Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (124 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
:agree:

What are you thinking of watching next?

I might watch a few Norwegian Films. I've been meaning to watch Joachim Trier's Oslo, August 31, and then Jen Liens latest Sons Of Norway. Liens' previous film The Bothersome Man was great.
Let's see... Well, i'm yet to re watch more Tarkovsky and Kubrick's stuff.

I have Barry Lyndon, Andrei Rublev, The Mirror, This Russian (?) epic Mongol and one that i've wanted to watch for a while: Boyhood.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Watch Pusher I and II
I've seen the first. Haven't watched the second yet? Is it as good? I like the director.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's see... Well, i'm yet to re watch more Tarkovsky and Kubrick's stuff.

I have Barry Lyndon, Andrei Rublev, The Mirror, This Russian (?) epic Mongol and one that i've wanted to watch for a while: Boyhood.
Let me know what you think of Mongol. Haven't watched it yet. Same with Boyhood.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yes. It's decent, but too ordinary. It's like the director really wanted to make a film that really looks and feels like a western, but forgot to focus on the actual story.
That's too bad as the trailer makes it look quite interesting. Sounds like the director got far too caught up in staying within the bounds of the genre and the most cliched elements therein.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Guardians of the Galaxy - It was good, worth of watching. However I felt like it's a bit overrated with some of the comments that I've seen around. I loved the subtle humor in it, though. It was enjoyable and entertaining so I give my green light, as it was the only thing I asked from such a movie.

Andrei Rublev - I liked it but it's not as good as other Tarkovsky movies imo. I liked the first part of the movie a lot more too.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - I thought it would be worse, but I actually liked it. However I liked the first part more.

Three Colors: Blue - Pretty mixed feelings about this one. I like how it was honest and showed the bitterness of life -- the act of moving on after losing pretty much everything. I liked the main actress too but it's like I couldn't bond with her. I loved the powerful music in it, when they composed music it was very intense, but it might be my fetish for such music and a strong piano feeling. However I still feel like something was missing :boh: it might be that I couldn't get emotionally connected with the girl (eventhough I'm yet to watch other two parts, I'll stress out how I think Before trilogy had me much more involved in it and it was the only thing that I missed in this movie -- connected with the actors -- or her in this case. It's like I missed it). It's still a pretty good movie overall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)