Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (105 Viewers)

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Juventino[RUS];3689520 said:
It's about Conte not about Agnelli, next season ADP will have much much less time than in this season if he will stay with is, it's predictable....italian FIFA agent TRABUCCHI Marco was on russian tv show about serie a 11/12 season and he said same thing - if del piero will stay he will not have time that he had in this season so there is no reason for him to stay in Juve because it will be only sub-subrole for him and he said that Ziegler will be sold definitely and Conte had problems with Krasic, Ziegler, Elia and some other players because they were not willing to defend and they were not listening to him
Finally finally people realising that it is Conte who decided about Alex future and not AA :tup:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Good post, Cronios. But regarding the stadium...

In Turin, we wouldn't be able to fill a 70 000 seater. I will also remind you that Milan's average attendance in 2011/12 was 51442. So not really that much of a difference, in the end.

I'd rather have a 41 000 seater filled to the brim in almost every single game, than having to see 30-40 000 empty seats every match. I suppose we could fill a 70 000 stadium for our biggest games, but during the rest of the season we wouldn't be able to, and frankly I also think it would make the matchday experience in the Stadium worse, having to watch all those empty seats constantly.

Plus, a 70 000 seater is more expensive to build, so all in all I think Agnelli & co. opted for the best solution for us, seeing that we've always struggled to fill our home in Turin.
No one spoke of a 70k sits stadioum. Thtas almost double than we have and there is a lot of middle ground till there.

The ideal number for us would be about 50-55k seats. And again, right from the very first day, i m reffering to the strategic benefits, not the short term ones.
As i have been saying all along, in the long run we will regret having only 40k seats, not in the first couple of years.

If the stadioum had 10k seats more, it wouldnt make quite the diffence on the atmosphere. If we can full a 40k stadium with consistency, then it means that there is a need for at least 5000seats/game at least.
The soft spot imo, is to exceed, as slightly as you can, the maximum ammount you can get, even with 10k vacant seats, you have 4 ppl standing in every 5 seats,
that does not leaves the impression of a half empty stadium, on the contrary...

The stadium we had, due its built had horrible viewing angles, only by rebuilding it and removing the track, much more ppl would be attracted back anyways.
By playing beautifull footbal and becoming competitive again, by making it more accesible to families, more ppl would come.
By participating in high level matches like CL semis, cup semis and title decider matches, more ppl would come.

But now, by default, that ppl CANT come, simply because there is no place for them... and as we grow and have more fans again, the problem will increase along with the interest.
So you know what they will do? They will increase the price for the ticket, first for the good seats, then for the decent ones and inevitably all.
So with less investment they will make more profit, good for them. But when i will visit Italy and try to watch a derby, it will be much harder and more expensive for me to do it.
Eventually more ppl will be discouraged, so the common fan will be called to pay the extra bill. Juve's fanbase was always the worker common man, who cant afford the EPL high bill though...

And in the long long run, when the other teams build bigger modern stadiums, on par with ours, as architecture and facilities, but much more spacious, they will be able to make more tickets for the same ammounts of matches.
And create more profits and brute income, all the while keeping the common fan happy for giving him an affordable ticket and a quality of our current stadium.
What we do then? Rebuild a new one, or fall behind in income race?
This is when we will regret not making it a 50k seater and this is when ppl will understand to what i was reffering to...

When he made that choice AA made it with short vision, considering the current numbers he had at hand, the fog and parking issues, the tracks, the poor spectacle, lack of prestige/competitivity/spectacle etc
but Juventus is bigger than this, in the long run we would grow again a modern 70k seater, without track, new parking, facilities, better viewing angles etc, would be easier to fill in the derbies, than the old Delle Alpi and the average attendance would inevitably rise in the long run, esp after returning to top.
These elements were not in the equation back then, but they are now and will be more in the future, however the mistake is already made and its irreversable!

Dadi-SK

Jan 30, 2011
No one spoke of a 70k sits stadioum. Thtas almost double than we have and there is a lot of middle ground till there.

The ideal number for us would be about 50-55k seats. And again, right from the first day, i m reffering to the strategic benefits, not the short terms ones.
As i have been saying all along, in the long run we will regret having only 40k seats, not in the first couple of years.

If the stadioum had 10k seats more, it wouldnt make quite the diffence on the atmosphere. If we can full a 40k stadium, then it means that there is a need for at least 5000seats/game more.
The soft imo, is exceed as slightly as you can the maximum ammount you can get, even with 10 vacant seats, you have 4 ppl standing in every 5 seats, that does not leaves the impression of a half empty stadium, on the contrary...

