Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (3 Viewers)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
You are by definition in a minority. A very large minority on this site at the very least. Only 30 out of 195 people who voted have given the summer mercato below a rating of 5. You are 1 of them. That's just over 15%. I don't know what your definition of minority is, but that should certainly qualify.
I gave a rate of 6. People was mostly between 5 and 6. Then GDS and other newspapers put those unreal 7,5... Toó many big mistakes to be such a high rate

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I gave a rate of 6. People was mostly between 5 and 6. Then GDS and other newspapers put those unreal 7,5... Toó many big mistakes to be such a high rate
Didn't you give it a 4, in the poll up above...?

Regardless. I see reasons to rate the mercato anywhere from 3-8. There are far too many unknowns to really give a hard rating. I gave a 5 mostly because I have no idea how it will turn out. We bought a number of interesting players in terms of potential, in terms of reclamation projects. The only real guarantees were Alex Sandro and Mandzukic. We know what we're getting there. But with Dybala, Lemina, Khedira, Hernanes, and to a lesser extent Zaza, the variables are pretty great. So 5 from me with potential to swing quite far in either direction.

The only ratings I see as ridiculous are 1-2 and 9-10. Far too many unknowns to rate it at either extreme.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We should have signed Diskeruud as our AM. He would have been cheap and all of Juventuz could have said they'll reserve judgement of the signing until they see more of him, which automatically makes the mercato a 9 out of 10.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

Regardless. I see reasons to rate the mercato anywhere from 3-8. There are far too many unknowns to really give a hard rating. I gave a 5 mostly because I have no idea how it will turn out. We bought a number of interesting players in terms of potential, in terms of reclamation projects. The only real guarantees were Alex Sandro and Mandzukic. We know what we're getting there. But with Dybala, Lemina, Khedira, Hernanes, and to a lesser extent Zaza, the variables are pretty great. So 5 from me with potential to swing quite far in either direction.

The only ratings I see as ridiculous are 1-2 and 9-10. Far too many unknowns to rate it at either extreme.
Yup, this is one hell of an unpredictable mercato.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

The guarantees of Mandzukic is also dependant on the team built around him for service, I don't think it suits him which is why I'm even more annoyed about the hernanes deal as I don't see him as someone particularly creative but also someone quite selfish on the ball

Someone

Sep 4, 2015
My post got deleted for some reason :shifty:

I was just pointing out an amusing post to you. Someone joined Tuz just to tell us we are all rating the mercato too highly. :D
well, considering you have focused only on the meaningless part of my post(though your first post did make me laugh), ill just say that it wasnt my intention. i said that i joined mainly because people rate this mercato as a very good one because i am hearing it everywhere(not only in this forum), most of the people praise marrota, and i just cant understand it, and will not understand it until someone would actually show the good things he did in the mercato(not making good out of nothing), they tend to ignore the bad parts, and there were too many to even count.

Hardly planned? I think people that say we fail to plan is insane. Honestly buyin big names with no plan for stability or money to keep it constant is failing to plan. No one or two players wanting to leave or failing will kill us right now. NO ONE. Thats a good plan. Spending 60 om isco and another 35 on some striker everyone wants might be a great mercato and might get high ratings but if they fail or get hurt or whatever else the reason we are doomed to fail in a few years. Its just not sustainable. We arent Madrid,Barca,Manure or an oil club so actually what you call not planning is the very essence of planning.

We have so many talented youngster with such a core of older experienced players that we are detined to be in the CL(which wasnt close to a guarantee before moratta) every year as well as being the favorite for serie a every year. Yes we were close to being the CL final 4 every year. But for how long? Do you make the push and splash money and not invet in the future? Thats one way and then we will go through a strong rebuiling period in 3-4 years. Unfortunately we couldnt keep vidal which we couldnt control or Pirlo or Tevez all in one Mercato. Knowing this you have to invest in the immediate and in the future. We did both. Players like Mandzukic, Sandro, Khedira, Hernanes insure we are competitive immediately. Dybala is a investment for the future that can contribute immediately as well as players like Rugani, Lemina, etc.

It has to be said that when you have a strong defense you can be pretty stable regardless. Barza is on his last leg with Chiellini hopefully holding on while Buffon and Licht are winding down as well.(still high level but replacing them has to be thought about)
Now put off rebuilding now and get an isco or whatever and in a few years Isco is going to want the hell out when our back line is in hsmables, Marchisio is done and Pogs leaves

I will make a stand and say due to the things we couldnt control(pirlo tevez and Vidal) we did a hell of a job in gettin quality in for both now and the futere. I think it was extremely well planned
something i dont understand, mandzukic - khedira - hernanes insure we are competitive? in which competition? coppa italia? not even 1 of them supposed to be in juve starting 11.

so purchasing isco would be considered lack of planning(though allegri said it himself the plan is to bring a number 10), but purchasing zaza and mandzukic - 2 target man while you aready have 2 target man, for 40 mil is a masterplan?

purchasing hernanes in the last minute due to marrota failure to land a real number 10 in 2 months was planned?

couldnt control vidal departure? thats an easy thing to say.
vidal said that the reason he left was because he did not believe juve could make it to CL glory, who should we blame if not marrota\juve management for that?
a key player\star does not believe in the club to be a top club after a season in which we are almost with a treble, losing only to barcelona in the final.
the club lost only tevez and had 80-125mil to spend at that time, and you want to tell me it was out of control?

