Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (124 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Spanish movies, or movies in Spanish?
Movies that were produced in spanish.

Don't care about the country of origin, south american movies are fine as well.

Bunuel and Almodovar if you want artsy fartsy, the three Mexicans (Inarritu, Cuaron and del Toro) or Amenábar for something unique but a bit more mainstream. Have you seen El laberinto del fauno? You surely won't dislike that, I hope. :p
:tup: Thanks.

Is laberinto del fauno Pan's labyrinth? Seen it a few years ago, forgot most about it but I remember that I liked it. Never knew that it was spanish, probably gonna rewatch it in its original form then :)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm not a huge movie watcher but off the top of my head ones I'd recommend:

Y Tu Mamá También
Biutiful
El laberinto del fauno
Rec
Amores Perros
El secreto de sus ojos
Intacto

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
In all positive implications of course :)

But seriously, seeing your posts about Italian movies+streams here actually reminded me to put more work into my spanish, so +1 for that :D

Also, El Laberinto de Fauna is incredible. What I remembered seeing of the movie years ago were just bits and pieces from the TV running in the background. I mostly noticed the fantasy-stuff while the main plot concerning the civil war and all almost completely eluded my mind.
Expected something very different before watching the film, but I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

Don't really feel like watching a thriller now, so I guess Mar Adentro it is for tonight. Tomorrow probably Rec, I remember hearing great things about it just a few weeks ago.

Diarios de Motocicleta
Thanks, sounds really interesting as well.

I'm not a huge movie watcher but off the top of my head ones I'd recommend:

Y Tu Mamá También
Biutiful
El laberinto del fauno
Rec
Amores Perros
El secreto de sus ojos
Intacto
:tup:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
In all positive implications of course :)

But seriously, seeing your posts about Italian movies+streams here actually reminded me to put more work into my spanish, so +1 for that :D

Also, El Laberinto de Fauna is incredible. What I remembered seeing of the movie years ago were just bits and pieces from the TV running in the background. I mostly noticed the fantasy-stuff while the main plot concerning the civil war and all almost completely eluded my mind.
Expected something very different before watching the film, but I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

Don't really feel like watching a thriller now, so I guess Mar Adentro it is for tonight. Tomorrow probably Rec, I remember hearing great things about it just a few weeks ago.

Thanks, sounds really interesting as well.

:tup:
I was impressed with El secreto de sus ojos btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)