Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (37 Viewers)

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Palms Springs is the best comedy I've seen in years.
Trailer ooks like a copy of Groundhog Day. Not a bad thing, it is a fantastic movie and will give it a go. Just think comedies lack originality at the moment, a lot in particular seem to try to copy the formula of the Hangover, particularly shock value which seems very forced.

Mank

It seems half of the movies nowadays are about the movie industry.

This one was alright I guess.
One of my least favourite themes of movies are ones about the film or theatre industry. Critics seem to love them but they aren't very interesting for someone not in that industry (at least ones I have seen).

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #28,043
    Trailer ooks like a copy of Groundhog Day. Not a bad thing, it is a fantastic movie and will give it a go. Just think comedies lack originality at the moment, a lot in particular seem to try to copy the formula of the Hangover, particularly shock value which seems very forced.

One of my least favourite themes of movies are ones about the film or theatre industry. Critics seem to love them but they aren't very interesting for someone not in that industry (at least ones I have seen).
    They make it seem like its more important than it is. Its just a movie ffs

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    2010s has to be the worst period for comedy movies ever
    Taika Waititi’s “What we Do in the Shadows” and “Hunt for the Wilderpeople” were both fantastic.

I thought “The Nice Guys” with Gosling and Crowe was pretty good.

And if you consider Wes Anderson films comedy, “Grand Budapest Hotel” and “Moonrise Kingdom” were both great.

Inarritu’s “Birdman” was also excellent as a black comedy.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
    Anybody here watched Zack Snyder's Justice League? Apparently it's 4 hours long.
    I watched it last night and liked it.
    The plot is still the same as the 2017 one , but the movie has more character development when it comes to the flash and cyborg who where treated as a joke in the previous release.
    For me it was worth the runtime.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
    Taika Waititi’s “What we Do in the Shadows” and “Hunt for the Wilderpeople” were both fantastic.

I thought “The Nice Guys” with Gosling and Crowe was pretty good.

And if you consider Wes Anderson films comedy, “Grand Budapest Hotel” and “Moonrise Kingdom” were both great.

Inarritu’s “Birdman” was also excellent as a black comedy.
    Seen and liked all of them. Good choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Im pretty sure they make a reference to Groundhog Day in the movie. It's a similar concept but a very different movie.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
    Anyone seen shot caller? Was way better than i thought it would be.
    Looking forward to many saints with Gandolfinis son, I love that farmiga is playing livia soprano, casting director or whatever nailed it.

Bad movies and the last time I couldn't stand a "big" movie

inception the biggest piece of pretentious dogshit..
    The green screen should have had screen credit

avatar..couldn't get into it looked like a cartoon..

hateful eight was a boring piece of storytelling although well done.

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
    Coming 2 America might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Can someone recommend me a good comedy they are impossible to find.

Some of my favourites are:

The Jerk
    Kung Fu Hustle
    Super Bad
    Step Brothers
    Airplane
    Napoleon Dynamite
    Let me know as well. Good comedies are just so rare, maybe it's just our sense of humour. Im more like literally watching those Sharknado's n shit to make myself laugh about how "bad" something can be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)