Juve & Barca to exchange players (1 Viewer)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
riquelme has been playing poor of late, especially compared to ronaldinho,

they would never give up puyol though. and we need puyol.
Riquelme is young, and Barca is no place for a youngster to develop. I'd be willing to give him a go even if he failed utterly at Barca.

I don't know about buying Puyol. He's good, but I think Zanetti might be easier to get, and Trabelsi cheaper.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Riquelme is young, and Barca is no place for a youngster to develop. I'd be willing to give him a go even if he failed utterly at Barca. .
Me too, the thing is that he's failing at Villareal, and that's kinda weak...

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Ah. My bad. Another Mendieta? I remember them being compaired before the latter went to Lazio.
Nah. Mendieta is a fine player who's been great everywhere except at Lazio. Riquelme has failed to show any consistency in europe at all.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++

Nah. Mendieta is a fine player who's been great everywhere except at Lazio. Riquelme has failed to show any consistency in europe at all.
that's really a shame since he was such a huge prospect a few years ago!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++
Mendieta's been mediocre for Middlesborough - Juninho carries that team. That just leaves Valencia, doesn't it?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Because he doesn't do a good job when he DOES get a chance. Van Hooijdonk, Kluivert, Van Nistelrooy, they all performed excellent when they received a chance and hence they played (or still play).

Makaay doesn't show anything when gets a chance.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Makaay only gets to play 20 minutes everytime.
Against Belgium he played from the start of the second half, he scored. Kluivert isn't performing, Van Hooijdonk deserves to be called up but he doesn't perform any better than Makaay.

Ah well van Nistelrooy is the best choise, ofcourse.

Jul 28, 2002
Makaay reminds me of our very own di vaio, sometimes he can be class, but often not exist or miss reallly really easy chances.

Jul 28, 2002
Depor vs i think it was mallorca last season.....basically it was an open goal....he fluffed it wide.

Two seasons ago, when he was off form, he was missing chances for fun.

But last season i have to admit he was deadly.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Hmm, i've never seen Makaay miss really easy chances, Makaay is one cold striker.
But he doesn't do anything for the team. He awaits his chance, that's all he does.

In Dutch football, that's not the way to play. Not at all.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
But he doesn't do anything for the team. He awaits his chance, that's all he does.

In Dutch football, that's not the way to play. Not at all.
Makaay isn't a creative player like Kluivert or Van Nistelrooy, but to say that he awaits his chance is a bit off. The guy can and does drop deep, and he's good when he does, hell he used to paly right wing for the NT. He's not a typical Dutch forward, but he's not like Trezeguet either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)