Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (2 Viewers)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
We did replace Pirlo - with Marchisio. Marchisio played regista from January or so. And as already discussed back and forth i think Claudio is an upgrade to Pirlo. Then we replaced Tevez with Dybala and Mandzukic. One simply cannot replace Tevez without going for a player like Aguero - a highly unlikely transfer! Vidal I sort of agree, we could've done better. I value him upwards €50m and I think that's an objective evaluation. I think we've decided to go with a number of midfielder rather than a direct replacement. We signed Khedira, Lemina and Hernanes accompanying Pereyra, Sturaro, Asamoah and Padoin.

My overall take on this mercato is that our team is hardly improved. But we've lowered our average age and managed to hold on to a solid core to build on. We've entrusted Pogba to become a great with the number 10. Signed young players who can become starters. IMO, our strongest XI this year consist of no less then 4 new players; A. Sandro, Hernanes, Cuadrado and Dybala.

- - - Updated - - -

No teams losing their best player (Tevez), third best player (Vidal) and playmaker (Pirlo) will come out equally strong the season after. Even with new buys, the lads needs to settle in. Imagine Barcelona loose Messi, Iniesta and Xavi. Would they remain equally strong?
I get your pirlo point, but if I'm rating the mercato its on new players not existing ones stepping up, it's pirlos presence off the pitch and experience that we've failed to replace. Ok it could be argued khedira has won everything that pirlo has but I feel pirlo gave the whole team a lot of confidence, pogba included who now is looking a bit dicey with his new responsibilities.

Also we've been too disjointed, we've signed one winger and sold the only other player that can play that role (coman), our treq was a knee jerk reaction on deadline day because we failed with our main targets. Our midfield looks very thin with a marchisio or pogba injury. Khedira seems to be a risk due to fitness, asamoah probably won't play much this season, lemina is an unknown quantity, I'm worried about it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Which teams in Europe spended the most money? Pls a top 10 + the money they spent
Man City and United spent the most money.

Then comes Juventus, Valencia, Atlético Madrid etc, if we're strictly speaking gross spending.
Valencia spent a shitload of money this yr, a substantial portion of it on obligation purchases.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
It's a very interesting mercato to analyze. I'd divide it to 2 stages: before and after Vidal's sale.

We had a couple of primary objectives:
-midfielder, because Pirlo was leaving
-striker to replace Tevez
-AM
-LB

It started awesomely. We got Dybala - high price but extraordinary talent, Rugani - very talented, coming from an excellent season, Khedira - WC winner for free, Mandzukić - great striker and upgrade to soon to be sold Llorente, Zaza - more than enough for a 5th striker that mainly sits on the bench, Neto - not a fan, Buffon is still the #1 though, so no problem.
Every formation gained good players, we completed half of our primary objectives, there was still more than 1.5month till the end of mercato and we were clearly going in the right direction. I would give 8-9/10 here.

Then we sold Vidal. 37m for the best midfielder in the world, still only 28yo. Nothing will justify this price. That was a huge blow that created a crater in our midfield.
We continued our work and landed Alex Sandro - another point off our objectives list, delighted with this signing. There was more than enough time to finish the mercato with the most important signing - AM that even the coach was asking about. Then another surprise - Coman is leaving. 2y loan with an option sounds like a joke. Ok, for a 'current' Coman, those are very high figures. He's just a kid that wasn't nowhere to be ready to start for us. He seems to be very highly rated though and still has a lot of time to develop. Look for how much more experienced youngsters like Draxler, Martial or even KDB went.
Our next signings were: Cuadrado on loan - good move, good player basically for free, not really suiting our tactics though; Lemina on loan : bonus signing, no pressure on him so can only surprise us, midfield fighter, looking for a new Vidal?
And here comes our final signing: Hernanes. AM we were all looking for. Whole mercato to do one job coach was asking you and you bring a 30yo playmaker from the team that finished 8th last season. Even though he's a decent player Marotta failed here.

When it comes to the sales, shipping Ogbonna's ass outta here deserves a special prize, not being able to sell PDC, Isla or Llorente is a failure.

Overall i would say that we've completed 3/4 of our objectives and rejuvenated the squad. :tup: That's why i'm voting 7.

