Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (41 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah about that, I have a bone to pick with you. I've never been to Egypt, but I bet it's a standard thing all over the world. When they sell you some drug there's always a little piece of paper that explains how to use it, side effects etc. What they do is fold this in half and stuff it into the box. Which means that every time you open the box you have to deal with the stupid folded paper that prevents you from closing it properly, making me more and more annoyed with it. :doh:

Oh yeah, I have the flu. But I think it's almost over now.
You can thank the world's lawyers. ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Yeah about that, I have a bone to pick with you. I've never been to Egypt, but I bet it's a standard thing all over the world. When they sell you some drug there's always a little piece of paper that explains how to use it, side effects etc. What they do is fold this in half and stuff it into the box. Which means that every time you open the box you have to deal with the stupid folded paper that prevents you from closing it properly, making me more and more annoyed with it. :doh:

Oh yeah, I have the flu. But I think it's almost over now.

:lol: to hell with not being able to close it martin i always get paper cut by those dumb ass pamphlets that u can never fold properly after reading it!!! i mean come on when someones ill he rarely has the ability to concentrate on anything other than getting past what ever pain his illness is causing him.

in egypt while medicine is great and cheap too the wrapping ( the box it self) falls apart even before u get home!!!! thats the only bone i have to pick with pharmaceutical firms here other than that, i usually threw the pamphlet ( which has some of my blood on it :D) in the garbage.

it would be great if they had the instructions, side effects etc on the back of the box it self this would make life soo much easier!! :D
Oh ya, been there :D

I'm doing fine, i got myself a job recently, few hours, good pay, so i'm optimistic about this year :tup:

congrats bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats terrific i'm sorry i did''nt pick up on that before now. i hope its the beginning of a great career fred. oh just for the record everytime u feel work is becoming a routine think of how awesome it is compared to studying and going to uni and u will feel soo much better :D bec apparently according to my mum i will miss uni once i get my self into the loop called a career ( she could'nt be further from reality)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:lol: to hell with not being able to close it martin i always get paper cut by those dumb ass pamphlets that u can never fold properly after reading it!!! i mean come on when someones ill he rarely has the ability to concentrate on anything other than getting past what ever pain his illness is causing him.

in egypt while medicine is great and cheap too the wrapping ( the box it self) falls apart even before u get home!!!! thats the only bone i have to pick with pharmaceutical firms here other than that, i usually threw the pamphlet ( which has some of my blood on it :D) in the garbage.

it would be great if they had the instructions, side effects etc on the back of the box it self this would make life soo much easier!! :D

congrats bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats terrific i'm sorry i did''nt pick up on that before now. i hope its the beginning of a great career fred. oh just for the record everytime u feel work is becoming a routine think of how awesome it is compared to studying and going to uni and u will feel soo much better :D bec apparently according to my mum i will miss uni once i get my self into the loop called a career ( she could'nt be further from reality)

Its just a part time job, i'm doing my masters at the same time. And get this, i got the job by a "wasta", while at the same time i'm writing a paper for one of my masters courses about the negative consequences of "wasta" in a mid eastern context. Never felt more hypocritical in my whole life :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Make sure those cuts are sterile, or you could get an infection. Even a hobo like me knows that :D

They could do that and it would correlate much better with the attention span of the half conscious patient :D Just the yesterday I was trying to read the instructions on the box and they're in Dutch (a language I half understand at this point) and I did not make it all the way to the bottom. :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
short cuts is the way to go to be honest B, i've come to the conclusion that all the shit they make u memorize is worthless in the real world. ( apart from three or four courses at best the rest are just theories that r never applied) i have friends who graduated and they tell me non of the bs we had to memorize is required unless u work in a pharmaceutical factory which is sth i dont plan on doing any time in my life time.
Yeah true that. Theres a lot of unpractical stuff i had to study in uni too, high school in fact is a zillion times worse in that case.

as for the book worm, i wish i can tell u she is like one of those nerds that show up on naughty america ( fred imagination would sure as hell be welcomed here!! :D) but that would be one heck of a lie, so to put it in a humane way lets say i look hotter than her even when i dont shave for a week!!! i say we leave it at that and dont u rub it in me!! i need her to get thru this hellish time :D and if it goes down to me playing a long that i have feelings for her so be it as long as i see the end of this dark dark tunnel!!!
:lol:

