Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (53 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
It wasn't a masterpiece, genius. It was fun to watch and I had a laugh or two, which makes it good enough for me.

And dude, nothing personal, but aren't you like still 17?

Racist! :stuckup: :p
that should actually be a primary reason to like a movie like Project X. Not trying to offend anyone in particular here but such movies' target audience is namely people up to 18 yo (i.e. high-schoolers or high-schooler wannabies/middleschoolers, whose life is centered at how cool it is being cool) and people, who are older than 18 but have had a hard time growing out of that age range as the being-popular part in high-school played a bit too big a role in their lives and they can't part with it yet and maybe never will.

So, if I was still 15, I am sure I wouldn't have minded the movie, hell, I may have even loved it ... although I doubt it 'cause by 15 I had more important things to worry about than high-school age bullshit. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am way past that age now and movies like this seem like an infinite waste of time. Then again, to each his own. :)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
As someone who regularly goes to parties, raves, house parties and illegals, project X is a pretty cool. While it is very exaggerated, the ideas aren't too far off! i.e. going to a house, getting wasted, doing drugs, loud music and having a wild time

:tup:
Yeah. The flamethrower ending kinda was though. :D

that should actually be a primary reason to like a movie like Project X. Not trying to offend anyone in particular here but such movies' target audience is namely people up to 18 yo (i.e. high-schoolers or high-schooler wannabies/middleschoolers, whose life is centered at how cool it is being cool) and people, who are older than 18 but have had a hard time growing out of that age range as the being-popular part in high-school played a bit too big a role in their lives and they can't part with it yet and maybe never will.

So, if I was still 15, I am sure I wouldn't have minded the movie, hell, I may have even loved it ... although I doubt it 'cause by 15 I had more important things to worry about than high-school age bullshit. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am way past that age now and movies like this seem like an infinite waste of time. Then again, to each his own. :)
I wasn't exactly super loaded with work when I watched it, and sometimes, you know, to satisfy my tiny little brain that I have, I enjoy sitting down for a movie which I'd barely need to have any thoughts to understand, but maybe that's just me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)