BlackWhiteGold

Oct 23, 2012
6/10

The good:
Pereyra, in, 14m purchase, good to have him as a fully owned player. Creative playmaker who will contribute.
Alex Sandro, in, 26M purchase, one of Europe's best at a position of need down the line. Smart planning.
Neto, in, free transfer. Stroke of genius to get a vice-Buffon now.
Rugani, in, loan return, smart to bring him in now to learn under Chiello and Bonucci
Ogbonna, out, 11M sale, smart to get almost a full return on him when Rugani is ready to fill his role here.
Cuadrado, in, 1.5m loan, worth every penny for his pace and abilities. Hope he can rediscover something here.
Dybala, in, 40M, will be the best buy in years for Juve
Lemina, in, 1.5m loan, will be useful as a depth player
Hernanes, in, 11M buy. Definite question mark but I like Allegri's confidence in this player.
Mandzukic, in, 19M buy. Will be a 15 goal scorer and then will move on. Just a hired gun for a short period of time.

The bad:
Tevez, out, 6.5M transfer, thought he would play out his contract. Better to get something rather than nothing but he's our hugest loss
Zaza, in, 18M transfer, expensive but will be worth it if he plays well and can be sold to BPL for 20+M
Vidal, out, 37M transfer, thought he would play one more season here but it was time. However, he will be missed
Coman, out, 7M transfer, will be worth it if his option is picked up by Bayern and Juve lands Berardi in 2016
Llorente, out, free transfer, thought we should get something for him. One season removed from quality scoring.
Khedira, in, free transfer, his wages bother me, especially if he's hurt all year long
Marrone, out, loan, don't understand why he is not given more of a chance to play considering Padoin's role here. Marrone > Padoin

Indifferent:
Pirlo, out, free agent
Storari, out, free agent
Romulo, out, loan return
Matri, out, loan return
Pepe, out, free agent
Isla, out, loan
De Ceglie, out, loan

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
random transfer window with no clarity, vision nor planning masked by lame excuses of how the player wanted to leave and the board continuously going back on their words at how we are not a selling club, how we are not looking for any particular midfielder, etc... the Coman deal was utterly retarded, no matter how you look at is we loaned him out for 2 seasons for 7 mill and leaves us short of attacking power. overspent on zaza yes we paid 18 mill what an absolute waste of money. Embarrassed on the trequartista front, as far as I'm concerned only 2 players I'm happy about is Alex Sandro and Dybala. 2/10 for me and that is just being generous

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
random transfer window with no clarity, vision nor planning masked by lame excuses of how the player wanted to leave and the board continuously going back on their words at how we are not a selling club, how we are not looking for any particular midfielder, etc... the Coman deal was utterly retarded, no matter how you look at is we loaned him out for 2 seasons for 7 mill and leaves us short of attacking power. overspent on zaza yes we paid 18 mill what an absolute waste of money. Embarrassed on the trequartista front, as far as I'm concerned only 2 players I'm happy about is Alex Sandro and Dybala. 2/10 for me and that is just being generous
2/10 seriously ?

Someone

Sep 4, 2015
this is my first post here, main reason i joined is becasue i cant understand how people can give this mercato a high rating.

2/10 seriously ?
well, i do feel like him, rating this mercato 2\10 is being generous.

at first marrota stated that the goal of this mercato is to keep the stars, before that he also said that juve does not need any new players to reinforce the team, and that the team is perfect.

for starters, marrota failed achieving his own goal. seeing vidal saying that he doesnt believe in juve to get to CL glory, there are no excuses here, marrota had a 125 million budget to reinforce the team, with this budget and the existing team(even without tevez), juve could do what it takes to make vidal believe that juve can get 1 step higher. losing the key player falls on marrota alone.

now for the mercato itself -
it started with mandzukic, dybala and zaza. marrota is being reckless, buying 2 target man, when he already has Llorente and morata. and who are those strikers?
mandzukic - a striker after a bad season in a club thats on the rise, 28 years old, how come he was sold for 21mil? its just way too high, when i see roma getting dzeko with a loan to 11mil purchase, it makes me think that this purchase is one of the worst ive seen in the last 10 years.
zaza? even marrota transfer listed him 1 minute after he bought him. reckless.
one word - fail. 40 mil goes to waste, an amount that juve does not spend every day, could and shouldve spent more wisely.