The stadium we had, due its built had horrible viewing angles, only by rebuilding and removing the track, much more ppl would be attracted back.
By playing beautifull footbal and becoming competitive again, by making it more accesible to families, more ppl would come.
By participating in high levels matches like CL semis, cup semis and title decider matches, more ppl would come.

But now, by default, that ppl CANT come, because there is no place for them... and as we grow and have more fans again, the problem will increase with the interest.
So you know what they will do? They will increase the price for the ticket, first for the good seats, then for the decent ones and inevitably all.
So with less invstment they will make more profit, good for them. But when i will visit Italy and try to watch a derby, it will be much harder and more expensive for me to do it.
Eventually more ppl will be discouraged, so the common fan will be called to pay the extra bill. Juve's fanbase was always the worker common man, who cant afford the EPL high bill though...

And in the long long run, when the other teams build bigger modern stadiums, on par with ours, as architecture and facilities, but much more spacious, they will be able to make more tickets for the same ammounts of tickets.
And create more profits and brute income, all the while keeping the common fan happy for giving him an affordable ticket and a quality to our current stadium.
What we do then? Rebuild a new one, or troll behind in income?
This is when we regret not making it a 50k seater and this is when ppl will understand to what i was reffering to...
But we can always expand our stadium to 50K if needed. I read somewhere that it could be easily done.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
But we can always expand our stadium to 50K if needed. I read somewhere that it could be easily done.
yes me too and i m hoping its true, (not easily done though) but they will do it after the tickets are inflated sky high, i m sure of it!
A 45-50k seater being able to expand in 50-60k seater would be perfect imo.

enzo

May 14, 2012
yes me too and i m hoping its true, (not easily done though) but they will do it after the tickets are inflated sky high, i m sure of it!
A 45-50k seater being able to expand in 50-60k seater would be perfect imo.
Agree. And usually stadiums are expandible by design. But I fear nowadays, the first thing you do is cutting costs, so creating plans for all possible eventualities is omitted first.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I had a great idea, we should just rebuild the 50k Colosseum as it is a perfect size stadium and it would appease the nationalistic fans that crave the gladiators and roman legions.

enzo

May 14, 2012
I had a great idea, we should just rebuild the 50k Colosseum as it is a perfect size stadium and it would appease the nationalistic fans that crave the gladiators and roman legions.
Oh yeah, nationalistic fans. We don't have too many of them yet... I would prefer to see some anti-racisms projects kicked off by the club and players.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006

The ideal number for us would be about 50-55k seats. And again, right from the first day, i m reffering to the strategic benefits, not the short terms ones.

If the stadioum had 10k seats more, it wouldnt make quite the diffence on the atmosphere. If we can full a 40k stadium, then it means that there is a need for at least 5000seats/game more.
The soft imo, is exceed as slightly as you can the maximum ammount you can get, even with 10 vacant seats, you have 4 ppl standing in every 5 seats, that does not leaves the impression of a half empty stadium, on the contrary...

The stadium we had, due its built had horrible viewing angles, only by rebuilding and removing the track, much more ppl would be attracted back.
By participating in high levels matches like CL semis, cup semis and title decider matches, more ppl would come.

But now, by default, that ppl CANT come, because there is no place for them... and as we grow and have more fans again, the problem will increase with the interest.
So with less invstment they will make more profit, good for them. But when i will visit Italy and try to watch a derby, it will be much harder and more expensive for me to do it.

And in the long long run, when the other teams build bigger modern stadiums, on par with ours, as architecture and facilities, but much more spacious, they will be able to make more tickets for the same ammounts of tickets.
And create more profits and brute income, all the while keeping the common fan happy for giving him an affordable ticket and a quality to our current stadium.
This is when we regret not making it a 50k seater and this is when ppl will understand to what i was reffering to...

When he made that choice AA made it with short vision, considering the current numbers he had at hand, the fog and parking issues, the tarcks, the poor spectacle, lack of prestige/compeititivity/spectacle etc
but Juventus is bigger than this, in the long run we would grow again a modern 70k seater, without track, new parking, facilities, better veiwing angles etc, would be easier in fill in the derbies than the old Delle Alpi and teh average attendance would surely rise in the long run, esp after returning to top.
These elements were not in the equation back then, but they are now and will be more in the future, however the mistake is already made and its irreversable!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005

When he made that choice AA made it with short vision, considering the current numbers he had at hand, the fog and parking issues, the tarcks, the poor spectacle, lack of prestige/compeititivity/spectacle etc
but Juventus is bigger than this, in the long run we would grow again a modern 70k seater, without track, new parking, facilities, better veiwing angles etc, would be easier in fill in the derbies than the old Delle Alpi and teh average attendance would surely rise in the long run, esp after returning to top.
You really believe any team in Italy can feel a 60k stadium every game? You think Inter will have a full-house FFS? Atmosphere > numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)