Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (2 Viewers)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
For me it's 6/10. We are starting a new project, we have quality, we may improve it even more in January, who knows.

A bit offtopic, but I can't recall the other young player we were linked to yesterday. He had a ex-yugoslavic name, if I remember correctly. If anyone could tell me what it was, I would appreciate it a lot.
Andrija Balic, 18 year old midfielder. We didn't get him. Apparently we were haggling over a one million Euro price differential.

Buy on AliExpress.com

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
I've docked it 2 points because we've not adaquately replaced the departing players, we didn't really replace Vidal or pirlo and we didn't sign a top class AM despite having 3 months to do so. Apart from Zaza though I've got no gripe against the calibre of players we did manage to sign
We did replace Pirlo - with Marchisio. Marchisio played regista from January or so. And as already discussed back and forth i think Claudio is an upgrade to Pirlo. Then we replaced Tevez with Dybala and Mandzukic. One simply cannot replace Tevez without going for a player like Aguero - a highly unlikely transfer! Vidal I sort of agree, we could've done better. I value him upwards €50m and I think that's an objective evaluation. I think we've decided to go with a number of midfielder rather than a direct replacement. We signed Khedira, Lemina and Hernanes accompanying Pereyra, Sturaro, Asamoah and Padoin.

My overall take on this mercato is that our team is hardly improved. But we've lowered our average age and managed to hold on to a solid core to build on. We've entrusted Pogba to become a great with the number 10. Signed young players who can become starters. IMO, our strongest XI this year consist of no less then 4 new players; A. Sandro, Hernanes, Cuadrado and Dybala.

- - - Updated - - -

No teams losing their best player (Tevez), third best player (Vidal) and playmaker (Pirlo) will come out equally strong the season after. Even with new buys, the lads needs to settle in. Imagine Barcelona loose Messi, Iniesta and Xavi. Would they remain equally strong?

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
:tup: :agree:

Btw, just curious, who was that big signing your source had seen in turin?
It was Ibra. He was in town to see some sponsors, but he did sneak in from a backdoor into our HQ, and they made sure no journos would see this. Which is what made me believe it might have actually been more then just a friendly visit.
Some people leaked it anyway, but my friend was convinced we'd pull him out of the the hat. At this point I don't really know if it was just an informal chit chat or what.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
You have no doubt we will win the league? Wow, that's pretty arrogant to say actually. And I'm. It just saying that because we are weaker than last year or didnt optimise our mercato.

Kind of does. Dismantle is about right. Needed a little gradual evolution, and what we got is a bit of an overhaul.

Yes it would've been. But shows just how much we panicked at the end, so Hermanes was effectively not even plan B.
Yeah. What do you expect this season, Baggio?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'll change my grade and go for a 4/10.

I don't like the way the squad was constructed. Giving Coman away as a clear mistake, idiotic move by Marotta, who got fooled by Schalke/Draxler. Again he moved a guy without being sure he would get his replacement - alas Vidal.

Khedira so far is a terrible signing, an expensive player who is only decent at midfield, but will struggle to be healthy.

Midfield got very thin, we lack options in attack (Zaza's deal was also terrible), no AM, while spending more than 60M net.

I just say this wasn't a total bust because Alex Sandro, Dybala and Rugani (allegedly) are very talented, Neto as good (while having little impact on the squad for now), while Hernanes, Mandzukic, bring some needed experience. Lemina can't be judged yet. Cuadrado adds flexibility but doesn't really fit the squad.

The current best team we have is:

Buffon

Licht
Bonucci
Chiellini
Alex Sandro (UPGRADE ON EVRA)

Marchisio (UPGRADE ON PIRLO AS A DM)
Pogba
Hernanes (HUGE DOWNGRADE ON VIDAL)
Pereyra

Dybala (DOWNGRADE ON TEVEZ, BUT NEARLY THE BEST REPLACEMENT AVAILABLE, COULD KEEP LEVEL BY THE END OF SEASON)
Morata

This starting team could gel and actually be able to keep last season's level. But Allegri will have to do his job. He's not helping Marotta's mercato evaluation so far.