That's just nasty! Don't play with her feelings though because if she finds out you don't really feel that way for her, she give you notes with absolute rubbish on it.:D

last semester i had to hand in a lab manual and i simply did'nt know any of the answers so she told me oh ahmed give it to me i will do it for u and tomorrow u can hand it in! guess what i scored on that lab manual?!?!?! i got an A!! so sure i will swallow my fucking pride and keep kissing ass until i get out of here god help us all :D
You bad boy.:D:D:D

Sounds like she has the serious hots for you or she's that type that wants to please everybody.Either way you're in a tight spot & keep a McDonalds bag ready just in case she wants to cash in on all those notes & help she offered you.:D

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Its just a part time job, i'm doing my masters at the same time. And get this, i got the job by a "wasta", while at the same time i'm writing a paper for one of my masters courses about the negative consequences of "wasta" in a mid eastern context. Never felt more hypocritical in my whole life :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: u r amazing fred!!!!!!! well it is kind of hypocritical but hey with out wasta we would'nt be middle easterners now will we??? :D i hope the masters are going well with u bro :beer:

soon enough they will make the air we breath available only by wasta!! i would'nt put that beyond our wonderful nations :D

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Make sure those cuts are sterile, or you could get an infection. Even a hobo like me knows that :D

They could do that and it would correlate much better with the attention span of the half conscious patient :D Just the yesterday I was trying to read the instructions on the box and they're in Dutch (a language I half understand at this point) and I did not make it all the way to the bottom. :D

:lol: :lol: i know exactly what u mean Martin!! but hey that's not yr fault its the fault of the pharmacist who sold u the medicine!! he should've told u the summary (i,e what u really need to know cos the rest is just legal crap) of what u should know about the medication i,e dose.

Yeah true that. Theres a lot of unpractical stuff i had to study in uni too, high school in fact is a zillion times worse in that case.

:lol:

That's just nasty! Don't play with her feelings though because if she finds out you don't really feel that way for her, she give you notes with absolute rubbish on it.:D

You bad boy.:D:D:D

Sounds like she has the serious hots for you or she's that type that wants to please everybody.Either way you're in a tight spot & keep a McDonalds bag ready just in case she wants to cash in on all those notes & help she offered you.:D

:lol: :lol: :lol: u r evil B!!!! hey i'm not sending her any vibes that i have feelings for her, i think she just feels sorry for me :D and dear god i would need much more than a mc-donalds bag should she decide to cash on all the awesome notes she has provided me ( and goes with out saying these notes have been passed along to my other guy friends :D hey we r guys we stick for one another!!)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Back on topic... saw The Social Network as a work outing thing just now. Sorkin's dialog is not surprisingly outstanding. Just the opening scene. And boy does Sean Parker come off like a complete ass and Eduardo Saverin as the only redeemable person of the entire company.

Still, with Sorkin's writing and David Fincher's direction, it's a solid movie.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You are supposed to wonder. But it was slowing down, that could be seen. In other intances, it was just spinning in same speed all the time.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Rachel Getting Married is not really a rom com though. More a drama, with close to no "rom" stuff going on. Not a bad film, although my high expectations weren't entirely met.
But Anne H. has never looked better than it that film, which obviously also accounts for something :D
I would rather have my wisdom teeth taken out using garden pliers, than watch this piece of crap again.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I wouldn't say it's a complete piece of crap, but I can somewhat agree with you: I would also rather have your wisdom teeth taken out using garden pliers, than watch it again.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I wouldn't say it's a complete piece of crap, but I can somewhat agree with you: I would also rather have your wisdom teeth taken out using garden pliers, than watch it again.
F you. :D

But seriously, it was slow paced, shitty hand-hel camera work, incredibly annoying characters, most of all Anne's and that guy who played Rachel's husband. And to top it off, some incredible dull periods like that rehearsal dinner which lasted like 20 minutes and after that the weeding scene which lasted like 10 minutes with nothing happening. Ah, it was really painful. The story had potential but the execution was incredibly poor IMO.

Buck, this was the worst movie you ever approved. And that included Mega Shark and Giant Octopus. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)