'Murica! (62 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
What I don't like about this article is that it makes it seem that banning all people from Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt, etc. would somehow be acceptable, when it's just as stupid, xenophobic, unfair, and damaging as what he's doing now.
:tup: Very true. It however shows that the US goal is not fighting terrorism, it never was. It's 1) creating a baseless feeling of fear (and i have yet so see a people SO scared and so vulnerable to falling for those stories as people of the US, it's unbelievable and 2) having an excuse to go to wars and meddle in other countries' affairs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's the amusing bit. He's not doing what he said.

He promised to build a wall and that Mexico would pay it.
He's building a wall, but American taxpayers are going to pay for it, one way or another.

He promised to ban all Muslim immigrants and refugees.
He's banned them, but only from 7 countries whose citizens haven't even been involved in attacks on US soil.

He said he would drain the swamp, and be anti-establishment.
His cabinet appointments are as "establishment" as is possible.

These people are too ignorant to realize that he's passing off a semblance of his campaign promises as fulfilling them. Which is all fine and dandy. He's proving to be just another establishment politician, with a few more lies tossed in than usual.

I would know. I live in a small conservative town, our company has employed a plethora of them over the years, and works with a surplus more in the trades.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We arent talking what is right.

We are talking about exactly how they think and feel about what Trump says.

They are applauding him. I watch democratix MSM trash this, i watch Fox/Breit support it a bit/alot.

I see the feeds of reps on social media pages on facebook and instagram explode with praise.

Trumps antics are adored by these people. And they arent going to listen to someone telling them how they should feel.

Bannon was right. The media has bias. Fox&friends for reps, democratix MSN for Obama and dems.
They lost connection with the common worker. So the common worker doesnt give a shit if some upty democrat says trump is wrong and why. They see him do what he said he would when they voted for him.
I know.

But they will also hate him when it turns out that it wasn't in their best intrest. People don't acknowledge their own mistakes. They will hold Trump accountable even if he did what he said he would. It's not fair, but it's how it works.

And as for the media, I agree. In fact I think that by bashing Trump they made him gain momentum.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup: Very true. It however shows that the US goal is not fighting terrorism, it never was. It's 1) creating a baseless feeling of fear (and i have yet so see a people SO scared and so vulnerable to falling for those stories as people of the US, it's unbelievable and 2) having an excuse to go to wars and meddle in other countries' affairs.

A family friend who grew up in Romania behind the Iron Curtain once told me that the difference between people in the Soviet Bloc and people in America is that the vast majority of people in the Soviet Bloc knew they were being manipulated by the government and the media whereas most Americans eat propaganda up without questioning it, believing their sources unconditionally from whichever side of the partisan divide they reside upon, and have no clue they are being manipulated.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I know.

But they will also hate him when it turns out that it wasn't in their best intrest. People don't acknowledge their own mistakes. They will hold Trump accountable even if he did what he said he would. It's not fair, but it's how it works.

And as for the media, I agree. In fact I think that by bashing Trump they made him gain momentum.
There is a good article fromis de sauer, prof on. Antwerp univ on deredactie.be

Its about looking like the big.leader who does what he promised. They wont question further.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Not just that, but Zach said he's against Hilary because she's in the pockets of the military complex, but finds no qualms justifying this

- - - Updated - - -
@swag https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-s-first-latin-american-president/?tid=sm_fb
The bit about the "shirtless people" reminded me of Khomeini's revolution of the "barefoot people"; those who contributed the most to the revolution and sacrificed the most to protect the country in the war, and were eventually ignored the most afterwards.

- - - Updated - - -

A family friend who grew up in Romania behind the Iron Curtain once told me that the difference between people in the Soviet Bloc and people in America is that the vast majority of people in the Soviet Bloc knew they were being manipulated by the government and the media whereas most Americans eat propaganda up without questioning it, believing their sources unconditionally from whichever side of the partisan divide they reside upon, and have no clue they are being manipulated.
Even the poor in Iran with access only to the state tv and papers (zero access to the internet) are not that gullible. It's of course mostly because of the outstanding job the media has done in the US :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
There is a good article fromis de sauer, prof on. Antwerp univ on deredactie.be

Its about looking like the big.leader who does what he promised. They wont question further.
Funnily enough that's a very Russian attitude.

But I sort of disagree. I don't think it's that easy in America. Only time will tell though.

Imo Trump's first week was disastrous, but to be expected. I hope things will improve as he gains experience, but I doubt it.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The fear was already there, he just knew how to hit the spot and nourish it. It's the same people obsessed about guns and how "they're coming to kill their family and need to protect themselves".

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
The fear was already there, he just knew how to hit the spot and nourish it. It's the same people obsessed about guns and how "they're coming to kill their family and need to protect themselves".
:D

I saw plenty comments like that on facebook, couldn't believe my eyes.

Like they are the reason why Russia isn't invading them, it's not like US has the strongest army or something like that.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Mike Pence has changed his stance on the issue quite a bit as well during the past few months

Although he's probably gonna say that banning all people from seven muslim countries is something totally different of course

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Mike Pence has changed his stance on the issue quite a bit as well during the past few months

Although he's probably gonna say that banning all people from seven muslim countries is something totally different of course
Of course he changed. Normally it's the other around. He said what was most pragmatic back then, but Trump has ripped normality a new one. It looks like Trump's going for the "crazy" things he said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 50)