Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (37 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You dont know the Bane character much do you? (original one) The fact that the twist was he was working for Talia is the most authentic bit of all when it comes to the character, he is a menacing and manipulative one man wrecking machine, but he allways been someones loyal henchman/tool of aggression, and him being head of League of Shadows made little sense, made much more sense he was working for Talia as revealed. Even if IMO the main weak points of the movie is how rashly/rushed they handled the Miranda/Talia character and in overall her scenes of explaining her motives bit over dramtically (plus her death scene was meh).

And FYI, Tom Hardy did a very good job, he was extremely imposing in almost all of his scenes, the best scenes from the movie are entirely with him, first fight with Batman and his lines there, and every single he uttered when he brought Batman to that prison (mental torture to the core), his lines were haunting. His performance has been praised. Thats despite the fact of the challenge of him acting with a frigging mask on entire of it (very limiting for an actor). Had only his eyes to use really to use to convey much really, and boy did he. Hehe the scene where he told Daggert "Do you feel in charge", talk about utter menacing mofo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
FYI he did an okay job according to what I saw and that was not good enough for me. Maybe you're satisfied by mediocrity but I am not so don't FYI me with subjective crap again. Secondly comic's Bane was spurred on by his own intentions which has no baring on this movie as far I was concerned because all the characters digressed from their originals and I was speaking in terms of movie Bane.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Risa - one of these days you'll have to post us a picture of your secret wardrobe - all the superhero suits you have lying around somewhere. Anyone who is deemed worthy of making the cut must be in for one kinky ride :numnum:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Lol you think Bane was bad, but Bruce and Selena hit it off well? It came out of NOWHERE, Nolan didnt spend any time building up there repoir/chemistry whatsoever, thats how he handled romance in general in the movie, he meets Miranda, two scenes later sleeps with her. He chases Selena, barely has any worthwhile "hitting it off" dialogue with her, no real tit-for-tat dialogue with any tension at all, and out of the blue she is his romantic interest at the last scenes. It was handled poorly. Not that I care that much, not watching this for the romance, bit could defenitely done better job building up some sparks between them. Both actors/characters were real good on their own, but zero indication of getting together until the end

Lilith

Immortelle
May 19, 2006
I thought it was pretty shitty to put them together at the end. I don't know if that's how the original story went, but it didn't seem right to me.
Selina and Bruce were never together in an official capacity to my knowledge. They were always lovers at some point/s in the series/comics though.

I was happy with it for the movie. :smile: Daws was never right for him and to me she never really loved him. He only went with Talia because it seemed that he was just following everyone else's wish for him to be happy. With Selina however, she was his equal in every way and she genuinely liked/respected/understood him. But I know what you mean though. You want your Caped Crusader to roll stag and always be the Caped Crusader and I can agree with that to some extent. But even Bruce grows old and hands over his mantle to Terry in the series/comics so I am glad that he has some measure of happiness in this one.
---------- Post added 27.07.2012 at 20:58 ----------

Lol you think Bane was bad
I thought the acting was mediocre Os. Read again please.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Watched it last night. Loved it. Thought Bale was brilliant as Batman once again. Hathaway was surprisingly good in her role as Catwoman, although I thought the chemistry with her and Bale was ok but quite awkward at times.

Bane was awesome, scary, physically imposing, and interesting. Thought the voice was a bit too muffled at times, but I thought Hardys body language (which was very important considering he was wearing a mask) was top notch.

The final scene was epic. Absolutely epic.

Joseph Gordon Levitt <3. This dude is gonna be a star.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Levitt is an excellent actor, allways been interesting to see his and Ryan Goslings career grow as adult actors from their kids/teen days by doing some seriously compelling performances in lesser known movies, its very cool to see them becoming Hollywood "A-listers (seeing quality of production improving in their movies been interesting), both quite versatile actors. Hope Levitt keeps on doing movies with Nolan. Looking forward to next movie he is in (just saw 50/50, heart felt performance even in a "comedy-"), called Looper, it looks quite cool:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, thats why I said quite versatile, pretty sweet and charming performance in 500 days of summer (one of the better romantic movies I seen), plus a host of quite different supporting roles in last years. Will be more interesting to see his movies now because he is more and more becoming the main lead character instead of supporting one.

---------- Post added 28.07.2012 at 04:15 ----------

RZA is moving up in the world, granted its a stylistic B-movie in the genre he allways been huge fan of an obbsessed in, but still pretty cool, directing and writing his own flick, cant wait to see it :D

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Saw Insidious last night with friends. I think we laughed through the whole movie. There was some 'scary' scenes, mainly because of the sudden loud sounds. They really overdid the loud sounds in this movie, specially the violin sounds. They could be showing the fucking refrigerator and you'd hear sudden violin sounds. Movies ok though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)