Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (59 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
dont give out spoilers ;) i see more to it
like what the intertwining of the DNA as in the answer lies within all of creation?

---------- Post added 19.07.2012 at 01:26 ----------

Honestly God and Jesus were the last thing on my mind. Now I feel like Satan. :p

Anyway D, to answer your original question, I think people generally love a good superhero because superheroes project a far superior version of of the human persona and portray characteristics that we probably won't mind having ourselves. It is the fantasy of what we wish we could be/do. In addition to this we also see part of ourselves in them. Haven't most of us fallen at some point and rose from whatever personal ashes? Superheroes represent a supersized version of it. So the "someone" may just very well be a projection of the me I want to be.
thats definitely a good assessment:tup:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Honestly God and Jesus were the last thing on my mind. Now I feel like Satan. :p

Anyway D, to answer your original question, I think people generally love a good superhero because superheroes project a far superior version of of the human persona and portray characteristics that we probably won't mind having ourselves. It is the fantasy of what we wish we could be/do. In addition to this we also see part of ourselves in them. Haven't most of us fallen at some point and rose from whatever personal ashes? Superheroes represent a supersized version of it. So the "someone" may just very well be me/you.

superior version? as in physical? nah id rather be smarter(once again why batman and ironman win). As for a sense of justice, there too i think it's pretty infantile and would not personally adhere to it, ultimately a "superman ought to be more like a Cesare Borgia than a Parsifal."

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
superior version? as in physical? nah id rather be smarter(once again why batman and ironman win). As for a sense of justice, there too i think it's pretty infantile and would not personally adhere to it, ultimately a "superman ought to be more like a Cesare Borgia than a Parsifal."
But you did ask about humanity in general. And I would really have to say hell yes to the flying. ;) But I hear you on being smarter...that's why I'd pick Batman over Superman any day.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
But you did ask about humanity in general. And I would really have to say hell yes to the flying. ;) But I hear you on being smarter...that's why I'd pick Batman over Superman any day.
its funny but my favorite comic book character is Batman, and as a Believer I will tell you why, because Batman shows all the depth of humanity in emotions, and skill, in decisions and there affects etc, superman on the other hand is like i explained above a Deity and I will never be that. Batman shows what man must do with what god has given him the good, bad and ugly

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
whats my twist? and if it my statement and observation than i can definitely tell you that you got the 'wrong' twist. The point here is asking 1. why this sense of justice that is not supported by nature? and 2. why look for an over-man type of agent to enforce it? why defer that responsibility?

FYI in case that was missed in my post, i am not looking for 'your' answers
You said it yourself. It's a way for people to comfort themselves by thinking justice is served. Everyone's been wronged in their lives before and Superman is seen as the guy who beats the bully, or the oppressing police, or the government. It's taking to them what they have had coming.

It doesn't abide by nature because a flying dude who can lift tanks is a lot scarier and cooler than someone who can't. Why do we defer that responsibility? Because the people who come up with stories are the ones who can't do anything to change the system. It's just a way of dealing with the pain.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You said it yourself. It's a way for people to comfort themselves by thinking justice is served. Everyone's been wronged in their lives before and Superman is seen as the guy who beats the bully, or the oppressing police, or the government. It's taking to them what they have had coming.

It doesn't abide by nature because a flying dude who can lift tanks is a lot scarier and cooler than someone who can't. Why do we defer that responsibility? Because the people who come up with stories are the ones who can't do anything to change the system. It's just a way of dealing with the pain.
not only have you no insight but your sight too seems to lacking, thanks for the 'answers' i wasnt looking for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)