Dani Alves (28 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I couldn't care less for anything that Alves said recently. I care about one thing and one thing only: quality.

Having said that, I think we're in a REALLY horrible place if we decide to sell. I don't even care if he's old or not. What he offered us this season was incredible, he basically lead our team in the CL and provided amazing matches for us. If we infact decide to sell him it's seriously a huge step backwards simply because we can't replace one of the best RBs out there. Some are really funny when they say how he's a winger. No, he's not. He's providing top quality winger quality but that doesn't mean he's $#@! in defense. I read today that Lichtsteiner will stay with us one more year but I don't want see that guy in our starting XI, he's just a back-up at best. If we sell Dani it's simply a disaster move and I don't care how some white knights are going to spam doomsday etc. We should simply wake the $#@! up and stop selling quality players if we wanna move forward. Also, what profit would this be? A small one. We're not $#@!ing Fiorentina to cheer when we earn extra 5 million euros.

Lets see if this is media BS or not, but I hope it is, cause it'd be a horrible move. Keeping both Sandro and Alves should be a priority.
:agree:

If the rumours about him wanting a 2 year contract are true just give it to him. Given the shape he is in, he doesn't look like slowing any time soon. I'm sure if we really wanted to we could sell him next summer anyway. He is crucial in the Champions League and brought out the best in others.

Did you see how many pundits mocked Barcelona for getting rid of him? We would look even worse given his performances.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
All it takes is 2 clubs to want him and the money will come. Imagine 2 or 3 EPL clubs fighting over him?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
City and Chelsea will for sure throw EPL money
All it takes is 2 clubs to want him and the money will come. Imagine 2 or 3 EPL clubs fighting over him?
Dream on.

He's not 27. There won't be much money. Even if it's 10mln then what? You think that's a lot? I'd only envy club that manage to sign such quality player for such small amount of money.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Stay or leave, I don't care either way.

As great as he was in those few (very important) CL matches, and he was truly outstanding, people sure are quick to forget all the rather poor games. And sadly, there were quite a lot of those as well.

Edit: And what Gordo said as well. Guy is able to play half of our games, at best.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
It doesn't even have to be 2 clubs, one dumbass like Pep would be enough. When he wants a player and the players wants it too, then we're in a good position to get 15-20M out of those morons.

Juventus 1897

Apr 4, 2013
He is a great footballer, it was very important for the team this season, he did nothing on ucl final to be said, but he also had a major contribution for us reaching the final , he had like 3 assists , 2 goals in 6 ko games , that's impressive , he also scored in coppa final, so he deserved a renew , but probably marotta didn't expect this happening, he was probably , I can't be sure what he ws thinking normally, but I think he was probably thinking alves will be good this season, then will likely have already an off season , meanwhile he could have done a transfer strategy , adding 2 more rbs (to get rid of lichts this summer and alves was leaving next summer) so he could add 1 new rb this year and 1 more the next summer, but the things went in an unexpected manner , I think alves' level surprised even marotta , also on this forum I don't think that anybody expected him perform in such manner in ucl ko, especially after first months when he was criticised by some juve fans , but I can't understand the likes of comments he did , you get angry , you on verge of leaving and start hit the club, it's not the attitude to encorouge, I think would have been better if he was saying this before , if he had something to say not now, also statement about dybala is truth only if you take in consideration real madrid, then yes, if we was reffering to winning , they win cl, we can't at the moment, but who knows what is gonna be in future , even if there is Juventus in final, also they have a better team also, but after real madrid I don't know if he could really improve somewhere else , juve is perfect for him, real is a difficult club to go, there is a huge pressure and I don't see Paulo's place at madrid, I might be wrong or subjective but this how I see the things, as for beppe we will find out this summer or next at latest if he had a strategy or he simply didn't want to offer new contract to alves without any back up list.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Guys, relax. Higuain was sending Dani a message for a TV show. It wasn't "posted on social media then quickly taken down".

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Alves is a 10-15 game max player regardless of what he said we need an every week RB
If that was the case he'd never be wanted by EPL clubs where there's a lot more aggression on the field. Let alone being chased by big clubs like City or whoever.

Alves had 12 goals/assists this season, making him our 5th most effective player in our team. Shares the spot with Cuadrado. Also, he played 2500 minutes which is quite a lot.

It's just another excuse defending the silly moves we're making by weakening our team each summer when we sell our good players.

There's no profit here. Just some pathetic small numbers. It's nothing but a dumb move.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If that was the case he'd never be wanted by EPL clubs where there's a lot more aggression on the field. Let alone being chased by big clubs like City or whoever.

Alves had 12 goals/assists this season, making him our 5th most effective player in our team. Shares the spot with Cuadrado. Also, he played 2500 minutes which is quite a lot.

It's just another excuse defending the silly moves we're making by weakening our team each summer when we sell our good players.

There's no profit here. Just some pathetic small numbers. It's nothing but a dumb move.
:shifty:

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Stay or leave, I don't care either way.

As great as he was in those few (very important) CL matches, and he was truly outstanding, people sure are quick to forget all the rather poor games. And sadly, there were quite a lot of those as well.

Edit: And what Gordo said as well. Guy is able to play half of our games, at best.
:tup:

People forget the games he had in Serie A and CL group stages

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)