Westworld (2 Viewers)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
The new HBO big bucks show had started yesterday.

I watched the episode and it seems like the potential is fantastic. Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris in the cast also make it pretty :tuttosport:-worthy.

Anyone else watched it already?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The new HBO big bucks show had started yesterday.

I watched the episode and it seems like the potential is fantastic. Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris in the cast also make it pretty :tuttosport:-worthy.

Anyone else watched it already?
There was way too much going on, but interesting nonetheless. Especially the interview at the end, chilling 😃

OP
radekas

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #6
    I presume it's a modern spin on the 70s movie, judging by the name and trailer. I'll give this a watch.
    it is

Never watched the movie though and I don't think it will have that much in common with it. Other than robots and western of course.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    it is

Never watched the movie though and I don't think it will have that much in common with it. Other than robots and western of course.
    I only watched it again a few months ago, it's actually pretty funny and intense, although the former is mostly because of how dated it is now.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    First episode was fairly peculiar, Ed Harris character is the spark plug of wtf is going on intense element, while the rest was mainly fine set decorating and routine setting up the premise of the world (must be taxing for these actors to play such repetitive stiff robots), all in quite slow moving cerebral way.

Production value on this must be considerable.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    It captured the essence of the movie and made it better. The series so far, to me, is a big win. Fantastic pilot. I'd recommend anyone who hasn't to watch the movie first, it will make things clearer. Promising series.

- - - Updated - - -

it is

It does to some level. Watch it.

OP
    radekas

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #14
    I think Ed Harris can touch anyone's acting. And he was top notch in the first episode.

- - - Updated - - -

btw there are theories that Ed Harris character is the survivor of the original movie

that would be cool

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Different story and approaches, can't be compared really. But yeah, nothing could touch Yul Brenner's acting on that movie.
    Then I have to ask: what's the point of giving it the same title and promotion if your remake really has little to do with it?

It's not like HBO cannot successfully promote popular TV shows without leveraging a hook to some old, forgettable movie or TV series.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    Then I have to ask: what's the point of giving it the same title and promotion if your remake really has little to do with it?

It's not like HBO cannot successfully promote popular TV shows without leveraging a hook to some old, forgettable movie or TV series.
    Because it has everything to do with the theme park. It's just a different take and approach to that universe. A much better one imo (so far that is, let's see how the season is gonna pan out).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and it isn't a remake.

OP
    radekas

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
    Aug 26, 2009
  • Thread Starter #19
    Second episode leaked. Anyone watched it?
    Just did.

I expect the mindfuck level will be huge in this show.

Like for example:

When Ford met that boy in the Westword. It was pretty obvious that the boy was a guest but then at the end Ford says another "magic words" and the boy clearly reacts like the host.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and Ed Harris is quite amazing :tuttosport:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Enjoyed the first episode. Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins and Evan Rachel Wood are favourites of mine.

Really hope Harris' isn't the dweeby character from the original movie though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)