Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (139 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
what is really interesting is how everyone is naturally inclined to an agent, usually with supernatural powers, that rises above the ashes of despair and cynicism to restore an entitled sense of justice not found in any darwin theorems/theories, doesnt it remind of 'someone'

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
what is really interesting is how everyone is naturally inclined to an agent, usually with supernatural powers, that rises above the ashes of despair and cynicism to restore an entitled sense of justice not found in any darwin theorems/theories, doesnt it remind of 'someone'
Good observation. Are you trying to say God is just a superhero made up by people who feel like there's no justice in the world? :agree:

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
Sometimes the fantasy is just better than reality baby! ;) Speaking for myself though, I think it's because this was part of my childhood so my curiosity flowed over into adulthood. What I am most attracted to now though is not the save the world plot that these movies all have in common but to see how they flesh out and give dimension to the characters.

have you watched all the production and behind the scene videos that Peter Jackson released on youtube?
You mean the one where they took a tour of the studio?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Sometimes the fantasy is just better than reality baby! ;) Speaking for myself though, I think it's because this was part of my childhood so my curiosity flowed over into adulthood. What I am most attracted to now though is not the save the world plot that these movies all have in common but to see how they flesh out and give dimension to the characters.

You mean the one where they took a tour of the studio?
it really does nothing but echo slogans and platitudes we hear everyday, thats why batman and ironman stand out imo less morality more questions and empowerment of the human.

---------- Post added 18.07.2012 at 23:56 ----------

Different perspectives. My twist isn't any more right or wrong than yours.
whats my twist? and if it my statement and observation than i can definitely tell you that you got the 'wrong' twist. The point here is asking 1. why this sense of justice that is not supported by nature? and 2. why look for an over-man type of agent to enforce it? why defer that responsibility?

FYI in case that was missed in my post, i am not looking for 'your' answers

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
it really does nothing but echo slogans and platitudes we hear everyday, thats why batman and ironman stand out imo less morality more questions and empowerment of the human.

---------- Post added 18.07.2012 at 23:56 ----------

whats my twist? and if it my statement and observation than i can definitely tell you that you got the 'wrong' twist. The point here is asking 1. why this sense of justice that is not supported by nature? and 2. why look for an over-man type of agent to enforce it? why defer that responsibility?

FYI in case that was missed in my post, i am not looking for 'your' answers
Did you know that superman was created to be a modern retelling of Jesus ?

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
He referred to the Darwin theory. It was pretty obvious what he was referring to, even though he's trying to put a double twist in it now :p

Honestly God and Jesus were the last thing on my mind. Now I feel like Satan. :p

Anyway D, to answer your original question, I think people generally love a good superhero because superheroes project a far superior version of of the human persona and portray characteristics that we probably won't mind having ourselves. It is the fantasy of what we wish we could be/do. In addition to this we also see part of ourselves in them. Haven't most of us fallen at some point and rose from whatever personal ashes? Superheroes represent a supersized version of it. So the "someone" may just very well be a projection of the me I want to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 134)