*couldnt understand how people rated the starting of the mercato high. :boh:

dybala - there are some issues with this transfer, dybala had 1 year for contract(correct me if i am wrong), he is very young, you cant really tell what those youngsters would really give you, considering this - 40 mil is a lot. though overall dybala purchase is fine, he should be quality. seeing now that dybala was actually tevez replacement(unlike what marrota promised), getting into tevez shoes would be a mission impossible.

khedira - the guy did not play for 1 year, but it is after all a free transfer, seems like a purchase that you cant really count on though, and it shows up now - we see padoin in the centre midfield.

alex sandro - most would say that this is a great purchase, but 26 mil for a guy on his last year of contract, the ones that praise this one have to understand that siqueira is not the only LB in the world, there are lots of LB's, once again look at roma purchase - digne loan with opt to buy for 15mil.

mario lemina - this purchase is nice, a loan with opt to buy, no harm can be done here, and would probably be better than padoin in midfield so its great.

cuadrado - it is a loan, but afterall juve picked here another player that you cant really count on.

hernanes - "the cream of the crop", inter's trash. this finale showed how bad marrota is for juventus, and that he isnt the person to get juve to the next level, he fails hard with his promise of a number 10 and loses draxler to wolfsburg. another purchase you cant count on.

about the departures -

coman sale was stupid, he is much better than hernanes\cuadrado, juve also lost here the possibility to play 4-3-3, which makes the squad very limited once again.
also how come coman does not fit into the squad but cuadrado does? both are wingers, i dont see the point here, replacing hot prospect with old trash.

vidal sale was sad, in a time when anthony martial goes for 60mil and KDB goes for 80mil, vidal should be 200mil. how come wolfsburg can hold man city to the last minute until man city have no option but to splash as much as they can on KDB, but marrota cant do the same on vidal?

marrota also failed to sell isla after he had a very good copa america.

ogbonna sale was decent.

pirlo - lots of respect for him, but he did more harm than good last season.

tevez - 6.5mil + youngsters is way too low for one of the best players in europe(the best last season imo), but i guess its ok, it was tevez only wish and i dont see boca paying more than they did.

to sum it up, there was no real planning here, marrota spent 125mil(not considering pereyra purchase), without even thinking with allegri what they actually need.
marrota released stars and brought in players that juve cant really count on, like cuadrado, hernanes, khedira, with players that juve didnt really need - mandzukic and zaza. juve could do much better with coman and Llorente(sub to morata) instead of those. that way they might have actually landed their promise of a real number 10.

considering the fact that there was no planning, no real improvement or better to say having weakened squad after spending 125mil and seeing marrota fail with his own goals(stars leaving and lack of number 10). i just have to rate this 1\10.

there has to be separation between juve squad to juve mercato. the fact that juve probably has the best squad in italy, and a good squad overall, doesnt mean that this mercato was great, there are lots of aspects to a deal - if a player had a bad season, you cant spend big on him, if a player has 1 year left on contract, you cant spend big on him, if a player is injury prone you cant count on him.
if stars leave you must bring proper replacements.
there are too many question marks around juve squad right now, and it is just unacceptable after spending big like that.

you cant gamble like that with 125mil budget!

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
this is my first post here, main reason i joined is becasue i cant understand how people can give this mercato a high rating.

at first marrota stated that the goal of this mercato is to keep the stars, before that he also said that juve does not need any new players to reinforce the team, and that the team is perfect.

for starters, marrota failed achieving his own goal. seeing vidal saying that he doesnt believe in juve to get to CL glory, there are no excuses here, marrota had a 125 million budget to reinforce the team, with this budget and the existing team(even without tevez), juve could do what it takes to make vidal believe that juve can get 1 step higher. losing the key player falls on marrota alone.

it started with mandzukic, dybala and zaza. marrota is being reckless, buying 2 target man, when he already has Llorente and morata. and who are those strikers?
mandzukic - a striker after a bad season in a club thats on the rise, 28 years old, how come he was sold for 21mil? its just way too high, when i see roma getting dzeko with a loan to 11mil purchase, it makes me think that this purchase is one of the worst ive seen in the last 10 years.
one word - fail. 40 mil goes to waste, an amount that juve does not spend every day, could and shouldve spent more wisely.