Bench: Neto, Caceres, Barzagli, Rugani, Evra, Padoin, Lemina, Sturaro, Cuadradado, Mandzukic, Zaza.

Squad is unbalanced, desperately need an AM, at least a prospective young one, to be an option on the bench, and a SS, since Cuadrado, at first sight, is not one. (we had it in Coman. What a stupid move)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
7/10. Keeping Pogba was massive. If we kept Vidal 8/10 and if we scored Draxler 9/10
Nah, Pogba was for sure going to stay this summer, we all knew that so is not big deal. The real test will be to keep him from now on, specially if this season is a failure, im pretty sure his chances of going out will increase...and with that...he will take away a piece of the "number 10" magic by being a mercenary failure after our latest great 10s.

Lets obviously hope it doesnt come to that.

I'll change my grade and go for a 4/10.

I don't like the way the squad was constructed. Giving Coman away as a clear mistake, idiotic move by Marotta, who got fooled by Schalke/Draxler. Again he moved a guy without being sure he would get his replacement - alas Vidal.

Khedira so far is a terrible signing, an expensive player who is only decent at midfield, but will struggle to be healthy.

Midfield got very thin, we lack options in attack (Zaza's deal was also terrible), no AM, while spending more than 60M net.

I just say this wasn't a total bust because Alex Sandro, Dybala and Rugani (allegedly) are very talented, Neto as good (while having little impact on the squad for now), while Hernanes, Mandzukic, bring some needed experience. Lemina can't be judged yet. Cuadrado adds flexibility but doesn't really fit the squad.

The current best team we have is:

Buffon

Licht
Bonucci
Chiellini
Alex Sandro (UPGRADE ON EVRA)

Marchisio (UPGRADE ON PIRLO AS A DM)
Pogba
Hernanes (HUGE DOWNGRADE ON VIDAL)
Pereyra

Dybala (DOWNGRADE ON TEVEZ, BUT NEARLY THE BEST REPLACEMENT AVAILABLE, COULD KEEP LEVEL BY THE END OF SEASON)
Morata

This starting team could gel and actually be able to keep last season's level. But Allegri will have to do his job. He's not helping Marotta's mercato evaluation so far.

Bench: Neto, Caceres, Barzagli, Rugani, Evra, Padoin, Lemina, Sturaro, Cuadradado, Mandzukic, Zaza.

Squad is unbalanced, desperately need an AM, at least a prospective young one, to be an option on the bench, and a SS, since Cuadrado, at first sight, is not one. (we had it in Coman. What a stupid move)
Agree on eevrything bar your last coman comment. He looked like shit as a SS. no burs of ifs

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Nah, Pogba was for sure going to stay this summer, we all knew that so is not big deal. The real test will be to keep him from now on, specially if this season is a failure, im pretty sure his chances of going out will increase...and with that...he will take away a piece of the "number 10" magic by being a mercenary failure after our latest great 10s.

Lets obviously hope it doesnt come to that.

Agree on eevrything bar your last coman comment. He looked like $#@! as a SS. no burs of ifs
He did, but still would give an option as a LW for more tactical flexibility. In a tough game, inserting him and Cuadrado as a RW, moving to a 433, would have been pretty interesting.

His characteristics were unique in the squad, we'll miss that.

Edit: also, now Cuadrado looks even more out of place, since we have no LW to pair with him at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Cuadrado's performance will be decisive for this. If he manages to do well as a SS, it provides a very very important option to the squad and for ongoing games, while if he fails, we'll absolutely lack options on the bench on the offensive end. Considering that Allegri does the right thing and fields Hernanes and Pereyra on the starting team.

Something I actually doubt. One of them will be on the bench for Sturaro or whatever, because Allegri thinks it's better to field not the best possible starting 11 and have a good option on the bench to change the game than to field the strongest 11 and have no option to change the game. He said this himself, and I absolutely disagree.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He did, but still would give an option as a LW for more tactical flexibility. In a tough game, inserting him and Cuadrado as a RW, moving to a 433, would have been pretty interesting.

His characteristics were unique in the squad, we'll miss that.

