Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (2 Viewers)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I dont remember what I voted but I'd go for a five now. Not because I care about player prices being too low or high but because of how unbalanced the team is. The only passer in the team is marchisio and I really hope he stays injury free and at last season's form. If hernanes can do the same job from deep then I'll be okay because as things stand we only have ball winners and marchisio has one season only as a regista. Pirlo should have been replaced. At least we had players that can fill in as ball winners in Asamoah, Staruro and Padoin. Pogba could do vidal's job too. So the lack of a passer is a big problem for me.

Similarly we have 3 CFs in Mandzukic, Morata and Zaza. To me Zaza is completely unnecessary especially that he was expensive and is not an SS. Dybala is our only SS and is way too young to be expected to be the main creative outlet of a club of our stature. We should have went after jovetic or even balotelli instead of Zaza. They are both by far more talented and would have fit the squad requirements better. In any case we lack a good SS and have an extra useless CF.

The AM position is still not properly addressed. I'd be okay if we had managed to get a passing CM and then had hernanes as pereyra's alternative since the midfield would have still been decent. But without a passing CM and only hernanes our midfield lacks creativity a lot and Dybala not being at Tevez's level doesn't stop the bleeding of creativity.

Allegri has his work set out for him. A good coach should be expected to struggle with this squad. A great coach can manage to achieve a lot with it the way Conte did in 2011. I wont blame allegri if we are under whelming this season. I'll only see him as inferior to Conte. Marotta would shoulder the blame though for giving Allegri this squad and expecting great luck with injuries.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Our mercato wasn't that bad IMO, we were an old team and needed to bring young blood to the squad. This could be called a "transition year", even if I don't believe that any chance of titles is lost.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Our mercato wasn't that bad IMO, we were an old team and needed to bring young blood to the squad. This could be called a "transition year", even if I don't believe that any chance of titles is lost.
Good mercato or not, the players we have at our disposal should be more than enough to defeat the likes of Frosinone, Udinese and Chievo at home. Allegri has made some tactical/personnel mistakes along the way and Marotta also didn't complete the team (to compete competitively on all three fronts) but the two draws we've had recently fall more on the players than anyone else IMO. Shit finishing and retarted and naive play in both games.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
In transitioning, you can make a balanced squad that just needs to gell or you can build a squad that has one distributor. We are not the only team adding tons of players. The other team that is doing that was terrible last season, has no winning mentality, and is now ten points ahead of us.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah but they are coming from a different angle and will have more hunger, we are relying on quality right now. I wonder how long it'll truly take us to realise that what won us titles was grafting for points in every game.

Apr 29, 2006
Yeah but they are coming from a different angle and will have more hunger, we are relying on quality right now. I wonder how long it'll truly take us to realise that what won us titles was grafting for points in every game.
Come on - most players know that very well. It just takes some time until we gel and establish a structure. Injuries are definitely killing us too, but this team has tons of potential.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We average 21.2 shots per game, the highest in the league. Roma is 2nd at 20.6 shots per game. Inter has been more clinical obviously with their 1-0 wins averaging only 16 shots per game.

Our problem is in front of goal, it isn't in the "team unit" at this point anymore. We have more than enough chances to finish off the game.

We simply don't take advantage of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the City game, we were clinical and took our chances well. We won. Is it no surprise that as many as we miss during the league games its only a matter of time until we conceded a silly goal?

OP
Cheesio

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
  • Thread Starter #452
    Shooting from outside the box, hitting birds in the sky are not clear chances, yesterday from 36 shots we only had like 5 clear chances. We are not organized right now, seemed yesterday like a bunch of individuals who are trying to score one at a time. Everyone wanted to do it alone.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Incredible hustini is still banging on about shots per game.
    That stat isn't a good way to judge our creativity or our clinicality of our strikers atleast for most part.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    We still should have scored 2 or 3 goals last night, let's be honest. And that is against a team with everyone stood in a line defending. Often you'll get better chances once you have scored a goal or two, because the opposition is forced to do something else than defending. Frosinone never did, because they simply weren't good enough to go up against us. Their only threat came from set pieces, and their tactics revolved around hoofing the ball or passing to Soddimo to cross in.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    We still should have scored 2 or 3 goals last night, let's be honest. And that is against a team with everyone stood in a line defending. Often you'll get better chances once you have scored a goal or two, because the opposition is forced to do something else than defending. Frosinone never did, because they simply weren't good enough to go up against us. Their only threat came from set pieces, and their tactics revolved around hoofing the ball or passing to Soddimo to cross in.
    Zaza can't shoot
    Pereyra can't shoot
    Cuadrado can't shoot

So during the entire first half our attacking line consisted of players who are not dangerous to the goal + 2 DMs in CM. It's on Allegri

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    :tup:

Let's see if that resonates with Cusp...

- - - Updated - - -

No consistency in our shooting is a problem throughout the team, from Pogba to Mandzukic.
    We should easily be winning games. We are losing points in front of goal IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus we hit the post twice yesterday...

- - - Updated - - -

Zaza can't shoot
    Pereyra can't shoot
    Cuadrado can't shoot

So during the entire first half our attacking line consisted of players who are not dangerous to the goal + 2 DMs in CM. It's on Allegri
    zaza scored and he had a goal disallowed I think it's safe to take he and dybala off the can't shoot list, no?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    zaza scored and he had a goal disallowed I think it's safe to take he and dybala off the can't shoot list, no?
    Cantreadini please. Dybala never was on the can't shoot list.

And the Goalkeeper can stop Zaza's shot with his foot if there was no defender in the way deflecting it unpredictably

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)