dybala - there are some issues with this transfer, dybala had 1 year for contract(correct me if i am wrong), he is very young, you cant really tell what those youngsters would really give you, considering this - 40 mil is a lot. though overall dybala purchase is fine, he should be quality. seeing now that dybala was actually tevez replacement(unlike what marrota promised), getting into tevez shoes would be a mission impossible.

khedira - the guy did not play for 1 year, but it is after all a free transfer, seems like a purchase that you cant really count on though, and it shows up now - we see padoin in the centre midfield.

alex sandro - most would say that this is a great purchase, but 26 mil for a guy on his last year of contract, the ones that praise this one have to understand that siqueira is not the only LB in the world, there are lots of LB's, once again look at roma purchase - digne loan with opt to buy for 15mil.

mario lemina - this purchase is nice, a loan with opt to buy, no harm can be done here, and would probably be better than padoin in midfield so its great.

cuadrado - it is a loan, but afterall juve picked here another player that you cant really count on.

hernanes - "the cream of the crop", inter's trash. this finale showed how bad marrota is for juventus, and that he isnt the person to get juve to the next level, he fails hard with his promise of a number 10 and loses draxler to wolfsburg. another purchase you cant count on.

about the departures -

coman sale was stupid, he is much better than hernanes\cuadrado, juve also lost here the possibility to play 4-3-3, which makes the squad very limited once again.
also how come coman does not fit into the squad but cuadrado does? both are wingers, i dont see the point here, replacing hot prospect with old trash.

vidal sale was sad, in a time when anthony martial goes for 60mil and KDB goes for 80mil, vidal should be 200mil. how come wolfsburg can hold man city to the last minute until man city have no option but to splash as much as they can on KDB, but marrota cant do the same on vidal?

ogbonna sale was decent.

tevez - 6.5mil + youngsters is way too low for one of the best players in europe(the best last season imo), but i guess its ok, it was tevez only wish and i dont see boca paying more than they did.

to sum it up, there was no real planning here, marrota spent 125mil(not considering pereyra purchase), without even thinking with allegri what they actually need.
marrota released stars and brought in players that juve cant really count on, like cuadrado, hernanes, khedira, with players that juve didnt really need - mandzukic and zaza. juve could do much better with coman and Llorente(sub to morata) instead of those. that way they might have actually landed their promise of a real number 10.

considering the fact that there was no planning, no real improvement or better to say having weakened squad after spending 125mil and seeing marrota fail with his own goals(stars leaving and lack of number 10). i just have to rate this 1\10.

there has to be separation between juve squad to juve mercato. the fact that juve probably has the best squad in italy, and a good squad overall, doesnt mean that this mercato was great, there are lots of aspects to a deal - if a player had a bad season, you cant spend big on him, if a player has 1 year left on contract, you cant spend big on him, if a player is injury prone you cant count on him.
there are too many question marks around juve squad right now, and it is just unacceptable after spending big like that.

Welcome. I'm glad you let all our cuz It looks you were about to ........

Is a group called society... They just love marotta, no matter what... Dont try to hard against them...

A lot of people put a high rate after some newspaper did that... Unbiased? Hell no

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Welcome back Badass Lemina

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:tup:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Agreed on all except the bolded part.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011

about the departures -

ogbonna sale was decent.

You and I are too different to even get started arguing. I think you belong to the minority of fans who are disappointed.
http://www.blackwhitereadallover.co...fers-2015-dybala-alex-sandro-khedira-cuadrado

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
You and I are too different to even get started arguing. I think you belong to the minority of fans who are disappointed.
http://www.blackwhitereadallover.co...fers-2015-dybala-alex-sandro-khedira-cuadrado
Minority? Not sure. I could search for a couple of articles about It but even most important, I read that article days algo and if someone say something like: "two defeat... Not to worry" it's just Stupid. This is the worst beginning since phone was invented.... Worst beginning since radio was invented... Worst beginning and they said not to worry... Fuck them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)