Edit: also, now Cuadrado looks even more out of place, since we have no LW to pair with him at times.
Now we are talking. I wanted allegri to use coman as an option of the 433..in the LW. Im pissed as hell that he gave Coman away because this means the chances of playing 433 go a step down. Still, we can do dybala, morata , cuadrado 433 tho. Coman will have to get paired with Berardi in a future 433 if both make it to Juve..and of course, ifwe dont give coman away if he performs for bayern.

Bayern cant force our hand to sell coman right? (unless they give some shady money to marotta he he he)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think an option on a loan hands first right of refusal to the buyer. Just thinking out loud here, that's what I think it means, so Juve can't change their mind on the deal if Bayern want to buy him. I could be wrong though.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
It was Ibra. He was in town to see some sponsors, but he did sneak in from a backdoor into our HQ, and they made sure no journos would see this. Which is what made me believe it might have actually been more then just a friendly visit.
Some people leaked it anyway, but my friend was convinced we'd pull him out of the the hat. At this point I don't really know if it was just an informal chit chat or what.
What's your source for this?

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Now we are talking. I wanted allegri to use coman as an option of the 433..in the LW. Im pissed as hell that he gave Coman away because this means the chances of playing 433 go a step down. Still, we can do dybala, morata , cuadrado 433 tho. Coman will have to get paired with Berardi in a future 433 if both make it to Juve..and of course, ifwe dont give coman away if he performs for bayern.

Bayern cant force our hand to sell coman right? (unless they give some shady money to marotta he he he)
Unfortunately I don't think Bayern would do such kind of deal where they wouldn't have power over the player's final destination.

Also if he does well in these 2 years, it seems very likely he'll want to stay there.

I don't think Coman will be back, unless he becomes a bust.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeh, if he does well and becomes a staple there... he will stay there most likely as he will find no reason to come to a inferior club on a inferior league with a formation not suited for him.

Coman is a goner most likely :(

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I have the feeling next summer it is going to be our turn to raid Bayern.

Gotze and Benatia
If we were going to get Gotze this year was the year to do it.

We were just in a CL final (we are unlikely to go better than that this year) and you would have thought Gotze would want first team football before the Euros next summer.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Yeah. What do you expect this season, Baggio?
Not very sure to be honest. After the dust settled, gave this a lot of thought. I saw there were some panic moves but not the kind of knee jerkers we've seen in the past. Do feel like we went around in circles a little bit in the mercato, and I feel like we will see a bit more of that while we tinker to find the kind of balance, spirit and identity that's seen us win championships. Easier said than done.

I feel like we have experience in the right areas on the pitch, but dressing room personalities and leadership is bound to be compromised when focussing on youth. That's kind of in away has a unique upside to Hernanes' arrival. Its unfair to expect the new boys to hit the ground running and if the club and coach can be patient when extracting out results, the team can come together nicely, and be complete in almost every sense of the word, with next summer's mercato. We kind of have the versatility, but we have spread it a bit thin, so I'm guessing the identity of the team is going to be fluid football in a 4312/433, though I don't see this team as organised as recent years, with all that grinta. Add to that, that these softer skills aren't exactly what Allegri is good at.

Disagree with those who see a comfortable scudetto win. Highly unlikely, and I also feel this season is going to be lower scoring than previous seasons with so many teams in the ascendancy. Hard to pin point Juve in all of this, but I think depending on how quickly we establish our mentality and balance, we could be anywhere between positions 1-3 in the league, and we will also perhaps some nice looking football in the CL which might come to its end with a pre quarter berth more for the lack of experience than technical ability or playing style.

Someone who works there.
Calhanaglou is what you said the last time Bruv. You sure those guys weren't just taking the piss? :D

I have the feeling next summer it is going to be our turn to raid Bayern.

Gotze and Benatia
Would love it, but don't think we have that kind of money to spend. Don't see many sales happening, if Pogba stays. If he goes though, yea sure, Goetze, Benatia and one more solid CM option. I think Lemina is going to kind of take on a bit of what Pogba and Vidal did in many ways, only he clearly needs to develop his attacking dimension.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)