'Murica! (54 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's the point though. You are doing the same thing that they are by basing your arguments on hypothetical scenarios of terror.

All the actions Trump has done thus far are absolutely disgusting and in no way acceptable but we can't start judging people based on what they might do.
I think you misunderstood.

I'm not saying I will by definition be imprisoned. I'm saying I don't know. And thus I'd rather not take the risk.

That's the exact opposite of hypothesis.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
I think you misunderstood.

I'm not saying I will by definition be imprisoned. I'm saying I don't know. And thus I'd rather not take the risk.

That's the exact opposite of hypothesis.
Okay :tup:

And as I said even though I don't share that particular fear I wouldn't travel there at the moment either.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
@Seven if that's how you feel being on another continent imagine being an immigrant here right now. Being a passport holder could mean very little in a matter of months. I'm left with this uneasy feeling that I should be doing something, I want to but don't really know how as I fear for my family.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
@Seven if that's how you feel being on another continent imagine being an immigrant here right now. Being a passport holder could mean very little in a matter of months. I'm left with this uneasy feeling that I should be doing something, I want to but don't really know how as I fear for my family.
Yeah, I totally get the uneasiness. Not sure there is anything you can do though.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Well let me but it this way then. I'm sure white Europeans won't be imprisoned for no reason in the US. Let's not start resorting to the same scaremongering they have.
You're wrong. You don't know. You can't be sure. When a society slides this far down, anything goes.
il brutto is right, they'll actually have to justify why they detained a frenchman or dane, but they'd have nothing to explain if they'd detained say a Somali or a Iraqi.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
There have been 2 more court rulings this early morning in Massachusetts and Virginia which puts a 7 day restraining order on the Executive Order. Also, Reince Priebus just said that the ban does not extend to permanent residents.
Whatever side you're on, you can't just ignore the mess this thing has created. And this only concerns 2000-3000 travelers max. Just imagine what will happen when Obamacare is repealed.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
my sister, canadian/iranian citizen who works in the states on a work visa was told not to leave the country by her hr department.

she wanted to come visit me in the spring.

lol

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
There have been 2 more court rulings this early morning in Massachusetts and Virginia which puts a 7 day restraining order on the Executive Order. Also, Reince Priebus just said that the ban does not extend to permanent residents.
Whatever side you're on, you can't just ignore the mess this thing has created. And this only concerns 2000-3000 travelers max. Just imagine what will happen when Obamacare is repealed.
Sec of Homeland says he will honor the rulings.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Where are Andy, Zoso and Zach? I want to see them try to justify this.
He's doing this to look like a great big leader that does what he promises to the people who voted into power, and the first republican that dares to open his mouth will be politically dead and burried.

Thats why he does it. Do i justify it ? Offcourse not, its idiotic. Will it solve anything ? Nope, cause its idiotic. Will it only have negative consequences ? Yes, cause its idiotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Allow me to give an example on why its idiotic

Remember the attacks in Paris and Brussels airport ? Belgian born. No duel nationality, only Belgian nationality. Will get anywere.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
So the president candidate Zach supported have just done something he promised to his voters, yet calls this action idiotic, despite telling us to contain our judgement until Trump actually does something, but still supports him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Enron @Seven

Getting lost in all the furor over the Immigration ban...

Trump kicked the Director of National Intelligence and The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff off his National Security Council and replaced them with Priebus and Bannon.

What the actual fuck. :rofl:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So the president candidate Zach supported have just done something he promised to his voters, yet calls this action idiotic, despite telling us to contain our judgement until Trump actually does something, but still supports him.

Do people support a person because they agree on every single point on the electionagenda ?

Or do people support the person with whom they degree on the most points and they find important ?

I supported Trump over Clinton purely on their different view on how the US should behave in International conflicts and meddeling in other country's in the first place. Especially Syria.

Please, do inform us peasants on who you support, so i can find some interesting agenda points to ask you about :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Impeached in 3... 2... 1
Trump cannot be impeached for at least two years. Its time to give up that sillyness

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Do people support a person because they agree on every single point on the electionagenda ?

Or do people support the person with whom they degree on the most points and they find important ?

I supported Trump over Clinton purely on their different view on how the US should behave in International conflicts and meddeling in other country's in the first place. Especially Syria.

Please, do inform us peasants on who you support, so i can find some interesting agenda points to ask you about :baus:
The ban and the wall should be enough to counter any arguments in favor of Trump. The man is straight up crazy.

Hillary is gone, no valid reasons whatsoever for you or anyone sane to continue supporting him.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/a-clarifying-moment-in-american-history/514868/
@Seven @CrimsonianKing

A good piece on just how nightmarish this first week of Trump has been and how his temperament and the people he surrounds himself won't allow it to ever get any better. But the finish is a good one for inspiring a bit of hope in these rather depressing days.

There is nothing great about the America that Trump thinks he is going to make; but in the end, it is the greatness of America that will stop him.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

:lol: I really wonder if most of the people that voted for him are starting to feel retarded yet. I know for a fact that some supporters of him actually applaud the ban. Oh well, at least it's nice to see people get passionate about our government.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)