Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (6 Viewers)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Someone

Sep 4, 2015
Yes I believe that due to the fact that we lost 2 starting mids Khedira is a huge help for free. Yes risky due to injuries bbut not bc he was free. Hernanes is a stop gap but that in itself is planning to invest in the future in a proper am and not freaking out right now and overspending
Vidal said we couldnt compete when we went to the final and had that money to spend. You see that as a management problem but I see that as he wanted out. Did he not know we had money? He wanted something new and be part of a better squad which unfortunately he did

The striker situation is a bit strange but Morata is proven with us and he was the only one. Llorente was past it and wasnt on our level nor did he give the workrate required out of Allegri. Mandzukic was a great signing and gives us much more than Llorente. Dybala was an interesting signing and it can be critisized I suppose but we believed in him and he was one of the few players young and of quality.
Zaza is plain weird and honesly dont know what to think. Clearly it has to do with him being young,on low wages, and have a resale value if things go bad. Also its a lot to do with next years Berrardi deal I think.

Lemina is young and high potential. Rugani has tremendous upside
Sandro I dint think anyone argues with.

The big question is do you not think having Madnzukic,Khedira, and Dybala give us a great chance at the scudetto and the future of our club be well off?
khedira joined for free but the question is, how available would he be? eventually he sits on a huge wage which could help bringing in key players that can actually play. and the fact is that you cant count on him - i responded to what you said about those players being an insurance.
hernanes in itself is planning because it prevents us from overspending on AM right now? draxler for 37mil is not overspending, if he can put 40mil on dybala he could have put 50mil on draxler.
and an old player that could not make it in inter, a team that finished 8th, its no where near insurance.
there are no excuses on hernanes, overspending is what marrota did in this mercato regardless of an AM.

vidal knew we had the money but he also saw marrota wasting it. he saw mandzukic, zaza, khedira in while pirlo and tevez out, you cant blame him for leaving, stars out while fading players in, theres no reason he shouldnt be leaving to a squad that can actually compete in CL instead of being part of marrota experiments.
i doubt he wouldve left if marrota wouldve brought a guy in the calibre of tevez.

regarding your question -
having mandzukic would not add much to juve, morata is much more versatile and should always be 1st choice. same with khedira, asamoah should always be preferred over him. also both are pretty old and will probably depart the club in the near future, so future wise it wont help at all.
dybala is very young and could fail like many other youngsters did, though he shouldnt be juventus problem, and i would say he should be one that will lead juventus attack in the future.
also even without those 3 and without tevez and vidal juventus should be the favourite for the scudetto due to lack of rivals.

but the real question is, how well juventus did in the mercato compared to actual plans\achievements needed and how well did juve do with each deal, considering all aspects.
juve after a great season, second only to barca with great squad should have been at the same level with bayern and barca this season with no doubts, even without tevez and vidal, marrota had 125mil - huge budget to do this.

Buy on AliExpress.com

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Marotta is a smart man and has pulled off some good transfers for Juventus (Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Tevez etc).

Times have changed though in a very short period of time. That Vidal deal for 10,5m is never going to happen again.

Now market prices are defined by the player's potential, not actual worth in that moment. Hence, Kovacic for 35m, Dybala for 40m and Coman even might go for 28m.

He's good at smaller and cheaper deals, but I question his negotiation skills when it comes to the big ones.

I hate to say it, but I don't trust Marotta with that 100m we could get for Pogba. For every Morata there is a Zaza, for every Lichtsteiner there is an Isla and the list goes on.

Quality over quantity is clearly not an agenda at this club under Marotta, and that's not going to push this club forward in my eyes. Marotta has been wasteful with some of the money.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
Everybody will forget about this mercato and start thinking of the coming one by then.
Yes, but alot of these signings are better viewed in retrospect. Case in point was last years Mercato. A lot of posters were quetioning the ammount we spent on a RM benchplayer in Morata at the expense of selling our half owned, home grown capocannoniere (Immobile). One year and many crucial CL goals later, Morata is an indipensible part of the team, while Immobile flopped spectacularly in Dortmund. The outlay on Pereyra was criticized, I think he's proven to be an extremely solid utility player. Evra was past his shelf date? He's solidified himself at lb.

I remember the meltdown when we signed Pirlo, a "washed up has been",we know how that worked. The "loser" Allegri as Conte's replacement? Domestic double plus getting to within a breath ofa treble. In short, signings are better viewed in hindsight.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
anybody who voted 7 or up would change their grade already? i'm sticking to my 5, and leaning forward a worst grade if lemina would fail.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
anybody who voted 7 or up would change their grade already? i'm sticking to my 5, and leaning forward a worst grade if lemina would fail.
Those who voted 7 or above think we have a chance at the title this season, they still do.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I said 2/10 in the short run & 7/10 in the long term :D

So far my prediction has turned out correct, now for the important part :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Why did you vote 3 only?
Looking at this transfer window, there are a lot more negatives than positives for me.

