Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (37 Viewers)

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Re Paul Walkers' death

I was so furious at people who were on crash site and so called journos and paparazzi for holding phones, cameras and mic next to Tyrese Gibson.

Fucking scum, they should've left the guy to mourn in peace.

I hope they'll continue with F&F.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
Re Paul Walkers' death

I was so furious at people who were on crash site and so called journos and paparazzi for holding phones, cameras and mic next to Tyrese Gibson.

Fucking scum, they should've left the guy to mourn in peace.

I hope they'll continue with F&F.

0:48 "Do you think you guys will start filming soon?

I wish that guy a painful death.

Oh, and to people recording Vin's speach - fuck you too, retards.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
La grande bellezza - That's a different movie compared to the others, at least for me. I still don't know how to feel about it. There are some parts that were like a horrible mixture of art, intellectualism and ugly people which wanted me to stop the movie long before it ended. It's a deep story but most of the time I enjoyed more seeing the streets of Rome and their architecture compared to the movie itself. Still, it has good parts, especially the ending which was pretty strong. There were those parties that will give me long-term nightmares I'm pretty sure. Those (ugly) people made those scenes disgusting, but I guess it can be viewed as a reflection of their lives. Other than that it's mostly about the life, lost life and years, not knowing who you really are. Good acting from Toni Servillo, the role really suits him perfectly. Not a garbage, but surely not a great movie in my books.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
La grande bellezza - That's a different movie compared to the others, at least for me. I still don't know how to feel about it. There are some parts that were like a horrible mixture of art, intellectualism and ugly people which wanted me to stop the movie long before it ended. It's a deep story but most of the time I enjoyed more seeing the streets of Rome and their architecture compared to the movie itself. Still, it has good parts, especially the ending which was pretty strong. There were those parties that will give me long-term nightmares I'm pretty sure. Those (ugly) people made those scenes disgusting, but I guess it can be viewed as a reflection of their lives. Other than that it's mostly about the life, lost life and years, not knowing who you really are. Good acting from Toni Servillo, the role really suits him perfectly. Not a garbage, but surely not a great movie in my books.
Thanks for the review. Interesting to read. :tup: I can see where you are coming from even if I like it a lot more than you.

By the way, I can't seem to find your Cinema Paradiso review?

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Unforgiven
The Wild Bunch
Rio Bravo
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Searchers
The Magnificent Seven
Once Upon a Time In The West
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
High Noon
Fort Apache
Stagecoach
If Leone's westerns were the first westerns you saw, then you are going to get a culture shock when you watch the traditional American westerns. :p Both kinds of westerns are great, but they are so different.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, great list. :tup:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You guys got me all excited and curious with these western movies so I watched For a Few Dollars More like Dusan did and...

... I loved it! :weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)