Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (157 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Junk yard? :D

Is there any good movie related to composers and music? Something like Amadeus.
It was that time when they started messing with 3D special effects :scared: So scary.

Does it need to be a movie or can it be a good documentary?

- - - Updated - - -

Movies: I liked Control which is about Joy Division's Ian Curtis. And The Runaways about the band of the same name.

I know there's one about Beethoven with Gary Oldman, can't remember what it's called though.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
One of the best that came out this year without a doubt. I really liked it.
Boyhood - Just finished watching it. I liked it. Even though it was cliché on top of cliché. But again, i guess a movie that gives you characters that were filmed in the course of 15 years as they grow old, is going for realism and real life is nothing but clichés.

There were a few moments i could see myself in it and I'm sure the great majority of viewers did too and that's probably why it got a 100/100 on Metacritic and 99% on RT (100% Top Critics). I haven't seen a movie so universally praised since... well i really can't remember.

Although i wouldn't rate it that high, a 7.5 out of 10 would do it for me. And probably because the movie's not about my generation. Kids who were born in the 90's will surely understand it and feel it more.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Boyhood - Just finished watching it. I liked it. Even though it was cliché on top of cliché. But again, i guess a movie that gives you characters that were filmed in the course of 15 years as they grow old, is going for realism and real life is nothing but clichés.

There were a few moments i could see myself in it and I'm sure the great majority of viewers did too and that's probably why it got a 100/100 on Metacritic and 99% on RT (100% Top Critics). I haven't seen a movie so universally praised since... well i really can't remember.

Although i wouldn't rate it that high, a 7.5 out of 10 would do it for me. And probably because the movie's not about my generation. Kids who were born in the 90's will surely understand it and feel it more.
:agree: well I think I'd give an 8 most likely. But still, compared to other movies that came out this year I'd say that one is one of the better films. But that still doesn't say much cause those which came out this year kinda suck.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's not that it's bad, it's just very forgettable. The plot is a typical, cliché revenge story and the characters aren't that interesting either. The good thing is that it's aware of its own weaknesses and is short and to the point.
I watched it last night. Thank god it's only 90 minutes. Very cliché. The pacing was way off for a film that basically came off as an homage to the Spaghetti Western, way too fast, way too much always going on. Oddly enough, this "busy" aspect, made the 90 minutes a little tedious. Even the acting was fairly weak, considering the cast.

Watched Lucy also. Appallingly bad. Scarlet Johansson may be attractive, but she's a piss poor actress imo (Under The Skin was a mediocre film too, albeit slightly better than this trash). The film is just one more sci-fi thriller, that has no idea where it's going, or how to get there, and just ends up being a mishmash of banal nonsense.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Watched Lucy also. Appallingly bad. Scarlet Johansson may be attractive, but she's a piss poor actress imo (Under The Skin was a mediocre film too, albeit slightly better than this trash). The film is just one more sci-fi thriller, that has no idea where it's going, or how to get there, and just ends up being a mishmash of banal nonsense.
She was great in Her though :D

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Saw Interstellar today. It's definitely not a perfect film. It over-explains the plot, is too including and a bit too sentimental at times for my taste. However, I really thought it was a good film overall. It's amazingly ambitious, even more than I hoped for, and Nolan manages to pull it off. More important: It doesn't feel as cold and unengaging as I thought The Dark Knight Rises was at times. In tone I think it's closer to Solaris than 2001, but both comparisons are far-fetched. Interstellar is classic Nolan, which is both good and bad. Definitely mostly good this time. Watch it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 153)