[International Friendly] Italy-Brazil (02/10/09) (1 Viewer)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Ambrosini? What rejuvenation :lol:

One of the last players to retire from the NT, of the older players. Still important. Thats for sure.
last players?

maybe italy should play the way that they wouldnt be dependent on a deep playmaker.

EDIT: never mind, misread.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Um, when was the last you saw Milan? His only good use is heading in goals, he is a liablity to them because he is SO SLOW, and he cant win balls except make fouls. but especially very slow, can hardly move to do squat.

Both Marchisio and Brighi will be called up before him. His NT career is over, thats for sure. He wasnt called when he was at his better days, he wont defenitely be called up now when he is lethargic and old.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i dont know why lippi is playing 4-3-3 when he fully saw donadoni fail with that formation...
i also dont know why he's not calling up cassano when he is clearly more useful than the other call ups.
it is the old ranieri-syndrome ... you just don't understand the thoughts of those coaches

with the slight difference, that you will not blame lippi as loser without winning DNA:
- even if you do not understand his tactic/formation (that did obviously not work out)
- even if we got "owned" by brazil...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Um, when was the last you saw Milan? His only good use is heading in goals, he is a liablity to them because he is SO SLOW, and he cant win balls except make fouls. but especially very slow, can hardly move to do squat.

Both Marchisio and Brighi will be called up before him. His NT career is over, thats for sure. He wasnt called when he was at his better days, he wont defenitely be called up now when he is lethargic and old.
neither can tackle like ambrosini yet, plus brighi is more attacking minded and marchisio has much to prove, and ambrosini was called up quite often as late as the euros

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I would actually go with

Gigi

Zambrotta Canna Chiello Grosso

Pirlo/Aquilani De Rossi Perotta(Ambrosini)

Camo Rossi/floccari/gio

Toni/Amauri

players to come up the ranks soon: maggio, santon, criscito

did any of you see maggio play MC?
this is a joke lineup, Perotta been average for a while, pirlo average, Ambrosini :lol: the guy was one of the worst in 08, ITS TIME TO MOVE ON.

We have players like Marchisio. You still insist with Ambro. Rather take Brighi, whos been great for Roma.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Don't know. I remember very well the Montenegro game and the Bulgaria game.
Hmmm, maybe he did change the tactics, but the subs he made on these matches don't imply something like that.
Against Montenegro he started with 4-3-3 and then he replaced Di Natale with Quagliarella and Aquillani with Perrotta, so he had Perrotta, Gattuso and De Rossi in midfield with Pepe, Gilardino and Quagliarella in attack.

Against Bulgaria he started with 4-3-3 and then he replaced Gila with Toni, Di Natale with Giuseppe Rossi and Montolivo with Perrotta so he had had Perrotta, Gattuso and De Rossi in midfield with Pepe, Toni and Rossi in attack.

But it's possible that Lippi gave them different roles, especially to Pepe.

I completely agree with you though that Lippi is a master of changing tactics during the match while Donadoni had a big problem doing that. Perhaps Lippi isn't doing that yet because there wasn't really any need to do it so far while Donadoni wasn't doing it because he didn't know how and because he fucked up badly those 1-2 times when he tried to do it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You can't use Ambrosini, Antares. Use De Rossi and Marchisio to balance things out in there. ABN-Ambrosini would get owned all over the pitch by Brazil.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
neither can tackle like ambrosini yet, plus brighi is more attacking minded and marchisio has much to prove, and ambrosini was called up quite often as late as the euros
Dude really, watch Ambro more, Brighi isnt offensive, and both him and Marchisio is already better then his slow average ass.

Plus it doesnt matter, his NT career is over, Lippi hardly called him up when he was younger, Donadoni dumped him for good after experimenting. No more swan song for him in the NT.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
As much as i hate him he brings much to the number 5 position italy was outmuscled in the middle today, ambrosini wouldnt let that happen imo
in the italy vs brazil game that i watched, we were not outmuscled ... we were outplayed, which is a big difference, since in those games you can have 3 sissokos, which don't bring you anything, if the enemy does move well and always pass the ball on, before you even get to the players with the ball

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
in the italy vs brazil game that i watched, we were not outmuscled ... we were outplayed, which is a big difference, since in those games you can have 3 sissokos, which don't bring you anything, if the enemy does move well and always pass the ball on, before you even get to the players with the ball
Italy actually had the upper hand the first 15 minutes and all of the second half. Neither of those goals would have been scored on italy 2 years ago for many reasons, Italy along with any team out there will be outplayed by brazil 90% of the time but not outmuscled when both happen you re fucked.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
wait y'all would take marchisio over perotta?
Perrotta is an AM/Box to box mid for 4 years now, he was played as DM in this second half solely because there werent others available. He usually competes with Camo, if you remember.

Not to mention he is not really good, heh? His strenght is off the ball movements into the box, as a psuedo AM, as he has been for a while. Not as a DM that covers up for Pirlo etc.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Dude really, watch Ambro more, Brighi isnt offensive, and both him and Marchisio is already better then his slow average ass.

Plus it doesnt matter, his NT career is over, Lippi hardly called him up when he was younger, Donadoni dumped him for good after experimenting. No more swan song for him in the NT.
i put ambrosini as the sub hence the parenthesis, imo marchisio isnt there yet

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Perrotta is an AM/Box to box mid for 4 years now, he was played as DM in this second half solely because there werent others available. He usually competes with Camo, if you remember.

Not to mention he is not really good, heh? His strenght is off the ball movements into the box, as a psuedo AM, as he has been for a while. Not as a DM that covers up for Pirlo etc.
exactly you really dont need a classic DM in that 433 he competed with camo coz he too was played centrally at times

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I like this Brasil. They aren't just dancers with the ball, they're also tough. Maicon, Melo and Gilberto are doing the job that wasn't done in 2006. With Anderson soon to become a regular it will be even better.
They finally have a world class goalkeeper (not that Dida wasn't one, but it didn't last long with Dida), they have 4 amazing AMCs (Kaka, Dinho, Robinho, Diego) and they will have top attack if Dunga stops being an ass and starts playing Amauri and Pato more. Elano is also doing fantastic and perhaps the weakest part of the team are the 2 CBs and the LB.

With the way South Americans are winning every single world cup played outside Europe, it won't be silly to say that Brasil is #1 favorite to take the throne from Italy and win the WC next summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)