Juve & Barca to exchange players (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Ian you lost your '2' :eek:

prolly happened like two years ago but I finally noticed all the same
:LOL:, yeah it's been gone a while. The "2" made my name too long.

Sumo_Basho

Feb 20, 2004
Hey there im new to this forum, and just been reading about replacement strikers...just wondering if anyone has heard of a turkish player called sanli tuncay??? He seems to have a huge talent and is scoring alot of goals....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Barca zoom in on Zambrotta
Sunday 29 February, 2004

Barcelona are said to be very interested in bringing versatile Juve star Gianluca Zambrotta to the Nou Camp.

Reports in Spain suggest that the issue was raised during negotiations over Edgar Davids’ January switch.

Directors Rosell and Beguiristain were in Turin to work out the final details on Jan 9 when they showed interest in signing the former Bari star.

Zambrotta’s career took an important twist last year when Coach Marcello Lippi switched his position from the right side of midfield that of left-back.

He has since excelled in this new role for both Juventus and the Italian national side, including a fine performance against Barcelona in last season’s Champions’ League.

It is reported that the Blaugrana are willing to offer winger Gabri and Brazilian midfielder Motta as part of the deal.

Zambrotta’s current contract with Juventus expires in 2005, but he is in negotiations to extend for another three years.

If that deal is not sealed before the start of the next campaign, then the club could opt to cash in rather than lose him for free at the end of that season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selling Zambrotta would be a huge display of a lack of ambition, and getting Gabri and Motta, no matter how much cash we get, would be robbery on Barca's part. I'll be gutted if we lose Zambro, he's one of the our most important players and has plenty of years of world class football in him.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I doubt even Juve would sell Zambrotta, Lippi has said how good he is on numerous occasions.

I think this is just wishful thinking on Barca's part.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by sebastian ] ++
makaay is good but not world class and kluivert he had his best time he only got famous when he scored the goal in the final he isn't really that good
IMO Makaay is World Class as he showed us before scoring many many goals. He did it again against Real Madrid. He is also doing very well for Bayern and has scored nearly 20 goals already in his first season in Germany
We are lucky that Depor don't have him anymore, if they did, the 1st leg could have been 4-0, taking into account the way we played that game

Sc_azzurrik

Mar 1, 2004
why not making Zamba the symbol?!
laugh....it sounds ridiculous.....it's funny n sad at the time!!
u cannot exchange quality and quantity!!
if i'd be Moggi i've never sell Zamba for Mottas, Gabris whatever!!!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sebastian ] ++
ehm about makaay hasselbaink and kluivert they are all crap the only good striker in holland is van nistelrooy and we will never get him.
Kluivert? The same Kluivert who has outscored Cruijff and van Basten by his early twenties for Holland? The one who won the European Cup at 18?

Sure, rubbish. :rolleyes:

++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++
Makaay isn't a creative player like Kluivert or Van Nistelrooy...
Van Nistelrooy creative? He holds the ball up brilliantly, but he's a poacher by instinct. And what an instinct. On the weekend, against Fulham, he was only on for a few minutes, but he had one (half-)chance where he was falling over. He twisted awkwardly in the air, and struck the ball sweetly, unfortunately (or fortunately if you prefer a one-sided title race to seeing Man Utd win) into the side of the net. I can't think of another striker who would have connected there.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Kluivert? The same Kluivert who has outscored Cruijff and van Basten by his early twenties for Holland? The one who won the European Cup at 18?

Sure, rubbish. :rolleyes:
Past times. Truth is that he's no good anymore nowadays and if this is a dip in form then it sure as hell is a pretty darn long one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)