+ Rejuvenation
+ A few intriguing additions
- Too many changes
- We spent enough money to get us established players, but we got "intriguing" ones instead.
- Some of these intriguing players play even more intriguing positions, considering our usual formations. I sense a lack of planning / vision.
- Not enough Italians (no joke, I honestly mean this)
- Poor timing (though I've often felt this way previous years as well)

Unlike most people I don't mind the fact that Pirlo & Tevez left, nor do I really mind how it happened. Vidal leaving was a shame, but I'm more or less ok with that as well. Hell, I even think the transfer sum was fair enough.
But I just don't see any short term replacements for these guys.

Let's be honest though: 1 point after 3 games is unacceptable. Regardless of how our transfer campaign went.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Looking at this transfer window, there are a lot more negatives than positives for me.

+ Rejuvenation
+ A few intriguing additions
- Too many changes
- We spent enough money to get us established players, but we got "intriguing" ones instead.
- Some of these intriguing players play even more intriguing positions, considering our usual formations. I sense a lack of planning / vision.
- Not enough Italians (no joke, I honestly mean this)
- Poor timing (though I've often felt this way previous years as well)

Unlike most people I don't mind the fact that Pirlo & Tevez left, nor do I really mind how it happened. Vidal leaving was a shame, but I'm more or less ok with that as well. Hell, I even think the transfer sum was fair enough.
But I just don't see any short term replacements for these guys.

Let's be honest though: 1 point after 3 games is unacceptable. Regardless of how our transfer campaign went.
I can agree with most of these points, but which Italians should we have signed? The only truly WC one not in our team is Verratti, and he's pretty much unattainable. Berardi, we'll get him next year, and with all the other new guys incoming it's probable better this way.

Also, it's true that we didn't get adequate short-term replacements or established WC players (Alex Sandro and Cuadrado probably coming closest here), but who in that mould could we have gotten?

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I can agree with most of these points, but which Italians should we have signed? The only truly WC one not in our team is Verratti, and he's pretty much unattainable. Berardi, we'll get him next year, and with all the other new guys incoming it's probable better this way.
We signed a bunch of players, none of whom are world class. So why should WC be a requirement when signing Italians?

But I do obviously admit that there aren't too many Italians to choose from these days.

Also, it's true that we didn't get adequate short-term replacements or established WC players (Alex Sandro and Cuadrado probably coming closest here), but who in that mould could we have gotten?
I don't know who was or wasn't available and for which prices, so I can't answer that.

I can only judge based on the facts: We replaced "certainties" with potential.

And if we really, absolutely, couldn't do better on the transfer market, for whatever reason, then that's that and I won't bitch or moan about it. But that doesn't mean I like or rate what's happened.

That also doesn't mean I now dislike Marotta / the management or want him / them fired. Far from it.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
We signed a bunch of players, none of whom are world class. So why should WC be a requirement when signing Italians?

But I do obviously admit that there aren't too many Italians to choose from these days.

I don't know who was or wasn't available and for which prices, so I can't answer that.

I can only judge based on the facts: We replaced "certainties" with potential.

And if we really, absolutely, couldn't do better on the transfer market, for whatever reason, then that's that and I won't bitch or moan about it. But that doesn't mean I like or rate what's happened.

That also doesn't mean I now dislike Marotta / the management or want him / them fired. Far from it.
It's a valid assessment imo, as I said I do have a problem with how large the overhaul was, even if I can get behind pretty much all signings individually.

Concerning Verratti, he'd be my dream signing probably, especially with us not having the central midfield we used to have anymore, but there was no way that PSG would've let him go for under 60-70 million.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It's a valid assessment imo, as I said I do have a problem with how large the overhaul was, even if I can get behind pretty much all signings individually.

Concerning Verratti, he'd be my dream signing probably, especially with us not having the central midfield we used to have anymore, but there was no way that PSG would've let him go for under 60-70 million.
Same here, more or less.
I don't really have a lot of issues with the individuals themselves, apart from Mandzukic (who I think is not suitable for us).

Agreed on Veratti as well.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Unlike most people I don't mind the fact that Pirlo & Tevez left, nor do I really mind how it happened.
:tup:

the outgoing part of our mercato was more or less tolerable. even selling vidal for 37 at the age of 28 makes some sense.

our midfield purchases are utterly disappointing, though. i have no particular problems with hernanes or khedira, they would have been cool backup options last year. but as starters, come on... there were plenty of great midfielders who were available this summer, i'd say a mercato with kondogbia, allan (for 11m he was tremendous value as well) and firmino would have been an easy 9/10 for me. my only hope left is lemina who has great potential, but even if he performs 10x better than expected, he's just one midfielder. we'd still need 2 to get our midfield choices back on last year's level. unfortunately a miraculous asamoah recovery and a healthy khedira are something we can't rely on.

i told it before: our keepers are great, i love the way marotta got rid of ogbonna and replaced him with rugani, alex sandro was by far the best left back on the market, and i'm mostly happy with our strikers. but the midfield, the most important part of the team was ruined this summer. marotta's first mercato when he really and undeniably choked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)