Il Capitano Alessandro Del Piero (143 Viewers)

Chromemaster

Apr 28, 2012
Google transtale:

End here, my contract with Juventus expires today.

It is not news, but know that it's "official" makes no effect. For me it is a sad moment, there is no regret or nostalgia. No more. Because these days I got to rethink everything that has happened in my last season in black and white, and from thence to go back and relive the best dream I could dream of.

All memories, all the joys, triumphs and all - to be honest - even some of the recent bitterness now ... all these images pass before me and at one point and dissolve glaze over in that embrace wonderful time of my last game in Turin. That is the picture that has all the instant that I take with me, that from May 13 I was printed in the heart. Indelible.

Some time ago, before leaving for the holidays, I emptied my locker in Vinovo and, coming out of training camp, where I stopped for many months I've waited for you a photo, an autograph, a greeting ... under the snow, frost, rain, sun shining. But this time I have to say goodbye and thank you, as you have done with me.

The players pass, Juventus remains. They remain my friends, to whom I wish the best: tiferò always for them. Remain especially you fans who are Juventus. Remains that shirt that I loved and I always will, that I wanted and respected, no exceptions, no discounts. I am happy that others after me will wear it, even and especially the "10" since there are names on the shirts eagle, has always brought my own. I am happy for those who will wear next year, I'm happy that somewhere - in Italy and around the world - someone is dreaming of wearing it. And I would be proud that you would go through my story, as I have done with other samples, other examples, other legends.

From tomorrow I will not be a Juventus player, but will always remain one of you.

Now begins another adventure. And I'm loaded like 19 summers ago.

Goodbye, boys. Thanks for everything.

Alessandro
Great words from a legendary player.
Thank you Ale for the great memories, you will always be our captain.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Here is a great video of Del Piero's career. It was last night on Raisport. This thread shouldn't change or move out of respect for the greatest player ever played for Juve. Il Capitano is his second name. After 19 seasons, 289 goals (more than anyone else), 705 appearances (another record), he deserves it.

enzo

May 14, 2012
You will always be our captain. Thanks for everything, for every minute on the pitch, every moment of sorrow, glory and happiness. I wish you the best, good luck to you and your family. Don't let us stay separated for too long. I hope to see you soon again :)

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
As sad a situation as this obviously is, we can all be thankful that we were witness to one of the greatest footballers to ever play the game and the best player in this club's history.

Thank you Alex :touched:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
As sad a situation as this obviously is, we can all be thankful that we were witness to one of the greatest footballers to ever play the game and the best player in this club's history.

Thank you Alex :touched:
this!! i'd just add one of the classiest players to grace football bitches!!

i dont post regularly as some of you do in this thread, but Del piero has brought me happiness through out the years i've been a juventus fan. a true sportsman on and off the pitch and you dont see this a lot in a profession where some of the greediest individuals exist who sell there principles for a bigger pay check, or players who r willing to take time off for there community or a nation in distress even if its not his own!!! thats how you pay fans who go thru hell and back to witness you play even in yr off days.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Well said Bisc :tup: there aren't many players you can honestly say you're 'proud' to have apart of your club, Alex is one of those without question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)