Juve & Barca to exchange players (2 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Back to Holland? No Dutch club could afford the salary Mr Kluivert is under the impression he still deserves.

Either way - he better make a move to a decent competition soon (be it top club or subtop club) or he's done for. I agree with that much you said.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Newcastle have been linked to him very frequently. They see him as a foil, and ultimately as a replacement, for Shearer. I don't know if they're still monitering his situation, but I imagine they'd prick up their ears if he was available for free, regardless of wage demands. He's out on a Bosman again this summer, isn't he?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

Van Nistelrooy creative? He holds the ball up brilliantly, but he's a poacher by instinct. And what an instinct.
Agreed. He's not a creative player by any means. He's good shooting on the turn and holding up the ball, but the way he dribbles reminds me of a juggernaut; he plays like a battering ram, pushing defenders aside and strolling through them.

++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++On the weekend, against Fulham, he was only on for a few minutes, but he had one (half-)chance where he was falling over. He twisted awkwardly in the air, and struck the ball sweetly, unfortunately (or fortunately if you prefer a one-sided title race to seeing Man Utd win) into the side of the net. I can't think of another striker who would have connected there.
Ahhh i saw that too. I thought he was gonna let it go out for a corner or try to win a penalty, but he always seems to know where the ball is :eek:

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
Anyway Moggi doesnt like Barca. Barca is keep requesting players on papers, but Moggi said 2-3 days ago: "They betta come here and request our players (he was talking about Trezeguet) face to face, so they'll finally understand he aint on sale!". If you want my opinion, i think there are 0% of chances for Juve and Barca to exchange players.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
yea, exactly what i was thinking....

but we didnt actually "exchange" him for any barca players. i think that was what antonio meant

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Oh great, so we just give out some of our best players and get none in return? :lazy:
Exactly. We didnt want to continue to pay Davids. So we've traded him for free, to the only team interested. That's the truth.

Sc_azzurrik

Mar 1, 2004
u know it's pretty tricky when u let go players that are demanded for free! i think it's a lil bit weird policy, of course u cannot avoid it but shoud try to!
davids wanted more! we let him go! trez wanted more, we saved him! but as for davids it's a pity, he was significant player for juve!
Moggi shuld have done smth with it, it's not for him to loose money!
but imho its' betta for him to be Barca than the others.

Antonio

Jul 14, 2002
Sc_azzurrik, we didnt negotiate with Davids at all. He did something against Society so bad that we wasnt even interested in getting some money from him. It was been a message: whoever acts like Davids, he'll not play like him. No matter if he's a star. No matter if we will loose him for free. That's why we didnt negotiate with him. If we wanted money, then we could have renovate him and we could have sold him the next day. But we didnt. Cause we just didnt want to have something with him no more. We gave it for free, to the first one who asked him to us. After just 2-3 hours of negotiation.

May 17, 2003
To tell you the truth, I want to know the Exact reason why he left, too. I mean apart from the fact that Moggi and Davids are total stuborn asss' that don't want to lose in an arguement, there must be the complete reason. PLEASE ANYONE EXPLAIN IN DETAIL!!!

Sc_azzurrik

Mar 1, 2004
i think Antonio knows!
but that must be smth more than just personal dislikes and misunderstandings with Moggi!

Moggi is not Davids and maybe i'm more thinking of money than Moggi (that juve couldn have)......i wanna say Moggi is not so hot-tempered and more diplomatic (life should have taught!) so he could deal up with this!
p/s money is not the alst thing 2Moggi!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)