Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (35 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm gonna avoid this thread til next friday when I see it, as I feared most if not all posts will be about it :p

I recenty seen two new movies, Machine gun preacher, which was pretty lame, felt like made for tv movie, only watched it for Gerard Butler, but so some meek attempt of making a movie about Kony/Sudan in the view of an american ex con turned preacher (its a true story).

Next one I saw was Get the Gringo with Mel Gibson, liked it, had its charms hehe. Mel Gibson the actor I allways liked (the director not so much), excells at doing gritty edgy characters that dont take themselves too seriously.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Even Heath (May he RIP) would be giving an applause to this epic conclusion, I do think that The Dark Knight is slightly better than The Dark Knight Rises most credit to Heath of course, but this conclusion is gonna leave you wanting more, I certainly did. It was such an epic movie! all hail sir Christopher Nolan!

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I'm gonna avoid this thread til next friday when I see it, as I feared most if not all posts will be about it :p

I recenty seen two new movies, Machine gun preacher, which was pretty lame, felt like made for tv movie, only watched it for Gerard Butler, but so some meek attempt of making a movie about Kony/Sudan in the view of an american ex con turned preacher (its a true story).

Next one I saw was Get the Gringo with Mel Gibson, liked it, had its charms hehe. Mel Gibson the actor I allways liked (the director not so much), excells at doing gritty edgy characters that dont take themselves too seriously.

Apocalyptooo!!

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Just got back from Dark Knight Rises. Unbelievable movie, and the last three minutes of the film are probably the greatest 3 minutes in the history of time. Epic ending

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Saw Into The Wild last night.

Honestly, it was really pissing me off at first and I was pretty close to pressing stop. The angst of the main character about 'society' and his alienation of everyone that loved him was really annoying and I thought initially that Sean Penn was trying to validate these views and promote some sort of radical minimalist lifestyle. Thankfully I kept watching and realised that the opposite was true and I found it to be quite a beautiful film as a whole.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
So saw both The dark knight rises and the amazing spiderman. TDKR was awesome and that was not a surprise but the new spiderman sucks!

Just wanted to say Nolan is brilliant and the best thing he did with these batman movies is he adapoted the storylines and the relationship between batman and the villians from the old comics very well. Its a shame this was the last movie with this team.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
WΏΏdy;3770280 said:
So saw both The dark knight rises and the amazing spiderman. TDKR was awesome and that was not a surprise but the new spiderman sucks!

Just wanted to say Nolan is brilliant and the best thing he did with these batman movies is he adapoted the storylines and the relationship between batman and the villians from the old comics very well. Its a shame this was the last movie with this team.
Don't agree with the new spiderman sucks at all. The cast , writing and origin/ set up for a trilogy is much more complete and better than the older ones

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
The thing I found funny was that in the new spiderman, he is a really nerdy, intelligent teenager who is interested in science and technology. Yet when he searches up "sider bites" on his computer, instead of using google or even yahoo! he chooses to use "bing" LOL

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Apocalyptooo!!
Yeah I know, and its not the only one, and I dont doubt he has directed technically speaking good movies, the main thing I have with his movies is that they are so emotionally dishonest and manipulative, just made to pull on the strings in a more obvious way then I would like to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)