

That way by 2010 we have a team good enough to compete.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
With the way South Americans are winning every single world cup played outside Europe, it won't be silly to say that Brasil is #1 favorite to take the throne from Italy and win the WC next summer.
i would like to see brazil get raped by a ref while playing against south africa, just for south africa to lose the final against another crap team that just had luck all the time (germany anyone ?)

just to show how corrupt this fifa fuck-ups are... that would at least be a small reparation for that world cup 2002 shit

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008

Buffon
Camoranesi Rossi,

what big difference do you suggest?

apart from santacroce everybody that was fit was played exactly like your formation (perhaps not positionwise)

why do you actually rate aquilani ... he is the worst player you could take to a cup championship ... he will get killed in the first game and leave us with less options ... besides that you probably would have problems with these guys here, if you field him

because they think he is a ghost ^^

Jan 28, 2009
Looking at the game today, and seing how much better Italy played in the second half, I would say Lippi should make use of the confederation cup this year to start giving the young players some experience before WC 2010...

Buffon
Camoranesi Rossi,

These guys will most likely be in Sweden at the u-21 championship. Both tournaments run pretty much at the same time. The u-21s, unless given caps before the summer, will have to break into the team after the u-21 championship. It will be a good opportunity for the likes of Aquilani, Rossi, Montolivo (maybe Brighi/Floccari) though.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
utterly embarassing game....the only ones who can keep their heads held high are Zamby, Grosso, and Rossi

Canna is old, and Legro proved that he's not changed a bit on the field, only off (being a born-again Christian)

Montolivo, Gila, Pepe, and Di Natale should NEVER be called again....PERIOD !!

Pirlo tried to be a one man show out there, and it turned into a one-man comedy...he was about as bad as I've ever seen him

Toni's time is up....Vieri would even be a better selection right now

We got screwed out of a legit goal by Grosso, and the ref seemed to lick Brazil ass with all the bullshit calls, but no excuses here, we were worse than I've seen our Italy play in a long while (even compared to the DONEadoni days), and I knew there was trouble when i saw Lippi's selections for the team as well as the starting lineup. He's got lots of work to do, because we played like CHUMPions today, and not the world champs

Lippi blamed the fact that he only had 2 days with the team, but didnt the Brazilians have the same amount of time together ????

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I like this Brasil. They aren't just dancers with the ball, they're also tough. Maicon, Melo and Gilberto are doing the job that wasn't done in 2006. With Anderson soon to become a regular it will be even better.
They finally have a world class goalkeeper (not that Dida wasn't one, but it didn't last long with Dida), they have 4 amazing AMCs (Kaka, Dinho, Robinho, Diego) and they will have top attack if Dunga stops being an ass and starts playing Amauri and Pato more. Elano is also doing fantastic and perhaps the weakest part of the team are the 2 CBs and the LB.
thiago silva is a class definately. Watched 4 games for Fluminense last year and he was a top player. He's quick reaction and class reminds me of the young nesta in he's days with lazio (not as good but pretty close). Brazil CB's with thiago silva, breno (bayern's player), lucio and juan are definately a top defence.

Don't remember the last time i've seen brazil having a set of class defenders as they have right now (excluding the LB position)...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Buffon

Zambro/Motta - Santacroce - Chiellini - Grosso

Camoranesi - De Rossi - Totti/Aquilani - Balotelli/Giovinco

Amauri/Toni - DP

This team can win everyone but Brazil, Brazil is Brazil, consistently one of the top 3 teams in the world, with a great abundance of quality and out-of-this-world skills.
I m sorry for Amauri if he picks Brazil instead, he is wasting a life time opportunity...

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
utterly embarassing game....the only ones who can keep their heads held high are Zamby, Grosso, and Rossi

Canna is old, and Legro proved that he's not changed a bit on the field, only off (being a born-again Christian)

Montolivo, Gila, Pepe, and Di Natale should NEVER be called again....PERIOD !!

Pirlo tried to be a one man show out there, and it turned into a one-man comedy...he was about as bad as I've ever seen him

Toni's time is up....Vieri would even be a better selection right now

We got screwed out of a legit goal by Grosso, and the ref seemed to lick Brazil ass with all the bullshit calls, but no excuses here, we were worse than I've seen our Italy play in a long while (even compared to the DONEadoni days), and I knew there was trouble when i saw Lippi's selections for the team as well as the starting lineup. He's got lots of work to do, because we played like CHUMPions today, and not the world champs

Lippi blamed the fact that he only had 2 days with the team, but didnt the Brazilians have the same amount of time together ????
if that would had been an official match, italy would had 8 players on the field at the end of the match...i haven't seen so much fouls in 45 minutes..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
How and why is Motta making it into your line-ups?
One day he may easily become an azzurri starter, but why nobody considered him 10 days ago and now after he moved to Roma and played 1 single match there, he becomes a starter for the azzurri?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Mazzola blasts Lippi approach
Wednesday 11 February, 2009
Outspoken former Inter legend Sandro Mazzola has slammed Marcello Lippi for the way he managed last night's game against Brazil.

Italy were beaten 2-0 at the Emirates Stadium, ending the World Cup winning tactician's 31-game unbeaten run.

“The national side played the first half completely wrong last night,” Mazzone roared on Radio Kiss Kiss.

“After the Fabio Grosso goal was wrongly disallowed for offside we literally went haywire.

“From the off we had the wrong formation. Against Brazil you can't afford to have three attackers and Riccardo Montolivo in midfield.

“Brazil showed that they have something more in terms of possession play, but we were much better going forward once we switched to a four-man midfield - then we had the best opportunities.”

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Mazzola blasts Lippi approach
Wednesday 11 February, 2009
Outspoken former Inter legend Sandro Mazzola has slammed Marcello Lippi for the way he managed last night's game against Brazil.

Italy were beaten 2-0 at the Emirates Stadium, ending the World Cup winning tactician's 31-game unbeaten run.

“The national side played the first half completely wrong last night,” Mazzone roared on Radio Kiss Kiss.

“After the Fabio Grosso goal was wrongly disallowed for offside we literally went haywire.

“From the off we had the wrong formation. Against Brazil you can't afford to have three attackers and Riccardo Montolivo in midfield.

“Brazil showed that they have something more in terms of possession play, but we were much better going forward once we switched to a four-man midfield - then we had the best opportunities.”
Somehow I find it hard to take that name seriously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)