Westworld (5 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
What would be your top 3? Or 5 if it's easier. Just wondering.
You want to bully the shows I'll name don't you? :p

True Detective S1
Sopranos S3
Fargo S1-2

And there is a giant bulk of others shows that I enjoyed watching more
Hannibal, Breaking Bad, Boston Legal, Shameless, The Wire, Mr Robot, Band of Brothers, Better Call Saul, Downton Abbey, First couple of seasons of Dexter&Sons of Anarchy&GoT

But calma! The reasons are very personal eg I don't like the AI subject at all, such as the futuristic setting and shows that evolve around theory-crafting. I loved the dialogues, the acting, the plot coherence and the overall thoughtfulness.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
You want to bully the shows I'll name don't you? :p

True Detective S1
Sopranos S3
Fargo S1-2

And there is a giant bulk of others shows that I enjoyed watching more
Hannibal, Breaking Bad, Boston Legal, Shameless, The Wire, Mr Robot, Band of Brothers, Better Call Saul, Downton Abbey, First couple of seasons of Dexter&Sons of Anarchy&GoT

But calma! The reasons are very personal eg I don't like the AI subject at all, such as the futuristic setting and shows that evolve around theory-crafting. I loved the dialogues, the acting, the plot coherence and the overall thoughtfulness.
Don't worry :D I just like to see opinions. I'm more into movies myself, haven't seen plenty of those you named. So if I see anything tempting I might get hooked.

Having said that, I rate WW ahead of plenty of those that you named. Some of those are truly great, though.

But I gotta say I'm not a huge fan of AI subjects myself. But I can't do anything but admire seeing how WW nailed it. I tried watching Black Mirror and eventhough I liked the idea I can't really stand majority of episodes.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Make it.

I really wanna see what people rate over this one.
The one's I'd rate as better are:
The Wire seasons 1,3,4
Breaking Bad season 4

As equals:
Breaking Bad season 5
True Detective season 1
The Wire season 2
Game of Thrones season 3,4
Sherlock season 2 (would be up in the first list if it wasn't for the Hound of Baskerville)

That's as far as Dramas are concerned of course, don't think it makes sense to compare them with comedies.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading Tudor's list, maybe Hannibal season 2 might sneak in there somewhere.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
The one's I'd rate as better are:
The Wire seasons 1,3,4
Breaking Bad season 4

As equals:
Breaking Bad season 5
True Detective season 1
The Wire season 2
Game of Thrones season 3,4
Sherlock season 2 (would be up in the first list if it wasn't for the Hound of Baskerville)

That's as far as Dramas are concerned of course, don't think it makes sense to compare them with comedies.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading Tudor's list, maybe Hannibal season 2 might sneak in there somewhere.
I really liked The Wire but season 2 was quite weak imo. BB was good and enjoyable but it didn't bring anything revolutionary/innovative. It also had it's ups and downs, especially in the first season. I also think WW wipes the floor with Mr Robot as they can't even compare. The only thing where I can disagree with Tudor is how WW evolve around theory-crafting. No, actually, it's one of the rare TV shows that makes you think and it's not just a brainless popcorn action movie. If anything that's amazing writing.

Sherlock is quite underrated I believe, but oh well, some people really can't stand it for some reason. However I can't wait to see the new episodes. Next one is coming on January 1st btw.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah Mr. Robot is good, but clearly inferior to WW.

About the theory crafting, I think WW, so far, does it in the best way possible. The mysteries here actually make sense.

And I personally love theory crafting, large part of why like GoT so much and still hold Lost in high regards, even though the latter of course fell flat on resolving its mysteries, and was on a lesser level quality wise in general.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I love this paint it black rendering

Probably my favourite standalone scene of the season
Definitely favourite track too.

But the whole soundtrack is amazing,

- - - Updated - - -

Not one male from WW recieved a golden globe nomination. Pathetic.
Every time those awards and nominations roll around I'm more glad that I stopped giving a fuck about them.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
They are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Loved the rendition aswell was so random yet felt great. Was there a few more like this in the show i think there was but cant remember?

OP
radekas

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #210
    They are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Loved the rendition aswell was so random yet felt great. Was there a few more like this in the show i think there was but cant remember?
    I think every episode had some known song mixed into the soundtrack.

I remember Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden and The House of Rising Sun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)