Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (61 Viewers)

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
well i don't come here very often but as we speak i'm downloading like 10 movies from the last pages...and i saw 'the message' trailer and i think i'll stick at 'kingdom of heaven'

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Good movie that one but could have easily been better if they focussed more on the fights instead of the sweet talk and general useless chat.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I can't remember if I said this here before or not, but I highly recommend De Niro's Everybody's Fine to everyone :tup: not his best movie of course, but I find it one of his best acting

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Il divo. Faaantastic. A beautiful movie filmographically speaking, the scenes, the music, the humor of the screenplay. It's a highly creative portrayal of a subject that is far less whimsical, namely Giulio Andreotti (the previous Berlusconi, if you will). A must watch if you're interested in the political life of Italy (a pretty arcane topic I grant you).

Much like Berlu, he was the connected man, with the mafia doing his dirty work, escaping prosecution and so on. But in a time of.. well.. "respectability". He was the head of the Christian Democrats, a party that was destroyed in a huge corruption scandal and which doesn't exist anymore. So there's also the Vatican angle here, which backs him up.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Watched the original Indiana Jones trilogy (spread out over a few days obviously). I'm pretty sure I had already seen some of it (at least some bits & pieces) back when I was an incredibly cute kid, but this was the first time I really "watched" them.
I can't understand why these are so highly rated & critically acclaimed.

The first one has its moments, but is so damn repetitive it gets quite boring & annoying.
The second one is even worse. Sure, some of the action scenes are watchable but what really ruins it, is the most annoying movie kid ever. I just kept wishing he would die a horrible death.
The third one is still not a great movie, but it's the best of the lot. Just because of the fact that some of the silly stuff (or jokes, if you will) actually worked, unlike in the previous 2 parts. Plus, I learned a valuable lesson while watching this: Never trust a Nazi.

I don't think I'm gonna like part 4 with Shila Beef either, but I will watch it anyway :D

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Hachiko: A Dog's Story (or Hachi: A Dog's Tale)

That movie is ace and touching.
:agree:

Il divo. Faaantastic. A beautiful movie filmographically speaking, the scenes, the music, the humor of the screenplay. It's a highly creative portrayal of a subject that is far less whimsical, namely Giulio Andreotti (the previous Berlusconi, if you will). A must watch if you're interested in the political life of Italy (a pretty arcane topic I grant you).

Much like Berlu, he was the connected man, with the mafia doing his dirty work, escaping prosecution and so on. But in a time of.. well.. "respectability". He was the head of the Christian Democrats, a party that was destroyed in a huge corruption scandal and which doesn't exist anymore. So there's also the Vatican angle here, which backs him up.
i've been meaning to watch it as i've had it on my hard disk for over a year now but never found the mood or time to sit thru it. will def give it a go once i finish my exams.

The Untouchables! What a movie!
yup that was a great movie!! :tup:

the story is really touchy and the cast was good. not a big fan of richard gere but i rate joan allen and i love sarah roemer

Road Trip 2: Good watch.
there is part 2 i look forward to watching that! hope the cast from road trip one are in this one.

edit: just checked jbf and its a totally new cast :( its like american pie 4 to what ever they reached now. they ruined a perfectly funny series of movies after they milked the idea out. non the less will give this one a go and see if its as funny as the first one or not.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
there is part 2 i look forward to watching that! hope the cast from road trip one are in this one.
They're not.

The movie in itself (I believe it's called Beer Pong) has very little, if anything, to do with the original Road Trip. Felt to me as if they just slapped the "Road Trip" tag on it after the movie was made, to generate some intrest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)