Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (8 Viewers)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
Not very sure to be honest. After the dust settled, gave this a lot of thought. I saw there were some panic moves but not the kind of knee jerkers we've seen in the past. Do feel like we went around in circles a little bit in the mercato, and I feel like we will see a bit more of that while we tinker to find the kind of balance, spirit and identity that's seen us win championships. Easier said than done.

I feel like we have experience in the right areas on the pitch, but dressing room personalities and leadership is bound to be compromised when focussing on youth. That's kind of in away has a unique upside to Hernanes' arrival. Its unfair to expect the new boys to hit the ground running and if the club and coach can be patient when extracting out results, the team can come together nicely, and be complete in almost every sense of the word, with next summer's mercato. We kind of have the versatility, but we have spread it a bit thin, so I'm guessing the identity of the team is going to be fluid football in a 4312/433, though I don't see this team as organised as recent years, with all that grinta. Add to that, that these softer skills aren't exactly what Allegri is good at.

Disagree with those who see a comfortable scudetto win. Highly unlikely, and I also feel this season is going to be lower scoring than previous seasons with so many teams in the ascendancy. Hard to pin point Juve in all of this, but I think depending on how quickly we establish our mentality and balance, we could be anywhere between positions 1-3 in the league, and we will also perhaps some nice looking football in the CL which might come to its end with a pre quarter berth more for the lack of experience than technical ability or playing style.

Calhanaglou is what you said the last time Bruv. You sure those guys weren't just taking the piss? :D

Would love it, but don't think we have that kind of money to spend. Don't see many sales happening, if Pogba stays. If he goes though, yea sure, Goetze, Benatia and one more solid CM option. I think Lemina is going to kind of take on a bit of what Pogba and Vidal did in many ways, only he clearly needs to develop his attacking dimension.
No Calanoglu was the last minute solution after Draxler dematerialized. Ibra was on top of that

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I don't think that we will see a 40-50 million top player signing any time soon.

Even next summer we will have obligations to buy (Berardi, Lemina...) and we will need to get rid of some players who alredy lost the trust of the coach (Zaza) so that we can bring in quality players.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Ok here it is.

It started with Dybala. Now it was a signing of intent very unlike us but it certainly raised eyebrows, talent is there and there is hope his ambidextrous feet don't pull him down. Big price for a relatively one or half season wonder. That said I respect the decision and can see the positives.

Next up khedira. Again a shrewed signing for free, typically a Pirlo replacement can't go wrong with this one. I don't quite know what to say about his injuries but other than I think he will be fine and his not as bad as people make out to be. A solid signing.

Rugani, already our but we got assurance here that the highly touted promising youngster will be back to take ogbonnas role.

Pirlo, had to go and we did well sadly now I think it may have been worth keeping him but that's another matter. We needed to move on and both parties were happy.

Then came Tevez. Not blaming club they did all they could but disappointed that we couldn't bargain better here even if it's for an extra million to be paid over a year. Every penny counts. We got a bunch of their youth so here's hoping!

And when we all started to worry about up front and whether dybala is enough, then in comes mandzukic. Good signing but again we really should have done better with haggling. When you see Roma get dzeko it does make you wonder though... :hustini:

When we though hey not a bad market... At this point it's 7-8. In comes the news around zaza a striker who I still can't understand why his here, oh yeah that's right because relationships matter! Something my wife keeps telling me. Useless striker and though I hope he proves me wrong it seems inevitable that from here were gonna see more changes up front thus disrupting the balance, (bye bye nando) and by this I mean balance of players in and out and not between tall lanky forwards.

Anyway who cares we still got our pillar players our chielini, buffon, vidal.... Wait.. no then it hits fucking Vidal out of all?! No way! This defines the mercato. Now whatever the circumstances assuming he really did want out we should have absolutely put him on market. There a saying here..

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Yep shame on marotta and co. We once again obliged to a players wishes of who he wanted to go to. Fuck the money, relationships count right?

Anyway moving on we then had a start of intent again Alex Sandro a left back. No doubt great move even though by this time the mouths felt a little dry afterall do we have enough know for a trequarista?

So before I go on wanna say fuck the Italian media, deceptive cunts. We all know what happened but what we don't know at this point is where on earth is marotta... We waited and waited before got presented with our last seasons signing ( wow that was a long wait!)..

Enter cuadrado, on loan? You genius marotta but... This shits confusing is this what marotta really spent his time doing?

By now we are about a week ago and tensions are rising, we not only lose our first game but we have a fapfest in draxler thread which got too sticky it had to be closed.

At this point we go and decide nando is worth nothing but a good looking handsome poser and that we had to get rid of him to free up the reported massive wages. Of course this was diabolical but didn't help when llorente wanted spain. That said we rejected a 5 mil or so offer only to send him free! It's the kinda thing you wait around on Amazon hoping shit will be free.. but never is and sevilla got just that.

Then goes coman and I've said enough about this, we fucked up again players wish matters all the time because we can't say hey let's grab a coffee and sit down right? Because of course not the money looked too good and we don't need a replacement.

Finally it happens our trequarista an inter prick of a player hernanes. Along with him lemina which for me was a great signing by the way. Hernanes left a sour taste in the mouth as we left dragging here and there but at the end from mercato gossip but at the end it's turned alright. Not a bad move

Got to mention here all the other dead wood we got rid off. Ogbonna, isla, de ceglie, pepe. Storari being replaced with neto which was a brilliant move.

Mercado was an 8 before Vidal's sale and I'm left disappointed by the sales. There's question marks over some of the signing and I keep justifying things but to me we failed with to get an adequate replacement for vidal, handed over llorente in a car boot sale to sevilla, couldn't find a replacement for coman brought a poor player zaza and then attempted to ship him but then he stayed. I'm not gonna say anything bad about those who came in cheap but when a club spends money, the fans money on shit or sells players without finding adequate replacement then really you question the decision making here.

If you've read my shit and reached this far then I hope your as confused as me. Because really I have no choice but to give this Mercato a 5.. close to a 6 but just not close enough. Like 5.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)