Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (59 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I watched "Lawless" god it was so SLOW (what a disappointment, but I am willing to do anything for Mr Guy Pearce), and when it was about to reach the climax my pirated DVD got stuck. :(
Lawless is definitely one of the better productions to come out of hollywood recently. Quality script, quality directing and quality acting.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
If he sticks to picking quality roles he'll become a legend. So many good movies and characters and he's still so young.

I loved "Have you met my brother Howard?" :lol2:
His next roles are mad max, al Capone and Sam fisher in a splinter cell movie.. all mainstream movies but if done right could be great.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
His next roles are mad max, al Capone and Sam fisher in a splinter cell movie.. all mainstream movies but if done right could be great.
i didn't know about his al capone role , don't have my hopes up for the splinter cell movie , can't wait for mad max , road warrior :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

On other news i just finished total recall

Now it may be because i have seen the original , but to me it seemed that this movie spoilt itself . I'll explain

From the first trailer you imediatly knew that his wife was a bad guy(girl :D) . Also the way the movie started with the scene of him an jessica biel escaping those robocops it imediatly spoilt it (i mean him not knowing shit and than realizing he was a spy , was one of the best plot twists in the original , in this one you pratically got a hint about it since the first minute) . In the orinigal one there were a lot of unpredictable plot twist , this one was much more predictable . There were some nice/wierd scenes like the one with his friend telling him that it was all a dream , it was interesting to see how he would react , because considering the inside logic of the movie it all could have been possible , but i didn't like when she pointed a gun at him and than didn't shoot him , after which he shot his friend . It totally seemed out of context of what was happening and it went from a nice scene to a confusing "what the fuck is happening" scene . Also i would have liked it more if Kate Beckinsale :heart: played the main lead , althrough she fitted the bad girl role more . And i think they played the three titted prostitute :lol: card to early

All in all it was not that bad , but i think that it had potential to be much more than that

- - - Updated - - -

If he sticks to picking quality roles he'll become a legend. So many good movies and characters and he's still so young.

I loved "Have you met my brother Howard?" :lol2:
Agree , he knows how to pick them , he has done some wrong choices , but who doesn't . Still right now he is one of the best upcoming talents

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I actually just finally got around to watching watching Lawless and thought it was brilliant i didn't find it boring at all... Tom Hardy is the best actor in the world right now.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I actually just finally got around to watching watching Lawless and thought it was brilliant i didn't find it boring at all... Tom Hardy is the best actor in the world right now.
I liked it too. Tom Hardy was good, but I really disliked his accent. And I'm not a Shia LeBouf fan but he was decent. It was a solid movie. Good find by Bob and Harvey.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree on all points but I wanted more action, too much dialogue (even though good). It was just unsuitable at the time, I couldn't concentrate
Watch Public Enemies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Im not a Shia LeBeuf fan either i really disliked him in this movie, was his character meant to be disliked or liked? I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be the hero of the coward. His Character reminded me of Orlando Bloom in Thor only he came good in the end.

And Tom's accent didn't bother me i actually think his ability to use different accents in movies is one of his greatest strengths i couldn't understand what he was saying half the time and this made the film more realistic for me as i would imagine a hill billy like he is portraying would be difficult to understand too... I'm from the country and most farmers around here mumble and splutter their words it would be hard to find any that speak fluently so i reckon he done a good job.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Im not a Shia LeBeuf fan either i really disliked him in this movie, was his character meant to be disliked or liked? I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be the hero of the coward. His Character reminded me of Orlando Bloom in Thor only he came good in the end.

And Tom's accent didn't bother me i actually think his ability to use different accents in movies is one of his greatest strengths i couldn't understand what he was saying half the time and this made the film more realistic for me as i would imagine a hill billy like he is portraying would be difficult to understand too... I'm from the country and most farmers around here mumble and splutter their words it would be hard to find any that speak fluently so i reckon he done a good job.
have i missed something ?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

I didn't like his constant mumbling. He should just use the Bane voice in everything he does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)