Just out of curiosity what would people have wanted to happen knowing that vidal pirlo and tevez leave?
well if you cant get your hands on good players\proper replacements(which is an excuse, good players are always out there you just have to search for them), just save the cash for next transfer windows. it doesnt mean you have to spend it without thinking.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
5/10 from me on this mercato. It could have been so much better if Marotta was just willing to use the Vidal money to get a proper AM to improve the team.

Positives,

Alex Sandro (Good deal)
Dybala (Seems like a good investment so far)
Mandzukic (Paid a little too much)

Negatives

Tevez (gifted him away)
Llorente (for free)
Vidal (Worth more than 37 million)
Hernanes (good player but not going to improve us)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Even boca fucking low balled us for Tevez, I mean does anyone seriously think Vadala will break into the first team? early days perhaps but Allegri was practically over looking him in pre season already and admitted that he knew almost nothing about the player. Again goes to show how spineless the management are when it comes to giving into players demands when they want to leave.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Even boca fucking low balled us for Tevez, I mean does anyone seriously think Vadala will break into the first team? early days perhaps but Allegri was practically over looking him in pre season already and admitted that he knew almost nothing about the player. Again goes to show how spineless the management are when it comes to giving into players demands when they want to leave.
anyone knows if this guy has a gf? dude doesnt seem happy with life at all

Apr 19, 2007
well, considering you have focused only on the meaningless part of my post(though your first post did make me laugh), ill just say that it wasnt my intention. i said that i joined mainly because people rate this mercato as a very good one because i am hearing it everywhere(not only in this forum), most of the people praise marrota, and i just cant understand it, and will not understand it until someone would actually show the good things he did in the mercato(not making good out of nothing), they tend to ignore the bad parts, and there were too many to even count.

something i dont understand, mandzukic - khedira - hernanes insure we are competitive? in which competition? coppa italia? not even 1 of them supposed to be in juve starting 11.

so purchasing isco would be considered lack of planning(though allegri said it himself the plan is to bring a number 10), but purchasing zaza and mandzukic - 2 target man while you aready have 2 target man, for 40 mil is a masterplan?

purchasing hernanes in the last minute due to marrota failure to land a real number 10 in 2 months was planned?

couldnt control vidal departure? thats an easy thing to say.
vidal said that the reason he left was because he did not believe juve could make it to CL glory, who should we blame if not marrota\juve management for that?
a key player\star does not believe in the club to be a top club after a season in which we are almost with a treble, losing only to barcelona in the final.
the club lost only tevez and had 80-125mil to spend at that time, and you want to tell me it was out of control?

well if you cant get your hands on good players\proper replacements(which is an excuse, good players are always out there you just have to search for them), just save the cash for next transfer windows. it doesnt mean you have to spend it without thinking.

Yes I believe that due to the fact that we lost 2 starting mids Khedira is a huge help for free. Yes risky due to injuries bbut not bc he was free. Hernanes is a stop gap but that in itself is planning to invest in the future in a proper am and not freaking out right now and overspending
Vidal said we couldnt compete when we went to the final and had that money to spend. You see that as a management problem but I see that as he wanted out. Did he not know we had money? He wanted something new and be part of a better squad which unfortunately he did

The striker situation is a bit strange but Morata is proven with us and he was the only one. Llorente was past it and wasnt on our level nor did he give the workrate required out of Allegri. Mandzukic was a great signing and gives us much more than Llorente. Dybala was an interesting signing and it can be critisized I suppose but we believed in him and he was one of the few players young and of quality.
Zaza is plain weird and honesly dont know what to think. Clearly it has to do with him being young,on low wages, and have a resale value if things go bad. Also its a lot to do with next years Berrardi deal I think.

Lemina is young and high potential. Rugani has tremendous upside
Sandro I dint think anyone argues with.

The big question is do you not think having Madnzukic,Khedira, and Dybala give us a great chance at the scudetto and the future of our club be well off?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
5.5-6/10 is a fair rating, with the pick of the transfers being Sandro, and the dark horses being Lemina and Hernanes*. The latter two could easily add another couple of points to the mercato basis how they gel into the team, squad and gameplay. Hernanes may just turn out to be Marrotta's greatest panic buy ever. A position currently held by Quag.

*Without meaning for it to sound racist. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)