Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (57 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I didn't like Dr.Manhattan in it. Plus, you just didn't notice all the miniature details you did when reading the book. There's hidden clues everywhere and with the movie you can't really go over the same scene the same way you do with the book. It's also very well designed and sometimes that design itself holds more clues. Just my two cents.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I didn't like Dr.Manhattan in it. Plus, you just didn't notice all the miniature details you did when reading the book. There's hidden clues everywhere and with the movie you can't really go over the same scene the same way you do with the book. It's also very well designed and sometimes that design itself holds more clues. Just my two cents.
I'm in total agreement here. Movie didnt translate well from print

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The only way that the movie would have translated well is if it were 5 1/2 hours long.

Too many subleties missed in the movie. It was too ambitious for its own good.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, plus with other superhero movies I'm not expecting the kind of substance I would from Watchmen. Like with Batman or Superman and shit. I'm watching those because I like the superheroes and they're cool movies. Watchmen was a little more.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
The only way that the movie would have translated well is if it were 5 1/2 hours long.

Too many subleties missed in the movie. It was too ambitious for its own good.
should have been a trilogy but they wanted a one shot

---------- Post added 20.07.2012 at 16:16 ----------

Yeah, plus with other superhero movies I'm not expecting the kind of substance I would from Watchmen. Like with Batman or Superman and $#@!. I'm watching those because I like the superheroes and they're cool movies. Watchmen was a little more.
agreed although this Batman trilogy was full of substance.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Batman, Watchmen... I swear, whoever bitched here about obscure movies should be shot. I just can't stomach the film industry's equivalent to Justin Bieber.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

i dont know the book, and to me the movie was really entertaining. a movie is not supposed to mimic the book.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I know what you mean. I really recommend the book though. It's not one of those books you just read quickly either. The graphics add so much to the story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)