Israeli-Palestinian conflict (45 Viewers)

Is Hamas a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

• No

• Should there be a Jewish nation SOMEWHERE in the world?

• Yes

• No

• Should Israel be a country located in the region it is right now?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That is pretty dishonest of you.

Anyway you are the one doing the shifting here, you keep saying "world", "international community" and can only and barely bring up the US.
Do you realise that if we didn't blatantly bend the rules solely for Israel, you wouldn't even participate in international football?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Did you guys see the BF4 reenactment today from Gaza? Not cheering Hamas here, but that guys got massive balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Did you guys see the BF4 reenactment today from Gaza? Not cheering Hamas here, but that guys got massive balls.

The guy with the anti tank weapons? I believe this is why you support your tanks with infantry cause the tank crew can't see someone run up on them like that. Good luck proceeding into a shelled out gaza with rubble and hidden tunnels everywhere

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Wonder why Israel’s West Bank policies and treatment of Palestinians didn’t infuriate anyone until now. I feel like they’ve been treating them like third class citizens for a long time. The attack by Hamas and the subsequent war just brought it to more people’s eyes I guess.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Wonder why Israel’s West Bank policies and treatment of Palestinians didn’t infuriate anyone until now. I feel like they’ve been treating them like third class citizens for a long time. The attack by Hamas and the subsequent war just brought it to more people’s eyes I guess.
This has been going on forever, the change in the US side is the gradual extinction of boomers. Winds of change are definitely blowing.
Yeah, I think most non-boomer generation westerners have been angry about the settlements for a long time now. They were discussed in a couple of my Uni classes and the overwhelming consensus amongst us was that the Settlements were/are an atrocity. I think a lot of us, who support the right of Israeli state to exist and even to defend itself, find a lot of what Israel does infuriating and that our governments shouldn’t cave to the “anti-Semitism” accusations. Israel should face reduced aid/sanctions until it deals with the settlers/settlements.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Israel really should give up all the settlements they created in the West Bank. By doing so they would also have a much better trumph card in terms of showing the World they want peace.

Israel is there to stay and the arabs who are against them should start to acknowledge that in stead of constantly saying they want to wipe them off the map. But at the same time should Israel stop their own shit.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Do you realise that if we didn't blatantly bend the rules solely for Israel, you wouldn't even participate in international football?

Oh no, how can we keep not qualifying to any tournament then?

Anyway you still don't have an argument

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I’ll never defend Hamas, but this isn’t about them anymore. How many children needs to die, how many people in general.

Also, as already mentioned this isn’t happening just today.

As someone who managed to survive the war and four years of siege which compared to the events happening in Gaza now looks like a childs play (and trust me it wasn’t) the defending bombing and killing is beyond any words.

I don’t want to be drawn further into this conversation, it hurts, especially when talking about victims as a statistics and numbers.
I’m sorry for everything that happens to you before. Thank you for sharing it and wish you nothing but the very best.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
The settlers violence or the settelment expansion issues can not and will not be resolved under this goverment, or any goverment under Bibi. It is a very big issue in the conflict and a huge dettirment to peace, also very quastionably moral imo (the settlements themselves, the settlers violence ofc is undoubtedly reprehensible but it is still a radicalised minority)

With that said I think people here are captives of a misconception that the solution is outside pressure on Israel. While it can bring about a change the time and extreme action it will require renders this option almost irrelevant due to couple of factors in play.

First, the settlers movment itself is a deeply ideologic/religious movment. No amount of outside pressure will change their course and belief. Reason doesn't factor in here at all. They are not operation within any realm of rationality.
Last election they got around 10% of votes, some of them were not even settlers but farmers communities who were promised better protection against agricultural theft and terror. They will not get those votes back ever again.

Second, the orthodox jews parties only care about money and funds to their communities. Religiously they are close to the settlers movment and as long he can buy them off they will stay in Bibi's pocket. The settelment movement in the goverment will have no qualms in diverting budgets to them as long as it serves them so they make great partners.

Third and most important is that those 2 blocks in Israeli politics are the last groups that are willing to form a coalition with Bibi.
Any move he makes that will even be precsived as opposed to the settlers movements he losses his seat and probably forever.

As long as Bibi can get elected this will never change. Sanctions, international pressure, isolation do not matter here, Bibi is trapped with the settlers agenda as long as he stays in politics.

The only option for this to stop is a political change here in Israel, were a new type of coalition form, different from the ones of the last decade or so. A coalition more practical and logical then one driven by a combination of extreme, blind ideology and a bibi personality cult ala Trump. One that will also be more attune to the international community and our allies.

After this, by next election hopefully Bibi will still no longer have the voter base to form any type of coalition, let alone this extreme one, it seems like his presonallty cult is gone almost completely. Until that happens and more parts of the public face the problem honestly this will not change, no matter the amount of outside pressure.

Last edited:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The guy with the anti tank weapons? I believe this is why you support your tanks with infantry cause the tank crew can't see someone run up on them like that. Good luck proceeding into a shelled out gaza with rubble and hidden tunnels everywhere
Yes you support tanks with infantry, and we have plenty of ambushed Merkavas to document the Israeli issues. But the guy who ran up on the tank and placed a warhead next to the ammo storage is next lvl, thats not shooting RPGs from cover.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh no, how can we keep not qualifying to any tournament then?

Anyway you still don't have an argument
Well, I don't have any argument because each and every example doesn't count in your book.

But it doesn't matter.

Let's just suspend aid and support and see what happens. You'll be fine you say. So no worries there then.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Well, I don't have any argument because each and every example doesn't count in your book.

But it doesn't matter.

Let's just suspend aid and support and see what happens. You'll be fine you say. So no worries there then.

You didn't bring any example outside the US.

And the US Israeli relations are not based on mercy or goodwill no matter how much you feel or claim it does.
The annual US aid to Israel is about .07% of our gdp and 3% of our yearly budget. Sure it a lot but not as you make it out to be. And it's a voucher not free money.

Also you are not an American, so who is "let's"?

Anyway, this goes nowhere. We'll agree to disagree

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 33)