Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (39 Viewers)

Aug 1, 2003
the most wanted man - super slow, slept after 20 minutes. plot sounds interesting though so might get the book instead.

indochine - god damn catherine deneuve is one hot milf! enjoyed the cinematography of the film and the film in general, except some parts in the middle where it got a bit too draggy (vincent perez on a boat without food for days... we get it)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Poison~Todd Haynes

A triptych of interweaving stories on transgression and alienation. Ambitious to the point of being overdone, outrageous at times, alternatively beautiful and ugly, the film cuts between the three films spinning a web of unsettling correlations, and disturbed musings. Cerebral, horrific, homoerotic and silly, all at the same time. There are quite a few very uncomfortable scenes. Inspired by the writings of Jean Genet, at the very least it's worth a watch for the novelty/originality. 7/10

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
REC has just been the first movie in ages to actually scare me. Congrats on that.

As far as horror movies go, I don't think there are many better. I'm not a fan of the genre in general to be honest, but here the characters are actually somewhat realistic, and not completely fucking dumb in handling the situation. The main threat is kept relatively ambigious in a good way, spawning some fair fear of the unkown.

Camera work was excellent, sounds at times a little bit amateur, but the movie wasn't exactly big budget, so that's excusable.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
REC has just been the first movie in ages to actually scare me. Congrats on that.

As far as horror movies go, I don't think there are many better. I'm not a fan of the genre in general to be honest, but here the characters are actually somewhat realistic, and not completely fucking dumb in handling the situation. The main threat is kept relatively ambigious in a good way, spawning some fair fear of the unkown.

Camera work was excellent, sounds at times a little bit amateur, but the movie wasn't exactly big budget, so that's excusable.
I second this... Rec is one of the best horrormovies I've seen in my life

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Have you seen The Conjuring?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Just got out of Instellar showing, holy shit, need to really process what I just experienced fully. But needless to say I was fully focused for 2 hours and 49 minutes, to the point me and my friends/and rest of the audience didnt make a single sound throughout the movie (except few chuckles at the cracks made by the robot).

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Went to the cinema to see Intersteller after smoking some OG kush. It blew my mind! Absolutley amazing film so epic and McConaughy was fantastic once again.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Dont worry your going to see it and you are going to love it i was i could unsee it and experience watching for the first time all over again was so happy at how good it was i love when i get a movie experience like i did with it i only get that feeling maybe once a year at most. So epic. Has now got a 9.1 rating on imdb i think that puts is 3rd behind shawshank redemption and the godfather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)