Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (54 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Expendables 2 (never bothered to watch the first one) was so incredible... incredibly fricking dumb to the point of being funny. 4/10

EDIT: Wait, it was a parody of itself, wasn't it? :headbang:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Expendables 2 (never bothered to watch the first one) was so incredible... incredibly fricking dumb to the point of being funny. 4/10

EDIT: Wait, it was a parody of itself, wasn't it? :headbang:
It's just a bro-fest action movie for a bunch of has-beens. The first one was decent. The second on seemed to rely on too many stupid cameos where way too old action heros do unrealistic moves and say the lines from their "best movies". Though the Chuck Norris bit about the King Cobra was pretty funny.

- - - Updated - - -

I was watching Killer Elite (meh) last night and there were times when he was speaking to De Niro that he broke out into a quasi-New York accent :D

At least Clive Owen has a proper accent :beer:
I saw the first half hour of that, to the part where he and the blonde meet. But I can't really stand when guys can't manage an accent all the way through a film. Sam Worthington in the Terminator movie is a huge example of this. Dude slips into Aussie mode or changes his dialect no less that 10 times.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Statham was supposed to be in his normal accent for the film and was for most of it, it was just that when speaking to De Niro (the only real American actor in it) he occasionally slipped into mimicking his accent :D

My next door neighbour has an American wife, and you can hear when he or other friends or relatives speak to her they occasionally say things with the same twang. You even get this across local dialects.

Talking of accents - Russell Crowe as Robin Hood :lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Statham was supposed to be in his normal accent for the film and was for most of it, it was just that when speaking to De Niro (the only real American actor in it) he occasionally slipped into mimicking his accent :D

My next door neighbour has an American wife, and you can hear when he or other friends or relatives speak to her they occasionally say things with the same twang. You even get this across local dialects.

Talking of accents - Russell Crowe as Robin Hood :lol:
Yeah, what the fuck was that?:D

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
The Russians in Salt movie tops them all though, american mouth just ain't built to speak russian :D
Expendables 2 was fun, way too cheesy, but I grew up loving these guys, putting them together for a major send-off was a brilliant idea, they could easily do two more silly sequels and I'd still be entertained with such a cast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)