Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (11 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I watched Zack Snyder's Justice League. Was it better than the previous one? Yeah. I liked how slower it was but not because of the genius move by Zack but because it came by default since it lasts for 4 hours, so more time was given to develop characters that were ignored in the previous one.
A 4 hour superhero movie? :scared:
Even if I've been in lockdown for 8 of the past 12 months, I'm still not going to spend my time on that. :grin:

Some recent ones I saw:

Salvo: Terrible. I don't mind slow movies, but at least make it interesting. Watching paint dry would be far, far more entertaining. Also, I understand they both save each other in a way, but no, that doesn't make it a smart movie. It's still nonsense.

Anna: Meh. Didn't Luc Besson use to make good movies back in the day?

L'incredibile storia dell'Isola delle Rose: Surpringly enjoyable, entertaining movie. Quite a few scenes/moments that really made me chuckle.

The Devil All The Time: Mediocre. Intriguing cast, plot & setting, so there's a good movie in there somewhere. Shame it's not on the screen.

Under The Silver Lake: Enjoyable movie. It's all way too convoluted & there are a lot of things to potentially be annoyed about, but somehow that doesn't bother me too much. I guess the general atmosphere of this movie is enough for me to enjoy it. Should have been about 20 min shorter though.

Primer: I think I liked it better 15 years or so ago when I first watched it, but still a decent movie.

Reality: Not too shabby. Not a great movie, but I was entertained.

Shallow Grave: I know it's a pretty well rated movie, but it's not my cup of tea.

Vivarium: I liked this, probably the best one I've seen in the last few weeks. Not a movie everyone will enjoy, but I sure did. It's nothing more than 1 big WTF moment, but nicely executed. Also, Imogen Poots :heart:

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
A 4 hour superhero movie? :scared:
Even if I've been in lockdown for 8 of the past 12 months, I'm still not going to spend my time on that. :grin:
Yeah, pretty painful. I watched it in 2 days, though. It's easy since it's separated in many parts. Still, it doesn't make it any less painful.

I also like how you almost always mention movies I never heard of, I dunno where you even find those lol.

No, not yet. I have a bigger watch-list and most of them I plan to watch with my brother. So I watch alone those that he would otherwise skip. :D Not that one.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Watched Seaspiracy, a very interesting and compelling documentary. For sure it's alarmist and misrepresents data at some points, but I found the overarching conclusions were spot on.

Also its ironic how the response to cow farts, which is our ecological doom, is essentially whale poo, which is salvation lol.

Jun 7, 2003
Haven't watched it myself but I know it has very shitty ratings.
Maybe because it's a book adaptation. I didn't read the book, but will do it sometime.

Watched The Revenant. Beautifully shot, but a bit boring and too long. Tom Hardy acted well.

Overrated.
The fight against the bear was cool, but yeah you are right the shots are the best in this movie. Read that is somewhere in Argentina.

Watched yesterday "The Mechanic 2", very good movie. Always nice to see Jason Statham break some arms and legs and Jessica Alba is suuuper.

Juve92

Jan 18, 2016
Maybe because it's a book adaptation. I didn't read the book, but will do it sometime.

The fight against the bear was cool, but yeah you are right the shots are the best in this movie. Read that is somewhere in Argentina.

Watched yesterday "The Mechanic 2", very good movie. Always nice to see Jason Statham break some arms and legs and Jessica Alba is suuuper.
Yep, the bear scene was pretty cool.

Man, all of Jason Stathams movies are the same. Can't watch them.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I'v been watching superman and lois(Episode 6) and waiting for new episode. Don't call yourself a film buff if you have not seen or heard of this series.

Jun 7, 2003
Yep, the bear scene was pretty cool.

Man, all of Jason Stathams movies are the same. Can't watch them.
Jason Statham is one of the worst actors ever. He's so linear, boring and with an annoying punchable face.
All movies are the same and there are no good actors, except Bardem maybe.

Here is a trailer from Jason's new movie from Guy Ritchie, enjoy.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Is it good? Thoughts on Quo Vadis, Aida??

:snoop:
I didn't like it. Really overrated. Poor acting, badly filmed and quite amateurish showing of suffering of people. I think film was rushed, it looks like being filmed in two weeks (apparently it is the case). It was just a political push because of Aida (haven't watched it myself but I heard it's decent, better than Dara). Otac was supposed to win it as it was 10000 times better, but politics did the job so Srdan Golubovic was pissed, rightfully so I gotta say.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I didn't like it. Really overrated. Poor acting, badly filmed and quite amateurish showing of suffering of people. I think film was rushed, it looks like being filmed in two weeks (apparently it is the case). It was just a political push because of Aida (haven't watched it myself but I heard it's decent, better than Dara). Otac was supposed to win it as it was 10000 times better, but politics did the job so Srdan Golubovic was pissed, rightfully so I gotta say.
I can’t figure out when you’re talking about one film and when you’re talking about the other one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)