Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (60 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The Stone Merchant - An Italy-UK co-production. Walks the thin line between ludicrous & terrible. Not sure what the worst thing about this was: acting, the retarded score or the childlike direction. Avoid at all costs.

Frontières - Brutal French flick. Not that great though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Barber of Siberia

Usually I'm not big on lovestories being the centerpiece of the movie, but this was actually very moving. The movie is slow for the first 1h 10-20min but after that it really gets a hold of you and doesn't let go. Julia Ormond is fantastic.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Barber of Siberia

Usually I'm not big on lovestories being the centerpiece of the movie, but this was actually very moving. The movie is slow for the first 1h 10-20min but after that it really gets a hold of you and doesn't let go. Julia Ormond is fantastic.
Sounds like my kind of film.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
There used to be much more good stuff when Fellini and De Sica were making films.
:agree: Everything from the brilliant opening Christ-on-a-copter scene in La Dolce Vita to the awesome comedic rapport between Sophia Loren and Marcello Mastroianni in Ieri, oggi, domani... :tup:

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Finally watched Dark Knight Rises. Bane was fucking amazing. What a movie, can't wait to watch it again.

Also watched The Prestige for the first time. Knew it was going to be a mindfuck movie, so I figured it all out from the start :D Great movie though, can't believe I hadn't watched it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Also watched The Prestige for the first time. Knew it was going to be a mindfuck movie, so I figured it all out from the start :D Great movie though, can't believe I hadn't watched it.
Word, it's a great movie. But I do like The Illusionist better :agree:

I can't wait to watch Batman though I have no idea when will that be :sad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)