Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (96 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Regina King as new director, she really has a knock out with this one:

Just genuinely captivating, 4 icons, but really just friends having a heartfelt conversations about the different paths/approaches they have in their lives. Those scenes in the hotel room, you forget for a while you are watching actors, really felt like it was Sam Cooke and Malcom X really having philosphical argument, with Mohammed Ali and Jim Brown being the calming effects of the room.

Guy who is casted for Sam Cooke was like born for this role, and I never seen the guy casted for Malcom X before but prolly best scene for scene depictions of Malcolm X to date (seen several by now). His performance pretty much gurantees nominations for award season.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I've watched over half of it and to be honest I'm finding it really boring so far. The conversation/ dialogue just isn't gripping me like I thought it would.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I've watched over half of it and to be honest I'm finding it really boring so far. The conversation/ dialogue just isn't gripping me like I thought it would.
Its slow going movie, actually its based on stage play so its why its so dialogue heavy with narrow set. Its really about the interaction between them four. 2nd half of the movie has better pacing and intensity.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Man I haven’t seen a movie in ages.
Any recs guys? I currently only have Hulu and Amazon Prime.
My favorite directors currently active are Tarantino and Scorsese (Fincher and Coen brothers are honorable mentions)

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
that one of my favorite movies, George Kennedy is fantastic too

“I can eat 50 eggs”:lol:
Top 10 for me. So is the hustler. the hollywood machine didn't particularly love Paul because he was anti glamour and never one to do it for the trophies, so never got his due But def one of the all time best for me.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Top 10 for me. So is the hustler. the hollywood machine didn't particularly love Paul because he was anti glamour and never one to do it for the trophies, so never got his due But def one of the all time best for me.
The Sting is a classic. The story seemed familiar when I watched it though, because so many other movies, TV shows have copied it.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
The Sting is a classic. The story seemed familiar when I watched it though, because so many other movies, TV shows have copied it.
Forgot about that one, saw it long ago. Too bad classics are rarely shown these days..the oceans eleven series for example, all the money for production, all the "stars" involved and flash and it's incoherent dialogue trying at humor, fails at creating any connection or sympathy for the characters..it's cartoonish entertainment at best. Quality is going down in the film arts big time, even in less serious films, even comedies.
Last movies I liked were no country for old men from the bros, what did you think of buster scruggs? Can't make up my mind..some great stuff combined with some goofy shit idk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 93)